Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants L Jackson to play and who wants him to sit?

vCash

Who wants L Jackson to play and who wants him to sit?

Since the playoff has relegated the other bowls to consolation prizes, the trend for many high draft picks is to sit out. Would you rather play LVille with Jackson or without? I want to see the guy play even if it lowers our chances to 50/50 from the 80/20 I would guess it to be without him.
    On the other hand, we are playing without a starting QB, so I guess its even. I dont know.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I want to win.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    How is the gator bowl any more or less important than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Whatever year the bowl started? It’s a nice vacation and glorified exhibition game between 2 teams that have no shot of winning the national title. The idea that the BCS and now the CFP suddenly took away the importance of these bowl games is ludicrous. They are the same as they’ve always been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    How is the gator bowl any more or less important than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Whatever year the bowl started? It’s a nice vacation and glorified exhibition game between 2 teams that have no shot of winning the national title. The idea that the BCS and now the CFP suddenly took away the importance of these bowl games is ludicrous. They are the same as they’ve always been.
    The Gator Bowl has been around a long time. It was one of the early bowls when there was only a handful (maybe 5 or 6), and getting a bowl invitation really meant something.

vCash
    Sit. It’s about the W. Need a jump on rankings next year.

Banned
    vCash
    I want to face Lamar. I am sure they have a decent backup so it ain't like they'll turn into Akron without him. I doubt he runs very much if he plays so we'll be facing a toned down version of the 2016 Heisman winner.

vCash
    It's about the win and momentum for next year. Jackson sitting is good for Miss State. Us losing that game hurts the program. Winning it- regardless of who plays- is good momentum for the program.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think he will play. Hopefully he will play to protect himself... not run and pass from the pocket

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's about the win and momentum for next year. Jackson sitting is good for Miss State. Us losing that game hurts the program. Winning it- regardless of who plays- is good momentum for the program.
    Obviously I know zero about their backup but I am not sold Lamar sitting means they are worse off. It's going to be a watered down version of Lamar. He will protect himself from injury which means no running. He'd be a damn idiot not to. Backup will be hungry to prove himself. I'd rather face watered down Lamar and that's without knowing anything about the RAT on the bench. I understand your stance though.

vCash
    I have absolutely no idea what to expect in the Gator Bowl

- We have a primitive coaching staff, but coaches trying to prove themselves.
    - We have our backup QB but he is talented with a full month of prep.
    - We are coming off a tough loss & the loss of our QB, but the players will be pumped to show Moorhead what they can do. I see no way that they are flat.

I just have zero clue what we will look or play like in that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Obviously I know zero about their backup but I am not sold Lamar sitting means they are worse off. It's going to be a watered down version of Lamar. He will protect himself from injury which means no running. He'd be a damn idiot not to. Backup will be hungry to prove himself. I'd rather face watered down Lamar and that's without knowing anything about the RAT on the bench. I understand your stance though.
    Let's put this way, he may think he want take any chances, but when he has the ball it's open season on his ass. He knows this and a guy who has won a Hesiman will want to win I'm betting. Don't see him less than 100%, he is a pretty smart runner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I want to win.
    Me too BUT I have never been less invested in a bowl game. I mean we have half a coaching staff left on campus who apparently are all (except Baker) spending most of their time looking for another job. You know that is a higher priority for them than preparing our team for a bowl game. And on top of that we have to start our true freshman QB because the cheap shot Rebs put out our starter.

vCash
    Hell no. I want to see our D against him. Let’s see how good we can be next year.

vCash
    I'll be sitting my ass in the stands and I damn well wanna see Jackson play. Dude is just plain fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dildoes View Post
    I'll be sitting my ass in the stands and I damn well wanna see Jackson play. Dude is just plain fun to watch.
    He's exciting no doubt.

vCash
    Sit but he's not gonna.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Is it even an option he doesn?t play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    How is the gator bowl any more or less important than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Whatever year the bowl started?
    Personally would like to see number of bowls reduced .. even if it means we or other SEC teams don't go so often. Number of bowl games has increased to .. 15 games in 1980, to 19 games in 1990, 25 games in 2000, 35 games in 2010 and 41 games by 2015 (40 games plus two teams playing a second game to determine the National Champion).

It used to mean more.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    No. He has stated several times that he is playing. Lamar will be the fastest running QB we have faced all season. I am sure our D is excited about the challenge. Our secondary is what I am concerned with as Lamar can thread needles with his arm.

vCash
    I just want to see Peter Sirmon leave the field with cleat marks across his back where we ran all over his defense
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.