Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tenn. Recruicting Dude Says a Flip Coming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    What about the PR blitz saying he had been offered? Seems he was pushing us to hire him.
    That came from Pruitts camp? And his agent, Sexton? Yeah what could I be thinking, no way Sexton would do something like that. First reports of our offer read something like, friends or people close to Pruitt report MSU has offered him the HC job and he is strongly considering accepting or will most likely accept. The alleged offer leak didn't come from MSU or Cohen
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 12-12-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Murphy to State
    Told ya. This is as good as a signature. When isid says it you can bank on it.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Word on the street are that things seem to be settling down with MM. Hopefully that’s that andnits over, but never underestimate silly season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Photo of him and Vol coaches on his page. This would be a huge disappointment.

Throwing up the "shocker". Nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That came from Pruitts camp? And his agent, Sexton? Yeah what could I be thinking, no way Sexton would do something like that. First reports of our offer read something like, friends or people close to Pruitt report MSU has offered him the HC job and he is strongly considering accepting or will most likely accept. The alleged offer leak didn't come from MSU or Cohen
    It seems Pruitt really wanted our job and tried to force Cohen/Keenum to hire him with the PR. It backfired. We were not in love with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It very much seemed like Sexton was trying to scare off any other options so Pruitt could have the MSU offer and maybe play UT and FSU against it. We probably wouldn't have waited for Pruitt to see if things shook out like that but it seems like Sexton was trying to force the situation. I do think that Moorhead was Cohen's first option because I think Cohen believes in getting a great offensive system as the building block. A good to great DC is a lot easier to hire than a good to great offensive coordinator. Also it is easier to change DC systems than OC other than changing from 3-4 to 4-3 unless you have the Dline for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It very much seemed like Sexton was trying to scare off any other options so Pruitt could have the MSU offer and maybe play UT and FSU against it. We probably wouldn't have waited for Pruitt to see if things shook out like that but it seems like Sexton was trying to force the situation. I do think that Moorhead was Cohen's first option because I think Cohen believes in getting a great offensive system as the building block. A good to great DC is a lot easier to hire than a good to great offensive coordinator. Also it is easier to change DC systems than OC other than changing from 3-4 to 4-3 unless you have the Dline for it.
    I think Pruitt knew it was him or Moorhead (with Joe way ahead of him) and he was trying to muddy the waters. I'm sure we asked him to spell asparagus. He looked at Cohen blankly and knew he wouldn't be getting the job.

vCash
    Take a break guys. His mother and he were together at a gathering this past weekend at MSU.

As to why Pruitt didn't get the job.... My guess, Sexton nor his office should have leaked his name to the media.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 12-12-2017 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    Talking of Sexton, could he become a victim of his success as it pertains to the Pruitt's, and other asst. coaches like him, and lower level HCs?

Will schools give non-Sexton coaches a first look, or maybe a more thorough look, just so they don't have to deal with him or his BS?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Talking of Sexton, could he become a victim of his success as it pertains to the Pruitt's, and other asst. coaches like him, and lower level HCs?

Will schools give non-Sexton coaches a first look, or maybe a more thorough look, just so they don't have to deal with him or his BS?
    Yes. Scott Boras has caused the same issue in MLB.

Talent is still talent & so long as Sexton has the best great coaches, people will attempt to hire those coaches.

It's the 2nd level assistants & lesser guys that will have the problem. Just like Boras, there will be numerous teams/schools that refuse to deal with him.

vCash
    Pruitt didn't have "glowing" references. The guy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in the past. Not to say he's not a good coach, but he's got some baggage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Pruitt didn't have "glowing" references. The guy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in the past. Not to say he's not a good coach, but he's got some baggage.
    Yeah showed up at Mark Richt's house drunk and threatened to whip his a$$.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Yeah showed up at Mark Richt's house drunk and threatened to whip his a$$.
    I didn't see these **** so I assume this is based on fact.

Wow, I'm glad we didn't hire that dude. Joe Mo sounded very well on Bo this am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I didn't see these **** so I assume this is based on fact.

Wow, I'm glad we didn't hire that dude. Joe Mo sounded very well on Bo this am.
    The sheer amount of aiights in his press conference told me we hired the right guy in Coach Moorhead. Pruitt’s press conference made Lane Kiffin sound like an amazing public speaker. Pruitt took Saban’s aiight to a whole new level.

vCash
    This is what I’m talking about aiight:

https://youtu.be/aqYgNi2a2EE

vCash
    I think Murphy is all dawg

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Murphy to State
    What this said

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Word on the street are that things seem to be settling down with MM. Hopefully that’s that andnits over, but never underestimate silly season.
    Settling down? Ha! There was nothing to settle down.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Settling down? Ha! There was nothing to settle down.
    There was. And it was settled down.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    There was. And it was settled down.
    for fans...that's it. Do you live in WP?
    No Signature