Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 34th in AP poll

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    If howland has us in the tourney or on the Bible then I will be very satisfied
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We are 8-0 but haven?t really played that well yet. That says something for us but if we play like we have these first 8 games tomorrow night and we fire up 30 3?s and make 20 percent of them, we will get beat by 20. We are at our best when being aggressive to the basket. Peters penetrating and dishing or a Weatherspoon trying to finish at the rim. Interested to see how Ado does tomorrow as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Hope you are right. I haven't watched Cincy play a second this year but have watched enough of our games to see that our half court offense is terrible. If we can't score in transition, we jack up three's. This team hasn't shown me the ability to play as a team. I see five good players but not a good team.
    Haven’t seen Cincy play but say we’re going to get smoked. Great talking with ya. Maybe you didn’t see but Peters and Q are starting to warm up from three land. Between the two of them they hit 7 threes on Saturday. But whatevs. We will get smoked. Also, our halfcourt offense is improving and our biggest issue IMO has been health and suspensions. We will have everyone back and healthy for this game. I think it will be competitive but we might not win it but we still will go 12-1 in the OOC schedule and odds are good start the SEC 4-1 for a 16-2 start. But I doubt that will bring our fans back to the Hump because for some reason people would still say we sucked even if we started the season 16-2. It seems our fans want to be chic that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Bubble? Since it's you, you may have meant Bible. But then it doesn't make sense, at least to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    We are 8-0 but haven?t really played that well yet. That says something for us but if we play like we have these first 8 games tomorrow night and we fire up 30 3?s and make 20 percent of them, we will get beat by 20. We are at our best when being aggressive to the basket. Peters penetrating and dishing or a Weatherspoon trying to finish at the rim. Interested to see how Ado does tomorrow as well
    We have played well in spurts but have lost focus when we turn some games into blowouts. In the SFA game, we went up 16 and lost focus and still found a way to win in the end. We boat raced Dayton for the first 25 minutes of the game and went up 21 and lost focus the last 10 or so minutes to win it in the end. This game against Cincy will be the first game we will have everyone back from suspension and injury. I just want to see us go out there and give 100% effort for 40 minutes, continue to play great defense, and be patient in our halfcourt offense. That means taking perimeter shots or driving to the basket for layups or drawing fouls within the flow of the offense. If we do that, we will definitely like the result as I believe we would beat them straight up. I think they will have fits with Nick W and Peters applying ball pressure out front at the point of attack. We should have opportunities to turn them over and get easy offense that way as well. Florida scored about 30 points off their turnovers and I think our guards can have similar success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I think you will be satisfied as that is where we are headed.

vCash
    We’ve got to find our stroke from 3 and knock down open looks in the flow like you say. We don’t need forced 3’s unless shot clock is winding down. We’ve forced a bunch of quick 3’s so far this season. We need to try and be a little more patient and run sets to get open looks

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Just 17n with you PH. But seriously, Apple is like facebook. It was cool until my grandmother had one and their "innovations" were released by samsung 5 years ago.
    I love Apple and I love my iPhone. Glad you love your phone but I'll never understand the need to shit on the iPhone from non-users.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    We’ve got to find our stroke from 3 and knock down open looks in the flow like you say. We don’t need forced 3’s unless shot clock is winding down. We’ve forced a bunch of quick 3’s so far this season. We need to try and be a little more patient and run sets to get open looks
    I don't understand why you say we have been "forcing" threes...some, yes, but most have been open looks that we just haven't knocked down.

That said, we still need to attack the rim and push the ball on defensive rebounds. We are as good as anybody in transition.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    One key will be staying out of foul trouble and having to sub in Stone Hands Herard. He?s really regressed and seems to have trouble holding on to the back almkst every time he touches it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    One key will be staying out of foul trouble and having to sub in Stone Hands Herard. He?s really regressed and seems to have trouble holding on to the back almkst every time he touches it.
    Best fix for Herard's hands are to play Datcher/Feazell/Singleton instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    I don't understand why you say we have been "forcing" threes...some, yes, but most have been open looks that we just haven't knocked down.

That said, we still need to attack the rim and push the ball on defensive rebounds. We are as good as anybody in transition.
    Do you see now that we shoot quick 3’s that lead to easy baskets for the other team. It’s happened a ton tonight

vCash
    Y’all watching this game?

34th was way too high. Idiots gave them 8 votes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I love Apple and I love my iPhone. Glad you love your phone but I'll never understand the need to shit on the iPhone from non-users.
    I've been through a 12 step program. Loving my Android. Freedom!

vCash
    34th seems accurate.