Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Fitzgerald is someone we can be proud of!

vCash

Nick Fitzgerald is someone we can be proud of!

I know this is from sds but worth the read. Check out this story but be warned it can get dusty in your room real quick.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...football-team/

Banned
    vCash
    such a quality post Commerce. dusty story indeed.

I hope like hell Nick can not only mend his body but his mind as well for his SR season.

thank you for this thread sir.

vCash
    You?re welcome. That stuff gets to me. It can be tough being a kid sometimes. Love seeing those that can have this kind of influence reaching out and stepping up to help. Proud of Nick and praying that young Keaton Jones can overcome this bullying

vCash
    Proud of Nick.

Schools need to do a better job of policing their students.

vCash
    I like ole Fitz now.

vCash
    Pisses me off that some kids are bullied in school. The one's doing the bullying s/b suspended or even expelled in extreme cases.

Banned
    vCash
    it's sad we can't come down harder on these asshole kids these days and put them in their 17ing place.

the thing about it is though, bullying has always been a part of life. I was always a little 17 growing up and had one major bully that 17'd with me and for a couple of weeks it was pretty 17ing bad. thankfully, I was well liked by quite a few others that had my back.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    What pisses me off is that the teachers know this shit is going on and apparently can't or don't care to keep this kid slightly protected from this crap.

Look everyone goes through this in their lives, but when it gets to this level, everyone is responsible for correcting this behavior.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Coach Cannizaro offered for that kid to come join the team for dinner before a game and sit next to him in the dugout.

Proud of the MSU family!!!!

vCash
    Yeah bullying sucks! I was bullied in school. I took boxing, worked out, & finally beat the shit out of the guy. I realize that's not the route for everyone, but something has got to be done. I think schools should start teaching self defense classes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Yeah bullying sucks! I was bullied in school. I took boxing, worked out, & finally beat the shit out of the guy. I realize that's not the route for everyone, but something has got to be done. I think schools should start teaching self defense classes.
    I like everyone else probaby had to deal with bullying. I didn't have to take up boxing or anything like that- but I did tell the teachers who did jack squat about it. And then as the last resort I- like you- kicked the bully's ass one day. I didn't get bullied anymore after that- but it sad that's what it came down to for it to stop. It's scary too- I'm lucky that neither I nor the bully were hurt severely because that could have negatively affected the course of both of our lives going forward as well as our families too. Schools need to think about things like that as well when they fail their students and their safety.

The thing that was upsetting in my case is the principal took up for the bully at first because his family had been going through a divorce and so his rationale was that I was in the wrong because I should have been more considerate of that. My parents were pretty furious at the principal and it took the assistant principal to smooth things over because otherwise my parents were sending me to Jackson Prep. And while I am sorry that the bully had to deal with that in his life, it did not give him the right to bully me or anyone else because of that. And basically the school was essentially teaching him that it's OK to try to tear other people down if you are having a hard time in your life- which it's not.

vCash
    Yeah, that's a very touching story and really good of Nick, Cannizzaro, and the Tennesse players to show such an interest. Hopefully he takes them up on it. What would really be neat if the Tennessee players followed up and visited him at his school.

Banned
    vCash
    what teachers don't have the balls / authority to do these days (and maybe in the past as well) is to call the bully's parents into to the office and lay down the law. fix your piece of shit kid or he's the 17 out.

Banned
    vCash
    None of the kids I bullied in school whined to college football players to protect them.
    Last edited by Mutt the Hoople; 12-10-2017 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Good lord thats hard to watch. Good for Fitz and the Tenn players for trying to help out.

vCash
    Thanks for posting CC, prayers for that young man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    None of the kids I bullied in school had to rely on college football players to protect them.
    Huh?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    None of the kids I bullied in school whined to college football players to protect them.
    and you were on such a roll of late. too bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    the thing about it is though, bullying has always been a part of life.
    It is unfortunate, 13. Sadly, I'd bet there are plenty of people, even fellow posters on ED, who dismiss the significance of bullying, not just among boys, but girls, too. You always hear comments like "kids will be kids", and/or, "it builds character", etc.....and I heard that shit years ago and it pissed me off, and it still gets me today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    and you were on such a roll of late. too bad.
    Yeah, too bad, indeed. He can **** off.