Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenn. Recruicting Dude Says a Flip Coming

vCash
    Brandon Walker now saying on Six Pack that we are now fighting an up hill battle for Murphy and that folks in WP are worried. Walker definitely has good sources in WP
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Every player does that. Pictures don't concern me, actions do.

The big thing is for the MSU recruiting machine to prevent Murphy from taking that Tennessee visit this weekend.

I always wonder if savvy recruits create drama at the end to see if they can get a little extra before they sign? Almost Jimmy Sexton is representing some of these guys
    Even if he visits this weekend, it doesn’t mean he will flip. Marlon Humphrey visited us the last recruiting weekend before he picked Alabama. Did we really see that one going for the good guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Every player does that. Pictures don't concern me, actions do.

The big thing is for the MSU recruiting machine to prevent Murphy from taking that Tennessee visit this weekend.

I always wonder if savvy recruits create drama at the end to see if they can get a little extra before they sign? Almost Jimmy Sexton is representing some of these guys
    I would if I were them. My problem with this is understanding how they suddenly just become a huge factor basically just by hiring Pruitt? But whatever, i'm getting tired of reading daily drama on "committed kids" flirting with other programs.

The downside to all these coaching hires is some bigger schools really needing to make a splash with recruits and it's going to hurt us b/c several of them hired guys with ties our primary recruiting area. All this i don't think is about losing our old staff, but more about the new people at other jobs.

Will keep fingers crossed on this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Brandon Walker now saying on Six Pack that we are now fighting an up hill battle for Murphy and that folks in WP are worried. Walker definitely has good sources in WP
    Yup. Amazing how you can be fighting an uphill battle to a staff that was hired a few days ago at a bad program.

We just have to prevent him from taking the visit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    yep
    ...It's a big nothing burger that has been on his page for days. But NOW it means something? Na

vCash
    Got to figure with TN's Pruitt being the coach and Fair (their DB coach) doing the visit, they are selling Murphy by telling him he's a natural fit for their safety position and they are going to have a lights out defense like Alabama's. They are probably negatively recruiting by telling Murphy that MSU is going to use him wrong on offense (that would also be backed up by Merlens original plan as Murphy being a safety).

This would need to be countered by CJM by telling Murphy that he could possibly play both ways at MSU. We will see what's your natural fit.
    Last edited by msudawglb; 12-12-2017 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Got to figure with TN's Pruitt being the coach and Fair (their DB coach) doing the visit, they are selling Murphy by telling him he's a natural fit for their safety position and they are going to have a lights out defense like Alabama's. They are probably negatively recruiting by telling Murphy that MSU is going to use him wrong on offense (that would also be backed up by Merlens original plan as Murphy being a safety).
    Nope, it’s money. We have to turn these assholes in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's not how it played out. It went the way Pruitt wanted
    So Pruitt wanted to lose the State job to Moorhead? Because that's how it played out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Whatever man. Steve is saying this same bullshit. Just because a kid visits doesn?t mean he?s going to flip. This really is getting ridiculous. Our fans are our own worst enemy.
    A lot of these people aren’t our fans!! We will figure it out. And for the record, I don’t think anyone will flip!!
    Last edited by DogsofAnarchy; 12-12-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    So Pruitt wanted to lose the State job to Moorhead? Because that's how it played out.
    Really? He wasn't ready to commit to a school until things shook out with Tenn and FSU

vCash
    Really? He wasn't ready to commit to a school until things shook out with Tenn and FSU
    So Moorhead was our 2nd choice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Don't believe it. Tennessee obviously thinks they can take anything we have, as evidenced with Mullen (don't tell them that Mullen turned them down).

That said, you were crazy if you did not expect other teams to come after our recruits.
    You'd better believe it.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Keep an eye out for mama and see if she if she gives up the Wal-Mart job in the next few days.***
    No Signature

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Murphy to State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So Moorhead was our 2nd choice?
    No but Pruitt wasn't going to commit to us if offered and was up front about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Murphy to State
    Boom

vCash
    No but Pruitt wasn't going to commit to us if offered and was up front about that.
    What about the PR blitz saying he had been offered? Seems he was pushing us to hire him.

vCash
    son of a bitch, get it together
    LFC YNWA

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Murphy is 100 percent bulldog. Same deal as Kylin with Texas last year. Don't blame these kids for taking visits.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    This is why we hired our current staff....JoMo, show me what you got!