Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dj looney

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Can we save all staff retention questions until after signing day? Hmmmmm?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Might not mean anything but he's listed on the MSU sports website as still being on the staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Might not mean anything but he's listed on the MSU sports website as still being on the staff.
    He was also on the road recruiting today so the rumor he has been pulled is completely false.

vCash
    It’s possible he’s not out recruiting because he’s needed for bowl prep considering the number of coaches on the offensive side that we are missing.

I don’t have any inside knowledge, but now that we have a HC and two new staff members that aren’t coaching in the bowl game, I would think Looney would be much more valuable prepping this team to beat Louisville than on the recruiting trail.

vCash
    With this double secret staff deal, who knows what’s happening. I was told neither he nor Buckley will be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    With this double secret staff deal, who knows what’s happening. I was told neither he nor Buckley will be back.
    Maybe dj works hard enough and proves he deserves a job. Again I'm good w that. But he wasn't promised one. And the fact it got out was dj's fault, he told it, and word gets around. He just needs to work hard and see where the chips fall after all that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm starting to think nobody knows who will be retained and who won't be so I'm not going to worry about it for right now.

vCash
    DJ interview may not have gone so well. It's all going to be OK

Banned
    vCash
    Looney is young as hell it's not like he's gonna die if Joe doesn't retain him. Let that big bird fly elsewhere for a bit and make some connections in other parts of the woods and when/if he comes back to MSU some day he will be a better coach for it. You guys don't get to pick JoMo's assistants. Not even Cohen gets to do that and he hired the guy.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    All I know is Patrick Austin ain't going nowhere. That dude is one of the best recruiters I've ever seen. Recruits LOVE him. He needs to be in a position where he can go on the road after all the staff is in place.
    Romans 5:8