Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants L Jackson to play and who wants him to sit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Since the playoff has relegated the other bowls to consolation prizes, the trend for many high draft picks is to sit out. Would you rather play LVille with Jackson or without? I want to see the guy play even if it lowers our chances to 50/50 from the 80/20 I would guess it to be without him.
    On the other hand, we are playing without a starting QB, so I guess its even. I dont know.
    I want to win--a 9th win looks a lot better than 8. If we had Mullen and Grantham, I wouldn't mind seeing what we could do against them full strength with us having Key instead of Fitz. Now that we have a skeleton coaching crew, I would rather him not play.

Edit to add: More important that just going from 8 to 9 wins is finishing ranked. Likely in the Top 20 if we win. If he plays, then we need to beat him.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 12-12-2017 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I just want to see Peter Sirmon leave the field with cleat marks across his back where we ran all over his defense
    This made me laugh!! So true!

+1

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    No. He has stated several times that he is playing. Lamar will be the fastest running QB we have faced all season. I am sure our D is excited about the challenge. Our secondary is what I am concerned with as Lamar can thread needles with his arm.
    Has Louisville played a defense since they played LSU in the bowl last year? LSU shut their asses down and I fully expect our guys to do the same. Should be a nice showcase for KT. His touch on passes is beyond his age. Once his decision making speeds up with more playing time, I fully expect him to challenge all of our QB records. Dude has all the skills and a much higher ceiling potential than Dak or Fitz.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 12-12-2017 at 09:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Has Louisville played a defense since they played LSU in the bowl last year? LSU shut their asses down and I fully expect our guys to do the same. Should be a nice showcase for KT. His touch on passes is beyond his age. Once his decision making speeds up with more playing time, I fully expect him to challenge all of our QB records. Dude has all the skills and a much higher ceiling potential than Dak or Fitz.
    This is one thing that is in our favor. Our strengths match up with UofL. We have to replace Fitz with Key but their defense is shit anyway. Once Key settled in then we ran all over UM. It will come down to if our defense can stop Jackson and I like our chances if English can call a good game. At least he has been a DC before unlike the Orange Bowl. I also like the fact that Elliot is calling the offense. He knows Mullen's offense so it isn't like throwing someone in that doesn't know the calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Clempson’s defense is OK.

vCash
    Sit. Not interested in seeing him have a field day with our secondary.

vCash
    Yeah if Jackson does play, it's not going to be pretty against our secondary. Yes, our guys will be motivated to play against him, but after a few gut punches I fear they will be able to run away