Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: MSU Hoops vs Cincy game thread...

vCash
    Well since we don't even try to get the fall underneath or can't we might as well go back to the Stans 5 guard playbook, We get on Peters but Ado has been either a turnover machine of just plain clueless the last 5 games. Until we have confidence in the big men down under this team won't get very far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    But, what? About 11 of our players get a participation trophy for playing tonight?***
    I laughed. That?s crazy. I understand they?re pressing, but it?s really hard to get into a rhythm breaking a full court press when you keep changing people wholsale like that.

vCash
    Our Basketball program sucks. More of the same old crap.

vCash
    I played in high school a long time ago. Can any of you ex-coaches tell who should perhaps be the starters on this "team", and who should come off the bench? Is Howland playing almost all the scholarship players in OOC games still looking for these type answers. It's a two hour ride for my 16 year old son and I to go to the Hump, but I would do it if there is a good chance of a hard working "team", not AAU ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well since we don't even try to get the fall underneath or can't we might as well go back to the Stans 5 guard playbook, We get on Peters but Ado has been either a turnover machine of just plain clueless the last 5 games. Until we have confidence in the big men down under this team won't get very far.
    Ado is a presence on defense that we absolutely have to have. They barely hit 60 tonight. Our defense is ok and he’s a big part of that. We do need to improve offensively though. He needs to set screens, be able to play inside out with the ball in his hands, and hit the boards on offense because he can’t on defense (his role is to block shots).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    You take out Peters, this is a competive game and a possible win. Peters single handedly lost us this game. 0-11, 7 turnovers, two fouls at the end that led to five freethrow makes.
    He was just awful or pitiful whichever applies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And yet we still have a big time chance to win if Peters never plays...

vCash
    I played in high school a long time ago. Can any of you ex-coaches tell who should perhaps be the starters on this "team", and who should come off the bench? Is Howland playing almost all the scholarship players in OOC games still looking for these type answers. It's a two hour ride for my 16 year old son and I to go to the Hump, but I would do it if there is a good chance of a hard working "team", not AAU ball.
    If it were me:
    Ado
    Holman
    Q
    Nick
    Tyson

Lamar (1/2 combo off bench)
    Herard (4/5 off bench)
    Datcher (if any bigs get in foul trouble, early or late).

Once you see who’s hot between Ty and Q, they play and the other rotates with Peters. Our trouble is our offensive sets. They need more disciplined plays in my opinion. We can’t find a rhythm moving the ball in a half court set. Q is the only one that moves decent without the ball in a half court set, and when that happens it’s fast break or bust.
    Last edited by Political Hack; 12-12-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    And yet we still have a big time chance to win if Peters never plays...
    Peters is in a fragile spot mentally right now. He is incredibly talented. Howland can't bench him completely or he'll lose him forever. A win vs Cincy isn't worth losing Peters for good. He is that fragile right now. I really hope he can pull through this. Going 0-10 can't be fun a week after almost quitting.

vCash
    Its not all Lamar Peters fault. Lay off the guy. We dont win this one even if he played decent, theyve won 31 straight home games. This team will be a different team in a few weeks, but at the same time they havent shown enough to ''pack the hump'' dont blame anyone for choosing to watch it on TV

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    This is exactly why the crowds at home have been lacking!!!! 5 individuals on the court at all times. Pathetic. That schedule that J William was laughing at during halftime is the only reason we were undefeated before tonight. Going to need a huge turnaround and improvement to make any tournament.

Either Howland cannot coach any longer or these AAU guys are not coachable. Got to be one or the other.

vCash
    I bet we didn't have 5 assists, could be wrong.

vCash
    Ideally, it would be
    PG: Nick
    G: Peters
    G: Q
    4: Holman
    5: Ado

Bring Carter, Datcher, and X off the bench with Carter logging starters minutes. We can't give up on Peters yet.

vCash
    I bet we didn't have 5 assists, could be wrong.
    9 assists, 16 TOs

Anyone remember the last time we had a positive assists to TO ratio vs a good team?

vCash
    Didn't we win a couple of those first 8 games (strength of schedule 349) on buzzer beaters by Q?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Is this camera located in Kentucky? I can't see crap and I have a 70"!!! Nevermind probably won't be watching much longer
    I have a 65 and moved a chair half between my couch and the 65.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Its not all Lamar Peters fault. Lay off the guy. We dont win this one even if he played decent, theyve won 31 straight home games. This team will be a different team in a few weeks, but at the same time they havent shown enough to ''pack the hump'' dont blame anyone for choosing to watch it on TV
    There’s a difference between struggling and helping your team in places you can help them and playing selfishly. He played selfishly tonight. Look at his stats. 0-11 6 turnovers and 2 assists? Really? And one rebound....

vCash
    Holman and Nick each played 26 minutes. That can't happen. Both need to be averaging 30+. It's time to cut down the rotation.

vCash
    There’s a difference between struggling and helping your team in places you can help them and playing selfishly. He played selfishly tonight. Look at his stats. 0-11 6 turnovers and 2 assists? Really? And one rebound....
    Q and Peters were 3-23 combined. Everyone would have said those are our 2 best players heading into the season. I wouldn't mind us cutting Q's minutes a little.

vCash
    Now watching "The Curse of Oak Island". They will find the gold before we make the NCAA in basketball again!*** Hail State!