Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New OL Coach

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    I think it's our "media" that's whiffing....Joe and his 2 or 3 confidants are the only ones that know what's going on and they're not talking...it's leaving our website guys/media grasping for straws. I think, other than a scrap here and there, all we're really hearing is speculation.
    THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well there?s your answer to another nothing burger rumor. Sounds like we prob didn?t even offer him.
    Everyone needs to just chill the **** out about the coaching staff.
    Our recruits aren?t in panic mode.
    Our players aren?t rumbling.
    Plus It keeps Pa, Pete, and Rod on the roads recruiting. ( who are killing it btw)

Everyone just chill the **** out about the coaching searches.
    Hell the only position right now That?s going to be huge fill is DC
    We had Hev and Gonzo as coaches for ****s sake. Whoever we hire there will be upgrades.
    This x infinity. Let Coach JoMo do his thing.

Rep Given

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well there?s your answer to another nothing burger rumor. Sounds like we prob didn?t even offer him.
    Everyone needs to just chill the **** out about the coaching staff.
    Our recruits aren?t in panic mode.
    Our players aren?t rumbling.
    Plus It keeps Pa, Pete, and Rod on the roads recruiting. ( who are killing it btw)

Everyone just chill the **** out about the coaching searches.
    Hell the only position right now That?s going to be huge fill is DC
    We had Hev and Gonzo as coaches for ****s sake. Whoever we hire there will be upgrades.
    Great post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think it's our "media" that's whiffing....Joe and his 2 or 3 confidants are the only ones that know what's going on and they're not talking...it's leaving our website guys/media grasping for straws. I think, other than a scrap here and there, all we're really hearing is speculation.
    this x1000

vCash
    ^^^^its this. Our guys are reaching like crazy for info just to shut us up, but most of it is a real reach because Moorhead?s Keeping it tight, as well he should!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ugh oh. May mean we whiffed
    Or maybe Steve is full of shit with some of these names he's throwing out there.

vCash
    Didn’t Steve also throw out Grimes’ name too. Is there anything on him being a candidate?
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Why not just put DJ Looney in the spot if we are getting Marcus Johnson? He has only 2 years as an on the field coach which isn't really any different than DJ. It isn't like DJ has nothing to do with the Oline now. I would think being the TEs coach that he interacts with the current Oline.
    I have no desire to let dj lose his virginity w an sec offensive line on us. It's too important of a job. SOrry. Not for me. Don't dislike him. And te ok. But not OL

vCash
    I agree with this post for sure. Paul has done a good job though. He doesn?t try to be first, he tries to be ?correct? first though. He did say Pruitt for head coach was a smokescreen when everyone else was sucking off Pruitt in the media.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Didn’t Steve also throw out Grimes’ name too. Is there anything on him being a candidate?
    No. Rosebowl saw that he is coaching at UConn where Randy Edsall is and Edsall used to coach with Moorhead.

vCash
    I love the way Coach Moorhead is handling this. Keeping it quiet going about his business finding the right people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I have no desire to let dj lose his virginity w an sec offensive line on us. It's too important of a job. SOrry. Not for me. Don't dislike him. And te ok. But not OL
    I was just comparing him to Johnson. Johnson only has 2 years experience coaching the Oline at Duke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Or maybe Steve is full of shit with some of these names he's throwing out there.
    I said on here the other day, Steve doesn't have great sources in the FB program because Mullen was so good at stopping leaks.

Moorhead hasn't been here long enough to trust anybody to leak to, if he wanted to.

Again, that's why Chuck and Yancy can tell the sanctions 2 minutes after OM received them. They are de facto members of the OM Ath. Dept.

It's why Yancy has scooped Steve so many times on recruits. Steve sources were recruits who tell him what they think he wants to hear. The coaches at OM tell the Fan Boys.

Steve did have good sources on the investigation. How and who, I'd love to know.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I was just comparing him to Johnson. Johnson only has 2 years experience coaching the Oline at Duke.
    That's fair. And an ole miss guy to boot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's fair. And an ole miss guy to boot
    Does that really make any difference? He had to go to school somewhere. Wasn't Joe Lee Dunn at OM before he came to us? And he did a pretty good job.

vCash
    The thing about it is this:

1. You don't HAVE to be from Mississippi to recruit Mississippi well. It's about selling and effort- and that's why Dan wasn't good at it. Not because he was from Pennsylvania or wherever he was from.

2. Just because someone coacehed with Moorhead in the past it doesn't mean that they are candidates to come to MSU.

3. Who cares if a coach went to Ole Miss? If Eli Manning was the best OC and QB coach in the game and Moorhead wanted to hire him and Eli wanted to come to MSU, I'd be all for it. It's a job for these guys. Not a hobby like it is for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing about it is this:

1. You don't HAVE to be from Mississippi to recruit Mississippi well. It's about selling and effort- and that's why Dan wasn't good at it. Not because he was from Pennsylvania or wherever he was from.

2. Just because someone coacehed with Moorhead in the past it doesn't mean that they are candidates to come to MSU.

3. Who cares if a coach went to Ole Miss? If Eli Manning was the best OC and QB coach in the game and Moorhead wanted to hire him and Eli wanted to come to MSU, I'd be all for it. It's a job for these guys. Not a hobby like it is for us.
    Unless you are Matt Luke
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Still better than Hev.***
    A bag of dicks or herpes would be better than Hev.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    A bag of dicks or herpes would be better than Hev.
    I can get behind this

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Marcus played for me and would be a good hire. He is doing a great job at Duke. But I just texted him and he said he wasnt interested
    That joker lied to u strait up coach.
    Romans 5:8