Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash

Kylin Hill

https://youtu.be/NPfj1SYgoHs

He is going to be a good one for us.

vCash
    It's going to be exciting to see how Moorhead uses Kylin next year especially with the Moorhead coming in with a fresh eye & no loyalty to any players.

I really like Aeris, but wouldn't be shocked if Moorhead falls in love with Kylin's versatility & play making ability.

vCash

Oh yeah

It will definitely be one of the better one-two punches in the league for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's going to be exciting to see how Moorhead uses Kylin next year especially with the Moorhead coming in with a fresh eye & no loyalty to any players.

I really like Aeris, but wouldn't be shocked if Moorhead falls in love with Kylin's versatility & play making ability.

vCash
    I'm not sure it'll be this extreme of a shift even with a new coach, but I'd almost like to see Hill get the bulk of the carries with Gibson backing him up and Aeris used as a 3rd down back for his blocking and hands. As good of an all-around back as Aeris is, he has a firm ceiling as a ball-carrier in the SEC. I can think of three specific instances this year on which he got a big hole through the line and took it for 7-12 yards where Hill or Gibson would have gotten a lot more and maybe taken it to the house. I have to wonder how many yards we left on the field by giving Aeris the vast majority of the carries.

vCash
    I think now that the other backs have some experience, it will be a split backfield next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I'm not sure it'll be this extreme of a shift even with a new coach, but I'd almost like to see Hill get the bulk of the carries with Gibson backing him up and Aeris used as a 3rd down back for his blocking and hands. As good of an all-around back as Aeris is, he has a firm ceiling as a ball-carrier in the SEC. I can think of three specific instances this year on which he got a big hole through the line and took it for 7-12 yards where Hill or Gibson would have gotten a lot more and maybe taken it to the house. I have to wonder how many yards we left on the field by giving Aeris the vast majority of the carries.
    You talking about the same Gibson that started the Arky game with a fumble? No way.

vCash
    So you are saying that a 1000 yard rusher that averaged almost 5 yards per carry needs to be our #3 back??
    Wow.

Banned
    vCash
    I forget the game but wasn't that Hill that did a one armed stiff arm that pan caked an OL? was that against LA Tech?

vCash
    just gonna throw the Train under the Bus? Stick with A-train and good things will happen. Hill will get plenty of chances to do wonderful things. Glad you aren't a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    So you are saying that a 1000 yard rusher that averaged almost 5 yards per carry needs to be our #3 back??
    Wow.
    4.5 is a long way from 5 and it doesn't even put him in the top 100 nationally. Maybe it's extreme to say he should be relegated to #3, but I don't think it's crazy to say maybe a guy who could get 1200 or 1300 yards on the same number of carries should get the bulk of the touches.

Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    just gonna throw the Train under the Bus? Stick with A-train and good things will happen. Hill will get plenty of chances to do wonderful things. Glad you aren't a coach.
    I love Aeris as much as the next guy. He's got good vision and gets tough yards like we haven't seen in a few years, but he doesn't break or avoid many tackles in space, and he doesn't have the speed to make big gains when he does get some room. I think we'd benefit from a guy not as limited in those areas carrying the ball more. Those are just my likely flawed observations though. Yes, I'm also glad I'm not a coach, along with you and 99% of this board.

vCash
    I'm just as excited about Hill as the next guy, but Aeris is too consistently solid to give up on wholesale. About the only thing he lacks is that breakaway speed - he's above average in pretty much every other category.

This is a good problem to have, folks.

vCash
    Yeah Williams will be our main guy, but I’m very excited about Hill’s future