Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Running A Prison Up There?

vCash

Ole Miss Running A Prison Up There?

This is fascinating. I get what Yancy is trying to say, but Ole Miss has themselves in a big ole predicament.

Not that they can determine if the kids trying to transfer will be eligible next year, but, if they don't leave, they'll be stuck with quite a few players that don't want to be there.

I've never seen anything like this where a football program is relying & hoping for technicalities in order to keep their own players.

Feels like Ole Miss players are standing in front of the parole board hoping for a good decision, but, if they don't get it, they have to return to prison.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-06-2017 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    If the guys want to transfer they are going to no matter they get the waiver or not. It will be pretty awkward if they stay. I think Mars knows what he is doing.

vCash
    Translation.... $$$ will stop if you think about going somewhere else.

vCash
    What I've recently learned is that it's nowhere near as bad as it may seem, for those guys up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If the guys want to transfer they are going to no matter they get the waiver or not. It will be pretty awkward if they stay. I think Mars knows what he is doing.
    They are scared to death of Mars.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is fascinating. I get what Yancy is trying to say, but Ole Miss has themselves in a big ole predicament.

Not that they can determine if the kids trying to transfer will be eligible next year, but, if they don't leave, they'll be stuck with quite a few players that don't want to be there.

I've never seen anything like this where a football program is relying & hoping for technicalities in order to keep their own players.

Feels like Ole Miss players are standing in front of the parole board hoping for a good decision, but, if they don't get it, they have to return to prison.

is the little m getting ready to sue the big M?

Banned
    vCash
    the MI flight into oxfart had really got some confeds pissed as hell. this shit is hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Yancy said that 2015 signee Van Jefferson couldn't have been lied to by OM because the stories put out by Freeze only pertained to the 2016 signing class.

When OM finally admitted to being investigated in October 2014, they gave the same false story:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...l1gtnzuq3lusva

Bill Bender @BillBender92
    Published on Oct. 2, 2014

Talk about bad timing.

Ole Miss is under NCAA investigation for rules violations in multiple sports, including football, according to Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde. The news comes just two days before GameDay will be on campus before No. 11 Ole Miss’ game against No. 3 Alabama.

HAYES: For Rebels, Bulldogs, success could be short lived

Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork confirmed to Yahoo Sports on Wednesday that Ole Miss "is working with the NCAA" in an ongoing investigation.

According to the report, coach Hugh Freeze is not believed to be implicated in any major violations, and that much of the inquiry dates back to actions by a previous Ole Miss staff.

MORE: Week 6 picks | Which unbeaten teams will survive? | Bowl Projections

The Rebels had major infractions in football three times in school history. Ole Miss was placed on a postseason ban twice. That included a one-year ban in 1987 and a two-year ban in 1995-96. In 1959, the program was put on one-year probation.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 12-06-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Banned
    vCash

Ole Miss has experience catching runaway slaves

No doubt they'll use bounty Hunters.
    Last edited by Mutt the Hoople; 12-06-2017 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Harbaugh's trip down south:

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    would be curious as to what the 1959 infraction was.

vCash
    I hope Mars sues yancy and takes his trailer and his Dodge neon

vCash
    If he?s defending Ole Miss over this it has to be because they?re requesting that the NCAA block Mars requests for transfers. Would seem to be strange considering they just agreed with Mars that they could transfer.

vCash
    I can’t count the number of times Yancy has argued that something won’t stick, that the lawsuit will clear something up, or that UM is working “creatively” to get out of something and been dead wrong. He’s dead wrong here too.

UM is finally up against a real lawyer and a real powerhouse athletic and academic school is making them their bitches.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If he?s defending Ole Miss over this it has to be because they?re requesting that the NCAA block Mars requests for transfers. Would seem to be strange considering they just agreed with Mars that they could transfer.
    exactly. this ship has sailed. the MI jet into tsun airport is a good reference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Believe it or not, it was for adopting a HS football star to get him to go to OM. I believe the player was Lance Allworth, who went to OM, got married, was kicked off the team by Vaught, and went on to star for Arkansas.

Here's the 1959 NCAA report:

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/m...port?id=101698

vCash
    I think what they’re attempting to fight is not the transfers themselves, but the ide that the NCAA will grant transfers without requiring the player to sit a year.

UMiss has granted unconditional transfers, but they can’t waive the “sit a year” penalty. That’s up to the NCAA and that’s what Mars is working on.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Believe it or not, it was for adopting a HS football star to get him to go to OM. I believe the player was Lance Allworth, who went to OM, got married, was kicked off the team by Vaught, and went on to star for Arkansas.

Lance Allworth is a name that rings a bell to me. I think he was a NFL wide receiver. damned good one at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Lance Allworth - he was a helluva receiver for the Chargers. Held the record for 1000 yard receiving seasons in a row (7), until Rice broke it. Tied with Megatron with most career 200 yard games. Chargers retired his number.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 12-06-2017 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post

Their playbook hasn?t changed much over the years. Geez