Mullen may have dipped out without saying much but that?s the way the business is. He could have handled it a little better but honestly, no matter what he said there would be people who hold it against him. I think he went out in the best possible way that would help us secure the next head coach easiest. Had he told recruits and players he was leaving they would have jumped ship and given up on the season. He let the people know that needed to know he was leaving and I really think he had State?s best interest in mind when doing this. We were great to him for 9 years and he changed our football program by setting the foundation for future success. He was smart enough to see the blueprint for State to compete and put that plan into action. He may be weird and he may be different but he and his family truly love and always will love State and Starkville and I hate to see it end like this. Hopefully down the road the people who feel betrayed will soften on that stance. He gave us a great 9 years and elevated the program and he did it THE RIGHT WAY. I?m thankful for Mullen and understand he needed a new challenge in life. I will always be grateful to Mullen and I hope State honors him in the future because he absolutely deserves it. I wish him success at Florida unless playing against us.