Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ole Miss Transfer Issue Is About to Get Ugly

Banned
    vCash
    shit birds be shitting.

vCash
    I don?t believe for a second if a Sr transfers at this time or another player and UM wins an appeal...said player will be ruled ineligible.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBlues View Post
    I don?t believe for a second if a Sr transfers at this time or another player and UM wins an appeal...said player will be ruled ineligible.
    Bjork said “it is my understanding”. In other words, he is just trying to scare them by using double speak.

vCash
    Everything they have done is to keep the mass exodus from happening. Signing Luke was to try and keep the players loyal, although he has no buyout. This appeal is just for show and to threaten the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Bjork said ?it is my understanding?. In other words, he is just trying to scare them by using double speak.
    Believe so as well, very much like...mostly Nutt, women?s basketball and track.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    ^^^This^^^ Bjork is trying to scare players into staying.

vCash
    Kinda weird seniors were mentioned... I have not heard a rumor on a senior yet. Mentioning this makes me think there could be some seniors thinking of bolting

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yeah by the om guys.. same shit different year. If they visit, say OM is in their top 12, say anything positive , all OM hommer shitbirds think they will commit or have a great shot at them.
    Here is how ridiculous they are.
    David Johnson actually has a ?flip watch? article and has Whop listed .. Yes that Whop. As a possible flip from Kansas to them . Yet we are the delusional ones.
    I?m sure the OM Twitter warriors are out in full force tonight blowing Whops Twitter up.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ^^^This^^^ Bjork is trying to scare players into staying.
    Who would be dumb enough to actually believe that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Kinda weird seniors were mentioned... I have not heard a rumor on a senior yet. Mentioning this makes me think there could be some seniors thinking of bolting
    Ta'Amuu?

This whole ordeal is very typical of Ole Miss. They knew that they were going to be on potentially crippling sanctions and they specifically wanted the 2016 class to help them get through it.

Now that the sentence has been handed down they are desperately trying to hold on to the players that they lied to by lying some more so that they can maybe go to the Liberty Bowl in 2019. Oddly enough I have a feeling that if they were honest with these recruits to start with they would have been much better off. It's almost like the NCAA in a roundhouse way made Ole Miss flip the switch on their own electric chair execution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ta'Amuu?

This whole ordeal is very typical of Ole Miss. They knew that they were going to be on potentially crippling sanctions and they specifically wanted the 2016 class to help them get through it.

Now that the sentence has been handed down they are desperately trying to hold on to the players that they lied to by lying some more so that they can maybe go to the Liberty Bowl in 2019. Oddly enough I have a feeling that if they were honest with these recruits to start with they would have been much better off. It's almost like the NCAA in a roundhouse way made Ole Miss flip the switch on their own electric chair execution.
    I have seen his name mentioned on message boards, but nothing reported by om guys or media.

Banned
    vCash
    LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HARRIET TUBMAN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HARRIET TUBMAN!!!
    That's actually the exact same mentality they still maintain.

vCash
    I have seen his name mentioned on message boards, but nothing reported by om guys or media.
    Shea Shea gone and he's the starter. Why jump ship when you can keep a nice paycheck and other benefits (well, no hookers now)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ta'Amuu?

Todd, that team ain't doing anything in 2019. They have no talent in the FR & SO classes. I think we are looking at 2021 until they are a bowl caliber team again unless they pull off a JUCO miracle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Todd, that team ain't doing anything in 2019. They have no talent in the FR & SO classes. I think we are looking at 2021 until they are a bowl caliber team again unless they pull off a JUCO miracle
    2019 Mississippi class is loaded. If they went in 2013 and 2016 style, they could potentially make a bowl in 2020.

vCash
    2019 Mississippi class is loaded. If they went in 2013 and 2016 style, they could potentially make a bowl in 2020.
    Maybe. I just don't think they are going to be able to cheat like did before.

There have been too many boosters put on notice, too much attention drawn, &, if they are caught again, the penalties will be far more severe.

I think they have a real uphill battle with 2021 being the earliest they could be solid again barring a miracle

vCash

There have been too many boosters put on notice, too much attention drawn, &, if they are caught again, the penalties will be far more severe.

I think they have a real uphill battle with 2021 being the earliest they could be solid again barring a miracle
    I agree. If we have a 10 win type of season next year though, they may lose it and go all in, again

vCash
    I agree. If we have a 10 win type of season next year though, they may lose it and go all in, again
    I'm sure they will want to. I just suspect the infrastructure of their cheating machine has a few faulty parts right now & that doesn't even touch the fact that they have lost all benefit of the doubt as a program.

OM is resilient in football & will get back to being a solid program at some point, but I think they'll have to do it slowly. If they all of the sudden start getting tons of 4 & 5* recruits on campus for visits, then the alarms will be heard in Indianapolis.

I just don't think they would be able to get away with what they did in 2013-2016 again, & also keep in mind that prospects can only take 1 unofficial visit. That further complicates it for them.

vCash

I don't think that the very minor "punishments" from the ncaa will impact them in the least. There was no real punishment other than dragging their name through the mud (affected '17 and '18 classes), there is no real impact upon schollies or anything else that is substantial. I remember that we laughed when they self imposed schollie limits and thought that the matrix would require 2-3X that many schollie reductions. Well they pretty much got what they self imposed which is really non-sense. They will have a top 10 class in '19 and the floodgates are open for the program to resume with just another finger wagging from the ncaa the only concern. THe ncaa is a bad joke.