Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: New OL Coach

  1. #21
    That Damn Yankee Coach in Florida
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,226
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    I think it's our "media" that's whiffing....Joe and his 2 or 3 confidants are the only ones that know what's going on and they're not talking...it's leaving our website guys/media grasping for straws. I think, other than a scrap here and there, all we're really hearing is speculation.
    THIS

  2. #22
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6,523
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well there?s your answer to another nothing burger rumor. Sounds like we prob didn?t even offer him.
    Everyone needs to just chill the **** out about the coaching staff.
    Our recruits aren?t in panic mode.
    Our players aren?t rumbling.
    Plus It keeps Pa, Pete, and Rod on the roads recruiting. ( who are killing it btw)

    Everyone just chill the **** out about the coaching searches.
    Hell the only position right now That?s going to be huge fill is DC
    We had Hev and Gonzo as coaches for ****s sake. Whoever we hire there will be upgrades.
    This x infinity. Let Coach JoMo do his thing.

    Rep Given

  3. #23
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,352
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well there?s your answer to another nothing burger rumor. Sounds like we prob didn?t even offer him.
    Everyone needs to just chill the **** out about the coaching staff.
    Our recruits aren?t in panic mode.
    Our players aren?t rumbling.
    Plus It keeps Pa, Pete, and Rod on the roads recruiting. ( who are killing it btw)

    Everyone just chill the **** out about the coaching searches.
    Hell the only position right now That?s going to be huge fill is DC
    We had Hev and Gonzo as coaches for ****s sake. Whoever we hire there will be upgrades.
    Great post

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    270
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think it's our "media" that's whiffing....Joe and his 2 or 3 confidants are the only ones that know what's going on and they're not talking...it's leaving our website guys/media grasping for straws. I think, other than a scrap here and there, all we're really hearing is speculation.
    this x1000

  5. #25
    Senior Member Tripp McNeely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germantown, TN
    Posts
    852
    vCash
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    I think it's our "media" that's whiffing....Joe and his 2 or 3 confidants are the only ones that know what's going on and they're not talking...it's leaving our website guys/media grasping for straws. I think, other than a scrap here and there, all we're really hearing is speculation.
    ^^^^its this. Our guys are reaching like crazy for info just to shut us up, but most of it is a real reach because Moorhead?s Keeping it tight, as well he should!

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ugh oh. May mean we whiffed
    Or maybe Steve is full of shit with some of these names he's throwing out there.

  7. #27
    Senior Member JoseBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,426
    vCash
    740
    Didn’t Steve also throw out Grimes’ name too. Is there anything on him being a candidate?
    "**** yeah you cocksucking ascot wearing Klansmen. Thank you" - C34 on UNM beating aTm to allow MState Baseball to win outright 2016 SEC Baseball Championship!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,240
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Why not just put DJ Looney in the spot if we are getting Marcus Johnson? He has only 2 years as an on the field coach which isn't really any different than DJ. It isn't like DJ has nothing to do with the Oline now. I would think being the TEs coach that he interacts with the current Oline.
    I have no desire to let dj lose his virginity w an sec offensive line on us. It's too important of a job. SOrry. Not for me. Don't dislike him. And te ok. But not OL

  9. #29
    Senior Member JoseBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,426
    vCash
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    I think it's our "media" that's whiffing....Joe and his 2 or 3 confidants are the only ones that know what's going on and they're not talking...it's leaving our website guys/media grasping for straws. I think, other than a scrap here and there, all we're really hearing is speculation.
    I agree with this post for sure. Paul has done a good job though. He doesn?t try to be first, he tries to be ?correct? first though. He did say Pruitt for head coach was a smokescreen when everyone else was sucking off Pruitt in the media.
    "**** yeah you cocksucking ascot wearing Klansmen. Thank you" - C34 on UNM beating aTm to allow MState Baseball to win outright 2016 SEC Baseball Championship!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,765
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Didn’t Steve also throw out Grimes’ name too. Is there anything on him being a candidate?
    No. Rosebowl saw that he is coaching at UConn where Randy Edsall is and Edsall used to coach with Moorhead.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6,523
    vCash
    500
    I love the way Coach Moorhead is handling this. Keeping it quiet going about his business finding the right people.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Tbonewannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,954
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I have no desire to let dj lose his virginity w an sec offensive line on us. It's too important of a job. SOrry. Not for me. Don't dislike him. And te ok. But not OL
    I was just comparing him to Johnson. Johnson only has 2 years experience coaching the Oline at Duke.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Spiderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,087
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Or maybe Steve is full of shit with some of these names he's throwing out there.
    I said on here the other day, Steve doesn't have great sources in the FB program because Mullen was so good at stopping leaks.

    Moorhead hasn't been here long enough to trust anybody to leak to, if he wanted to.

    Again, that's why Chuck and Yancy can tell the sanctions 2 minutes after OM received them. They are de facto members of the OM Ath. Dept.

    It's why Yancy has scooped Steve so many times on recruits. Steve sources were recruits who tell him what they think he wants to hear. The coaches at OM tell the Fan Boys.

    Steve did have good sources on the investigation. How and who, I'd love to know.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

    When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,240
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I was just comparing him to Johnson. Johnson only has 2 years experience coaching the Oline at Duke.
    That's fair. And an ole miss guy to boot

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    4,846
    vCash
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's fair. And an ole miss guy to boot
    Does that really make any difference? He had to go to school somewhere. Wasn't Joe Lee Dunn at OM before he came to us? And he did a pretty good job.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,765
    vCash
    1100
    The thing about it is this:

    1. You don't HAVE to be from Mississippi to recruit Mississippi well. It's about selling and effort- and that's why Dan wasn't good at it. Not because he was from Pennsylvania or wherever he was from.

    2. Just because someone coacehed with Moorhead in the past it doesn't mean that they are candidates to come to MSU.

    3. Who cares if a coach went to Ole Miss? If Eli Manning was the best OC and QB coach in the game and Moorhead wanted to hire him and Eli wanted to come to MSU, I'd be all for it. It's a job for these guys. Not a hobby like it is for us.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Spiderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,087
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing about it is this:

    1. You don't HAVE to be from Mississippi to recruit Mississippi well. It's about selling and effort- and that's why Dan wasn't good at it. Not because he was from Pennsylvania or wherever he was from.

    2. Just because someone coacehed with Moorhead in the past it doesn't mean that they are candidates to come to MSU.

    3. Who cares if a coach went to Ole Miss? If Eli Manning was the best OC and QB coach in the game and Moorhead wanted to hire him and Eli wanted to come to MSU, I'd be all for it. It's a job for these guys. Not a hobby like it is for us.
    Unless you are Matt Luke
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

    When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

  18. #38
    Founder of Summer's Eve
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1181
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Still better than Hev.***
    A bag of dicks or herpes would be better than Hev.

  19. #39
    Denver Airport Director
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,582
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    A bag of dicks or herpes would be better than Hev.
    I can get behind this

  20. #40
    Our own Rosebowl preachermatt83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,877
    vCash
    11048
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Marcus played for me and would be a good hire. He is doing a great job at Duke. But I just texted him and he said he wasnt interested
    That joker lied to u strait up coach.
    55-20!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.