Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moorhead?s staff

vCash
    It should never be disappointing to us that we didn't pull Michigan's DC for the same job.

Is it disappointing we weren't able to get Saban as HC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It should never be disappointing to us that we didn't pull Michigan's DC for the same job.

LOL, so true smootness!

vCash
    I would rather have Coaches that Coach Mo feels good about than Coaches message board Heros feel good about. MOORHEAD knows who and what he wants, if He feels good about his Coaches then I will sit back and watch them before I declare the sky is falling.

vCash

Agreed, and I don't know any other specifics of guys we might have missed on. Maybe we didn't, but Moorhead hasn't hired any assistants yet that would demand a high pay level. I mean certainly nobody like Grantham did last year coming over from Louisville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in a couple maybe, but in wait and see mode. Trusting Moorhead for now. He should be able to win 8 next year regardless. I mean Mullen was constantly going through coordinators, position coaches etc.

Only 8 wins next year may be a little disappointing, but I always give a coach 3 years anyway when they first come in. I'm hoping the transition isn't too difficult for team and the team leadership will help out a lot too.

I think Moorhead will be much better recruiter than Dan. Figure Johnson will crush Hev at recruiting. I believe Hud is good at recruiting. Huff is supposed to be outstanding. Don't know how Shoop is. Then you're keeping all the off-the-field guys. I think recruiting will be ok ... probably can't be worse than it has been as a whole unless they're terrible.

ETA: I sorta believe Moorhead may have whiffed on a couple to 3 hires a good bit.
    8 wins next year with the team we have would be extremely disappointing and would make me worry about Moorhead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    8 wins next year with the team we have would be extremely disappointing and would make me worry about Moorhead
    I'd be a little disappointed, but also realize it takes a little time for a new coach (see Kirby). I also believe we'd have had 10 at best with Don, and probably only 9. He'd screw up 1 to 2 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'd be a little disappointed, but also realize it takes a little time for a new coach (see Kirby). I also believe we'd have had 10 at best with Don, and probably only 9. He'd screw up 1 to 2 games.
    Don would lose to Ole Miss, Auburn, BAMA and LSU next year if he was still at MSU...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Don would lose to Ole Miss, Auburn, BAMA and LSU next year if he was still at MSU...
    Bama no doubt. LSU most likely (he wouldn't catch Aranda off-guard again). AU that might have been a 60-40 deal. They returning a lot on D, but lose 4 starters on Oline and it's in Vegas. OM probably due to flirting with new job opps (glad he took one this year).

I have moderate expectations with Moorhead next year, but figure he can probably win 8 at a minimum. TAM may be tougher due to Jimbo.

vCash

Right on!

vCash
    Only hire Im truly worried about is the Lukabu guy from San Fran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Moorhead was an outside the box hire. There?s a big risk-reward factor. I?m not going to sit here and blow sunshine up your ass and I?m not going to get too caught up in the staff stuff. We whiffed on some of his top guys. Just have to see next season. Too late to worry about it now. But I don?t think this staff can possibly be a worse recruiting staff than what we had. All we really had was Mullen?s name as a QB coach and our local staff guys. I?m betting Mo Head will be way more willing to fire a lazy ass than Mullen too. I think we?ll be ok. I think TN will have an incredible recruiting staff though. That?s the only disappointment for me right now. I?m jealous of that staff. But I like our HC better.
    CJM alone will be a better recruiter than Mullen's regime. But it's not exactly easy to get coaches to come to Starkville because of the propaganda that's dished out, every year, about the place. Most folks these days prefer city life, and Starkville has a very rural feel to it. I like it fine myself, but for an outsider, it takes some getting used to, and others simply can't hack it.

Tennessee is going to continue to be a big recruiter. But if we can execute our offense like CJM says, we are going to win at least as much as Mullen did, regardless.

Banned
    vCash
    Outside influence will be a breath of fresh air. nothing wrong with that. new blood and shit.

I would put my asparagus up against anyone's. I broil mine. lime juice, tony's, garlic powder, & olive oil. after I roll it around in that, I sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.

2 minutes later, it's ready and you take it to the H.S. coach and ask if Pruitt knows what it is. The commit to us happens the next day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    CJM alone will be a better recruiter than Mullen's regime.
    This I feel confident in. One thing we know, rural location or not, we aren't having much trouble reeling in high end talent in basketball and baseball with coaches that actually like recruiting and are competent at it. I feel like we will now finally have that in football.

Banned
    vCash
    Ambrose is a really good coach and he recruits hard. HS Players love him.

vCash
    Hope we keep Niel Stopczynski too!