Would pushing signing day back to May or even April delay the coaching carousel?

Why doesn?t the NCAA push signing day back to later in spring?

In my opinion, the hot seat talk and ultimately the mid season firing of coaches dominated college football news this season and is a bad look for college football. UT and UF absolutely packed in their season half way through this year. I think it is huge distraction for the players, coaches and fans.

A number of the sec teams are without head coaches and complete staffs for bowls that payout millions. Bowls that will be poorly attended because of the volatile situations within the football programs. Alabama is playing in the CFP with a Lame duck DC.

In addition, you now have mid December signing day in the middle of all this chaos with the February date around the corner.

Pushing the signing day back to May or April would allow the administration more time to let the season play out through the bowls. Then still leave you 3-4 months to fire and hire coaches. Also allow the high school prospects enough time to see the shake out, revisit coaching staffs and make a decision.

Maybe there is a reason signing day is in February....(may finals?). But I?m sure the kids can get their studying in and make a decision before May 1. Also this gives universities more time to see if kids qualify.