Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Howland sez...

vCash

Coach Howland sez...

We need to pack the Hump tomorrow! Yeah, it's a crappy opponent that should end up a track meet for the Dawgs, but we need to send this team off for their first road game on Tuesday which is against by far the toughest opponent they have faced this year on a high note.

Let's roll!

Banned
    vCash
    what's the word / scoop on our next two opponents?

when's our 1st SEC home game?

I know, I'm lazy.

I just think the fans are waiting to be convinced we've got some chance to compete for a post season spot and finish .500 in the SEC. Howland has to realize how bad we've been beat up as fans and we are in Missouri mode at this point. once we are "shown" we are going to be competitive, the Hump will be packed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post

I know, I'm lazy.

I just think the fans are waiting to be convinced we've got some chance to compete for a post season spot and finish .500 in the SEC. Howland has to realize how bad we've been beat up as fans and we are in Missouri mode at this point. once we are "shown" we are going to be competitive, the Hump will be packed.
    Yes, you're lazy...***

Read any book on success and/or sports psychology and this mindset is the epitome of failure. Have you ever heard a coach of a successful program in any sport that didn't recognize the value of a strong, supportive fan base?

For the record, Howland has been encouraging Dawgs to support the team since He's been here...I was just trying to create a little excitement for the program.

BTW, why would you bother to post in this thread if you don't know the answer to your first two questions?

vCash

I know, I'm lazy.

This is what bugs me. We have an elite coach who is starting to recruit at an elite level. So we are going to show apathy in the product? If Howland leaves and/or our recruiting tanks, we will have nobody to blame but ourselves.

We have all been disappointed with the product on the court for a long time now. And trust me, I'm far from a sunshine pumper. But it's time we got behind this team and started packing the hump. Howland has been working his tail off on the recruiting trail, and we ought to be supporting the team for that, at least. Our lack of support is embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Yes, you're lazy...***

Read any book on success and/or sports psychology and this mindset is the epitome of failure. Have you ever heard a coach of a successful program in any sport that didn't recognize the value of a strong, supportive fan base?

For the record, Howland has been encouraging Dawgs to support the team since He's been here...I was just trying to create a little excitement for the program.

BTW, why would you bother to post in this thread if you don't know the answer to your first two questions?
    You're right, and I'll be there.

Bully13, like many others, just try to rationalize why its okay to be a shitty fan. You can come up with as many excuses as you want, but you either support the team or you don't.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep. Either you make the team a priority or you don't. Who wouldn't want to go watch a game that is free and spend the day in Starkville living it up. Come on guys. We need the Hump atmosphere to be top knotch from here on out. I will literally go to every home game and act like a crazy man for the rest of the season, especially if I could get seats close to the court. Cohen make this happen and I will not let you down. Either way, I will be at every home game from here on out, but I will be more disruptive if I could get seats closer to the court, Cohen? You there?
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    I hope the Hump is packed. that better? I'm just saying that we've had a shit product and Howland has yet to get us to post season. the fans have been in burnt out mode for a while and that is justified. crootin' classes don't mean shit if you don't get to post season. packed houses don't happen overnight after the fans have been through what they've been through with MSU hoops.

I'm hoping that is getting ready to change and good times are ahead.

vCash

I know, I'm lazy.

I don't think the Hump has ever been packed for out of conference games in December, primarily because those games are against minor opponents. If UNC or Duke was coming in, it'd be packed. Like it or not, the quality of the opponent has a lot to do with attendance, even if we're pretty sure we're going to lose (like to UNC or Duke). It's that way in all sports. Do you think for the girls game it would be packed if UConn was coming to town?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yep. Either you make the team a priority or you don't. Who wouldn't want to go watch a game that is free and spend the day in Starkville living it up. Come on guys. We need the Hump atmosphere to be top knotch from here on out. I will literally go to every home game and act like a crazy man for the rest of the season, especially if I could get seats close to the court. Cohen make this happen and I will not let you down. Either way, I will be at every home game from here on out, but I will be more disruptive if I could get seats closer to the court, Cohen? You there?
    No comment .... **

Banned
    vCash
    Maroon tarp the entire upper half of the basketball arena till it's proven we can fill the lower half again.

vCash
    Really hope attendance is great, but it is an exhibition game vs div 2 or whatever.

vCash
    Did we determine if this game against North Georgia is an exhibition or does it count on the won-loss ledger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Did we determine if this game against North Georgia is an exhibition or does it count on the won-loss ledger?
    It counts.

vCash
    Go back to Babe MCCarthy Gym, it can pack about 5 thousand and you are right on the court

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't think the Hump has ever been packed for out of conference games in December, primarily because those games are against minor opponents. If UNC or Duke was coming in, it'd be packed. Like it or not, the quality of the opponent has a lot to do with attendance, even if we're pretty sure we're going to lose (like to UNC or Duke). It's that way in all sports. Do you think for the girls game it would be packed if UConn was coming to town?
    I wouldn't think we were going to lose against those acc pussies........not bad anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Maroon tarp the entire upper half of the basketball arena till it's proven we can fill the lower half again.
    I remember Auburn did that, it was for either a new arena or a new coach.

We beat Cincinnati and the crowds will start getting back to Williams/Stansbury size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Go back to Babe MCCarthy Gym, it can pack about 5 thousand and you are right on the court
    I didn't go to very many games when I was in school, but that place had a great atmosphere. Pretty sure students got in free (part of the "activities fee" back then) as well as all other sports, including football if we had a rare home game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    I remember Auburn did that, it was for either a new arena or a new coach.

We beat Cincinnati and the crowds will start getting back to Williams/Stansbury size.

That game should be quite exciting. Too bad it's "away". We're getting some national exposure on ESPN2 so I hope we do well.

vCash
    Beat Cincinnati and we goin dancin

vCash

I will comment for you.....a lot of us have spent more money (and time) supporting

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    No comment .... **
    MSU than most of the dumb 17s on this board will spend in there lifetime. I have followed this team on the road and at home for 45 years and all these gung-ho fans and their condemnation can kiss my maroon and white a$$.