Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bowl ticket advice from people who know more than I do

vCash

bowl ticket advice from people who know more than I do

I'm going to Jacksonville to the bowl. I'm taking the whole family. First one I've been able to attend since the Liberty Bowl during the Croom error.

What are my best ticket options (stubhub, ticketmaster, etc.)? Will people definitely segregate by sides (Louisville on one and MSU on the other), or do they tend to mix? I prefer obviously to be with fellow MSU fans. Any advice is appreciated.

vCash
    Stubhub is my go to. They have the sidelines labelled so you know which side is which, and yes the fans tend to sit on their team sideline - although it can be more mixed at bowls.

I got my tickets last night for $17 each on stubhub. There aren't a lot available that cheap - and I was buying 8, plus i wanted real tickets and not electronic (to add that stub to my collection!). That limited my choices some. One thing I noticed - the Louisville side has a considerably more tickets for sale and appear to be cheaper.

vCash
    Wait until closer to game day and get super cheap tickets off stub hub

vCash
    SeatGeek is the way to go.I always use them and they have wayyy cheaper fees than Stubhub. Also, wait until closer to game time and you will find them for pennies on the dollar.
    Last edited by stalkingpoon; 12-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.

vCash
    I would also suggest staying away from the clublevel. We sat club in 2012 and it sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    SeatGeek is the way to go.I always use them and they have wayyy cheaper fees than Stubhub. Also, wait until closer to game time and you will find them for pennies on the dollar.
    StubHub is the best if you want to try to get good seats. Bulldog club will guarantee you a seat amongst other state fans and will also help us with our ticket allotment, but be prepared for crappy seats.
    There's thread on reddit about seatgeek ripping folks off by selling seats they don't even have and making it difficult to get refunds... not sure how widespread this is, but I'd be careful there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    StubHub is the best if you want to try to get good seats. Bulldog club will guarantee you a seat amongst other state fans and will also help us with our ticket allotment, but be prepared for crappy seats.
    There's thread on reddit about seatgeek ripping folks off by selling seats they don't even have and making it difficult to get refunds... not sure how widespread this is, but I'd be careful there.
    I've used them for about 2 years now and have never had any trouble whatsoever out of them. I've used them for everything from Grizzly tickets, Cardinal Tickets, Mississippi State tickets and more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Supposedly, the Bulldog Club allotment is in sections 103-115 - which would mean that the Gator Bowl shifted their allotment locations from the higher deck endzone seats we used to get. As much as I want to support the BDC, tickets start at $75 a pop. At $17 a ticket, I got 8 for the price of 2 1/2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Stubhub is my go to. They have the sidelines labelled so you know which side is which, and yes the fans tend to sit on their team sideline - although it can be more mixed at bowls.

I got my tickets last night for $17 each on stubhub. There aren't a lot available that cheap - and I was buying 8, plus i wanted real tickets and not electronic (to add that stub to my collection!). That limited my choices some. One thing I noticed - the Louisville side has a considerably more tickets for sale and appear to be cheaper.
    Same here and you don?t have to worry about getting ripped off. I?ve used them for all kinds of tickets.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You get 20 bucks off your first purchase on seatgeek with the promo code “bulldog”. If you wait until about a week before the game starts to buy your tickets off of seatgeek, that promo code will just about cover your entire purchase.

vCash
    I've used VividSeats a few times for MSU, Arkansas, and LSU tickets with no issues.
    But like SeatGeek, there is a small possibility of getting screwed.
    (Since they are a third party re-seller they don't actually have the tickets in their possession, and have to go get those tickets from StubHub, TicketMaster, etc.)

I agree, Always safer to go with StubHub.
    But you will be paying more.

vCash
    If you want to do the "right" thing, then order them from MSU.

If you want the best seat at the lowest price, wait until closer to kickoff and check stubhub, seatgeek, etc.

vCash
    I would also suggest staying away from the clublevel. We sat club in 2012 and it sucked.
    Can you elaborate?

vCash
    NM

vCash
    Purchased our 4 from StubHub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsteph1 View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    Well when I think of club level, I think of certain amenities such as complementary food and drink. Their club level was just like separate concession stands and stuff for people who had the club passes. You still paid for everything and the seats weren't that great.

vCash
    Well when I think of club level, I think of certain amenities such as complementary food and drink. Their club level was just like separate concession stands and stuff for people who had the club passes. You still paid for everything and the seats weren't that great.
    That seems to be the norm at things like Bowl Games, concerts, etc. that aren't the primary tenant of the arena/stadium. Those boxes provide access to seats for those events, but they save the perks for the Jaguars, Saints, etc. I've gotten club level for non-NFL events at the Superdome, the Georgia Dome, and a Peach Bowl at old Atl-Ful. Co - and it was the same thing - over priced concession stands.

vCash
    It was the same way at the Music City Bowl a few years ago. In fact, the club level seats were well into the end zone, and there were no amentities at all. Basically, you just paid more for a lousy seat.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWhoWas View Post
    I've used VividSeats a few times for MSU, Arkansas, and LSU tickets with no issues.
    But like SeatGeek, there is a small possibility of getting screwed.
    (Since they are a third party re-seller they don't actually have the tickets in their possession, and have to go get those tickets from StubHub, TicketMaster, etc.)

I agree, Always safer to go with StubHub.
    But you will be paying more.
    Your seats are guaranteed with seatgeek.

vCash
    Kinda what I figured you would say. Just thought I'd ask.