Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Brady - WR Coach?

vCash

Joe Brady - WR Coach?

Just heard this name as possible WR coach. Don?t know anything about him other than he?s currently with the Saints

vCash
    If so, it will be a while before he joins us. Guess we could keep Peterson or Austin on the road though

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He was a GA at Penn St when JoeMo was there. He's a young guy.

vCash
    Hmmm....seems like we could do better

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Seems like you could stop bitching about everything Moorhead does too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Seems like you could stop bitching about everything Moorhead does too.
    Sorry I’m not excited about an nfl assistant. I like the Hud and Shoop hire

vCash
    idk why an NFL assistant is inherently bad, it means he's good enough to get a job over the other 100 applications for every NFL job. I'd prefer a dude with experience recruiting and a proven on the field ability to coach receivers, but it's not a tough unit to coach so that's no big deal. If Moorhead thinks he can 'croot and coach, he probably can given he has a job in the league and Joe worked with him before

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    There's another connection. The DC at William and Mary during two of Brady's seasons there as a player? Bob Shoop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post

I trust Coach JoeMo's decision making ability over a "Hmmm....seems like we could do better."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    idk why an NFL assistant is inherently bad, it means he's good enough to get a job over the other 100 applications for every NFL job. I'd prefer a dude with experience recruiting and a proven on the field ability to coach receivers, but it's not a tough unit to coach so that's no big deal. If Moorhead thinks he can 'croot and coach, he probably can given he has a job in the league and Joe worked with him before
    He can walk in and say " I have watched your film. I have coached in the NFL and I think you have enough talent to make it and I know how to get you there."

vCash
    Joe must know something... ;-)

vCash
    What NFL team is with?

ETA: Saints

vCash
    He is adding a good mix with this staff. Some local guys mixed with elite recruiters with architects of his scheme, sharp ball coaches at least one rah rah guy, prior head coaches, and it looks like a possible young up and comer with a little NFL experience and if the name floating around to finish off the staff a NFL guy who is also an elite recruiter and Broyles award winner (small rumor)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He is adding a good mix with this staff. Some local guys mixed with elite recruiters with architects of his scheme, sharp ball coaches at least one rah rah guy, prior head coaches, and it looks like a possible young up and comer with a little NFL experience and if the name floating around to finish off the staff a NFL guy who is also an elite recruiter and Broyles award winner (small rumor)
    Say it...

vCash
    In the NFL, running crisp, true routes is paramount for success.... Just look at Treadwell, who still can’t see the field in Minnesota even though he was an elite college WR.

Maybe Moorhead wants a guy who can teach/coach the route tree and that will be his primary recruiting pitch. Come play for me, I’ll teach you the finer skills of being a WR just like I taught all of the Saints WRs.

vCash
    I'm calling bullshit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broyles_Award

It's no one on that list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I'm calling bullshit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broyles_Award

It's no one on that list.
    Yep my bad was thinking he won. He was a finalist not winner in this decade

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Damn you and your riddle. Only NFL/recruiter/Broyles guy I can come up with is Sal Sunseri, who's in his third year as LB coach with the Raiders. Surely you're not hearing that he's in play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Damn you and your riddle. Only NFL/recruiter/Broyles guy I can come up with is Sal Sunseri, who's in his third year as LB coach with the Raiders. Surely you're not hearing that he's in play?
    No idea if he is possible, but every raider coach should have a back up plan in case they miss the playoffs

Banned
    vCash
    What year was he a finalist