Thread: Shoop will have some very nice pieces

vCash

Shoop will have some very nice pieces

Dline will be stacked. I expect a bounce back year from Leo, and a step forward for gay and Thompson. The secondary is my concern... really hope shoop can live up to his reputation with safeties bc we have some talent there. Find some CBs!

vCash
    Dantlzer and Peters is a good CB duo. After them Tyler Williams is gonna be a solid player and Smitherman is decent. Cant be as bad as Cleveland and Durr. Still got Rayford and we will see what we have in the young cats Landon Guidry Korey Charles and it wouldnt surprise me if Landrews played some corner. If we get Harris from Landry Walker he will help too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Cant be as bad as Cleveland and Durr.
    We may not miss Cleveland outside of his leadership, but we will absolutely miss Durr. The numbers say that he was quietly our best cover guy the past two years. I'm not sure how he's gotten such a bad rap, other than people not understanding that everyone is going to get beat sometimes, and that it's not a bad thing not to have your name called very often at CB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    We may not miss Cleveland outside of his leadership, but we will absolutely miss Durr. The numbers say that he was quietly our best cover guy the past two years. I'm not sure how he's gotten such a bad rap, other than people not understanding that everyone is going to get beat sometimes, and that it's not a bad thing not to have your name called very often at CB.
    I will say this he didnt get picked on like Cleveland did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I will say this he didnt get picked on like Cleveland did
    He probably didn't get picked on as often as Cleveland, but his play on Metcalf against Ole Miss was terrible. Cleveland was lucky he didn't get beat again when Ole Miss was on their own goal line and their W/R had beaten him. Their QB just overthrew him; otherwise he would have had a 99 yard TD. I'm hopeful that Shoop will be an improvement for our defense. I wasn't as impressed with Grantham as a lot of our fans were.