Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU Hoops vs Cincy game thread...

vCash
    I think the most frustrating thing is no one on our team is that much noticeably better than last year. Maybe Holman, but that's probably because his 3 is falling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Shocking that he played. Datcher and Ado are clearly ahead of him at this point.
    But none are that good. With our schedule, I have no problem giving them all a shot. Herard has a stretch of games last year vs aTm, Kentucky, and OM (I think... 3 game stretch anyway) that was pretty dang good. That stretch is the most impressive any of the 3 have had so far.

vCash
    We're a young team playing our first road game against a ranked opponent with a 31-game home winning streak. Probably should have admitted sooner this game would probably go this way.

Still plenty of season ahead, and time in this game for that matter. Anyone coming in and reading this thread would think we're down 30 right now; still a chance to make something happen down 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It's not over, but he looks to be struggling. Let's not run him into the ground.
    Run him into the ground? At some point, he has to face it that for whatever reason he’s sucking so he needs to help us otherways. He has to play at a high level in these games if we are going to get where we want to go. Howland is having to play Q at point even when Peters is in the game. This is borderline ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Peters dad passed away last year.
    Substitute family member then... I meant no disrespect to his dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    But none are that good. With our schedule, I have no problem giving them all a shot. Herard has a stretch of games last year vs aTm, Kentucky, and OM (I think... 3 game stretch anyway) that was pretty dang good. That stretch is the most impressive any of the 3 have had so far.
    You just can't play 11 guys msstate7. I've been telling you that for at least 3 years, probably since this board started.

vCash
    Honestly I give Herard a chance to prove himself. He's got a year under his belt.

Banned
    vCash
    Where did peters being a lottery pick start? Seriously? His dad or something?
    He lit it up in summer ball in Vegas where they play zero defense. It got him placed as a lottery pick on mock draft boards.

vCash
    Where did peters being a lottery pick start? Seriously? His dad or something?
    His dad was murdered last year dude. Not cool.

vCash
    You just can't play 11 guys msstate7. I've been telling you that for at least 3 years, probably since this board started.
    Howland says you can lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    His dad was murdered last year dude. Not cool.
    Oh shut up he didn't know. Moving on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Not sure but wherever it came from has created a selfish non productive player. Reminds me of Jamont Gordan after he got a little props. Started trying to be Kobe instead of being a team guy.

We can?t hold on to the ball. Are we weak physically or just soft? Something is up.
    The issue with Peters is 3 fold:
    1) the 3 game suspension in the middle of this non-conference got him out of rhythm.
    2) his 3 ain't falling
    3)he's not sure of his role with Nick on the team. This team will be the best it can be with both of them on the court together. It's going to take some time for chemistry to develop.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd play all 13 guys if I was the coach but that's because I'd play 40 minutes of hell running and pressing style of basketball and try to exhaust the other team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Oh shut up he didn't know. Moving on
    I really didn?t. No disrespect to his dad

vCash
    Peters will be a out of control, turnover machine if he continues to drive into the teeth of their defense, into the lane. I know we have no seniors and the only junior is Q, correct? You can't try to play this many guys and be a "team". This looks like one of those all-star games, give up the ball and you don't see it again as someone jacks up a three. They don't know the definition of an offensive rebound or an assist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'd play all 13 guys if I was the coach but that's because I'd play 40 minutes of hell running and pressing style of basketball and try to exhaust the other team
    Right, if you press all game, you can play all 11 scholarship players.

vCash
    We haven?t had everyone available due to injuries and suspensions so Howland is probably still trying to figure out some combinations and substitutions.

vCash
    Honest question. With Peters, Carter, and Nick on the team, why is Q playing the point so much?

vCash
    Ado cannot rebound

vCash

We're being exposed. Course the same things (rebounding, outside shooting)

are rearing their ugly heads.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)