Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU vs UT, It's pretty damn amazing

vCash

MSU vs UT, It's pretty damn amazing

Jeremy Pruitt just turned down $5M a year to be the HC at UT and the sticking point was he wanted to coach the playoffs. I feel pretty comfortable saying he was the first person MSU interviewed to replace Mullen and we all know what happened. His camp leaked that he had accepted the job. His camp wanted to scare off other potential candidates because he wanted the MSU job badly. Now I've listened to the media and talking heads who have said that UT is hands down the better job but when you consider that a shared candidate was willing to do whatever it took to get the MSU job while dictating his terms to the point of turning down the Vols, it's pretty clear which situation is better. I'm not saying historically and I'm not talking resources but it's pretty clear that today, MSU is a more desirable job than UT and there is no more clear evidence than Jeremy Pruitt.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They should have given him the time to coach the playoffs. UT will not have a quality coach before january 12th.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    UT is the biggest dumpster fire in the whole country. That place is radioactive. Geez

vCash
    Great post Beast.

MSU is a great job because it doesn't require a rebuild. It's also what makes Don wanting the Tennessee job before Florida called all the more odd.

Don's decision making lacked sense.

vCash
    Kevin Steele, step on up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    UT is the biggest dumpster fire in the whole country. That place is radioactive. Geez
    I think it's officially a landfill fire now. This guy even has on his Tennessee orange hardhat.

vCash
    How would you like to have Fulmer for a boss too? Stabs Johnny Majors in the back to get the HC gig; spends years undermining hires trying to get the AD job - he will throw any HC under the bus to save his job I bet.

vCash
    I'd still be hard pressed to turn down $5M to coach in the playoffs, but to each their own.

To be fair if we had offered him I'm not sure we would have allowed him to coach in the playoffs either with the December signing date

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    How would you like to have Fulmer for a boss too? Stabs Johnny Majors in the back to get the HC gig; spends years undermining hires trying to get the AD job - he will throw any HC under the bus to save his job I bet.
    This is a great point. It will be web truly be the HC’s program. It’s Phil’s too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think it's officially a landfill fire now. This guy even has on his Tennessee orange hardhat.

lol I agree. I been thinking about this, which program sucks the worst right now, unm or ut? I think unm still has the edge in suckiness right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Fat Phill really is a snake. Be interesting to see who finally takes that job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I'd still be hard pressed to turn down $5M to coach in the playoffs, but to each their own.

To be fair if we had offered him I'm not sure we would have allowed him to coach in the playoffs either with the December signing date
    We better not have let any coach do that.. It doesn't make sense anymore with the early signing day.

vCash
    I would imagine Fulmer as the AD would be similar to Jerry Jones as the owner/general manager.

vCash
    Re: Fulmer...

The younger ED posters oughta do a lil research on Phat Phil... specifically the Albert Means/NCAA/FBI/Bammer Scandal....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

The younger ED posters oughta do a lil research on Phat Phil... specifically the Albert Means/NCAA/FBI/Bammer Scandal....
    Lol yeah I know all you bammers love you some fat phil******

You use a fat phil poster for target practice? Lol

vCash
    That was a fake account. The real Wes Rucker has the check mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

Can you refer to it as a "scandal" when the reality was that some Bama booster did in fact pay for Means???

Phil may be a snake that ratted you out, but it doesn't change the fact that Means had his hand out and one of your flock decided to fill it...

(Full disclosure - I despise Phat Phil)

vCash
    Lol yeah I know all you bammers love you some fat phil******

You use a fat phil poster for target practice? Lol
    maybe at 500m....

No.

Banned
    vCash
    whatever happened to Means btw? didn't he end up having to go to Tiger High? did he ever end up getting drafted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Can you refer to it as a "scandal" when the reality was that some Bama booster did in fact pay for Means???

Phil may be a snake that ratted you out, but it doesn't change the fact that Means had his hand out and one of your flock decided to fill it...

(Full disclosure - I despise Phat Phil)
    I never said Bammer "didn't cheat"... But Means never got a dime from UA (his HS coaches kept the loot)...

My issue was using a rival coach's "secret" testimony in conjunction with the FBI... several schools paid for that kid's services...

regardless, we deserved to get hammered....

No.