Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU Hoops vs Cincy game thread...

Banned
    vCash

MSU Hoops vs Cincy game thread...

Yea I'm starting this early. Lamar Peters has totally dropped out the mock draft rankings. Didn't expect it to happen this quickly. Ball out tonight Lamar! 15 assists

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    If he keeps this up, who will get processed? Don't someone have to leave to make room for the 3 we got coming in. I have a feeling it will be Eli Wright.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    If he keeps this up, who will get processed? Don't someone have to leave to make room for the 3 we got coming in. I have a feeling it will be Eli Wright.
    I think someone will leave on their own

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Can't someone just pay for school for a year or get an academic scholarship? MSU is dirt cheap tuition. Just pay them back under the table. This isn't difficult. Auburn has 19 players. My vote on who goes if we're not bend the rules is Herard though. If he can't learn to use his size and play big he's not much help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Can't someone just pay for school for a year or get an academic scholarship? MSU is dirt cheap tuition. Just pay them back under the table. This isn't difficult. Auburn has 19 players. My vote on who goes if we're not bend the rules is Herard though. If he can't learn to use his size and play big he's not much help.
    Herard has thrown up enough bricks this year to build a house, only thing halfway decent about him is a large defensive presence.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm afraid we lose by 12+ tonight.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Yea I'm starting this early. Lamar Peters has totally dropped out the mock draft rankings. Didn't expect it to happen this quickly. Ball out tonight Lamar! 15 assists

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft
    Lamar had a great summer but for whatever reason has not translated to the team. He has the skills but he has to be consistent. There is plenty of time for him to play himself back into the 1st round. Tonight would be a good step if he plays up to potential.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yea you haven't watched Cincy one bit. Probably haven't watched us either. Your prediction sucks.

vCash
    Peters should have never been the mock drafts to start. I'm sure he looked great in the showcase tour this summer, but lots of guys can look good against in situations where no defense is being played.

Lamar is very talented and probably enough so to make an NBA roster, but there is along way to go just in on the court maturity to justify a first round selection.

vCash
    If he picks it up and leads us to the NCAA tournament, he could still get there. Oddly enough, he has very similar stats to what Westbrook had as a Sophomore. The season is still young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Lamar had a great summer but for whatever reason has not translated to the team. He has the skills but he has to be consistent. There is plenty of time for him to play himself back into the 1st round. Tonight would be a good step if he plays up to potential.
    Yep, agreed. If he has himself a night and gets his teammates involved, he will shoot up the boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I hope we keep it that close.

vCash
    We lose..... everyone bitches about howland and it's expected.
    We win everyone bitches..wheres this team been all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We lose..... everyone bitches about howland and it's expected.
    We win everyone bitches..wheres this team been all year.
    I'll take option two, please and thank you.

I don't think our team is as good as our record or as bad as our SoS. Since I have actually watched most of our games and not just looked at the final score, I've found that our team seems to be up by a good bit at about half way through the second half, then they get bored and let the other team come back. Does that show youth and a lack of discipline at times? Sure. However, I do not expect this team to get bored while facing Cincy, so we will get to see what they actually look like against a team that is at least as talented that will also punch them in the mouth a few times. Keep in mind that a worse version of our current team took Kentucky to the wire last year- the talent is there.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Yea you haven't watched Cincy one bit. Probably haven't watched us either. Your prediction sucks.
    Somebody better tell ESPN (and Vegas)

Matchup Predictor
    CINMSST 90.7%9.3%
    According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index
    PickCenter
    8-0, 1-3-0 ATS 7-2, 3-4-0 ATS
    --
    TEAMRANKINGS
    --
    --
    NUMBERFIRE
    --
    SPREAD CONSENSUS PICK
    --
    +11.5 SPREAD -11.5
    +550 MONEY LINE -800

OVER/UNDER

Frankly, I'll be surprised if we keep it within 20. Until our offense changes from "jack up some 3s", we are going to struggle against real teams.

Our only chance is if we get hot from 3 and drain a ton of them.

vCash
    You can switch to being a walkon and pay your own tuition. Jarvis Varnado did that so that Renardo Sydney could have a scholarship with us.

You can't switch to academic scholarship though. Anyone who was recruited and has a scholarship counts as a scholarship player, even if the athletic department doesn't fund it. (I believe this rule only applies in football and basketball, but I'm not sure. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Somebody better tell ESPN (and Vegas)

Matchup Predictor
    CINMSST 90.7%9.3%
    According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index
    PickCenter
    8-0, 1-3-0 ATS 7-2, 3-4-0 ATS
    --
    TEAMRANKINGS
    --
    --
    NUMBERFIRE
    --
    SPREAD CONSENSUS PICK
    --
    +11.5 SPREAD -11.5
    +550 MONEY LINE -800

OVER/UNDER

Frankly, I'll be surprised if we keep it within 20. Until our offense changes from "jack up some 3s", we are going to struggle against real teams.

Our only chance is if we get hot from 3 and drain a ton of them.
    Lol, whatever. We will keep it close. I doubt we get blown out. I think it will be a close game but I’m not going to pull the trigger on us winning but it wouldn’t surprise me if we did. This team has a ton of talent and if they take a “it’s me against the world” mentality we could easily win this game. We will start all four stars on our starting five which is more then I could say about Cincy. We have 8 four stars on this team which is way more then Cincy. Like I said in a previous thread if we continue to play good defense, be patient on offense, and turn their turnovers into points like Florida did we have a great chance to win.

vCash
    if we shoot better than 35% from 3 , we win this game by 8 or more points

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You can switch to being a walkon and pay your own tuition. Jarvis Varnado did that so that Renardo Sydney could have a scholarship with us.
    Alright so who wants to pay for a year and get a lifetime supply of Juicy Jumbos for it??

vCash
    well, the line is 11, so maybe it doesnt