Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: "Take the Money and Run" may apply to someone other than Don Merlin. Hearing that AJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If AJ goes anywhere it will be to Alabama- he's not coming to State
    Hopefully Michigan with everyone else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I will take him back. I believe in forgiveness... esp when when it comes to a very talented player at a position of need.
    Me too. And after a couple of touchdown catches, all the people who currently want nothing to do with him would forgive him too.....hell, after they saw the absolute raging meltdown that the OM fans would go into, they would probably forgive him before he ever set foot on the field.

Will not happen though and I certainly would not reach out to him.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    has had a change of heart and would like to come home. The biggest kicker is he realizes how much of an ass he was and does not even have the dignity to approach our new staff himself. He is trying to get his Starkville surrogates to put out feelers in the Athletic Department and around football building to see if we would even take him.

Maybe the new staff will listen and does not have a sour taste in their mouth's but time will tell. This may be the single worst week for the Confederates since Lee surrendered at Appomattox.

I don't believe you, but I would take him in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Me too. And after a couple of touchdown catches, all the people who currently want nothing to do with him would forgive him too.....hell, after they saw the absolute raging meltdown that the OM fans would go into, they would probably forgive him before he ever set foot on the field.
    If AJ actually wants to come and be a part of this team that's up to Coach Joe first but if it turns out to be reality AJ needs to speak to the team and tell them he wants to one of them and work hard to prove himself.

And you're right. After AJ does some weird-ass circus freak catches in Baton Rouge to lay a thumping on O next season all will be forgiven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    does he have an agent
    Based on all the rumors about his recruitment, I would say it's his dad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    .....AJ needs to speak to the team and tell them he wants to one of them and work hard to prove himself.
    Agreed. If I were the coach and he wanted to come, there would be absolutely zero question as to whether or not I would take him, but I would put some thought into how I brought him in.

vCash
    6 freaking pages of nada... It’s the Seinfeld thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hopefully Michigan with everyone else
    Please let Michigan take AJ. We could use him and we dont care about the drama he has. Hell Harbaugh is more dramatic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Pride really doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Huh? You think anybody would have a problem with one of the top WR's in the country transferring in if he was from bum17 Tennessee and currently played at Ohio State?

So you want a player with no work ethics, a me me type player, and all his drama....
    Just stop. Just because a guy goes to OM doesn't mean that he is an asshole off the field. And you don't know shit about his work ethic or whether or not he is a team player. At this level, players are almost never as successful as he has been if they aren't willing to work hard, and he seems to be pretty damn popular with his team. And what drama are you talking about? The fact that he is cocky and runs his mouth a little too much? Small price to pay for 1250 yards and 11 TD's, in my opinion. And out of curiosity, what are your feelings on Fred Smoot?

...how he felt about MSU, (See 2017 Egg Bowl), but those feelings have now changed, and he now loves MSU, since the sanctions came down?
    Why do you care about whether or not he loves MSU? Every year we bring in a bunch of players who would rather be signing with Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc. but they didn't get an offer.....they sign because we are their best available option, not because they love MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDawg View Post
    I?m not sure Marshal Ramsey could have drawn a more descriptive cartoon of this topic. Lucy just needs a OM logo and CB a MState.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Heres the ONLY way we should ever consider taking AJ....he must go to Indy and ask for full immunity....in return for AJ telling them EXACTLY who paid his family $....and how much. This would be the dagger to the heart of the plantation. Obviously, this will probably never happen but...it would PROVE to us that AJ truly screwed up when he left Starvegas...
    Exactly the truth. There are others that already know where the bodies are buried. Js

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I?m not sure Marshal Ramsey could have drawn a more descriptive cartoon of this topic. Lucy just needs a OM logo and CB a MState.
    How's this...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    How's this...

Top shelf. AJ on the ball with peeping crooms.

vCash
    Gold, Jerry. GOLD!

vCash
    Thanks guys! I have learned to add a peeping Croom to all photoshopped creations.

vCash
    Just talked to a Bama buddy of mine and he says word out of his contacts in Titletown are that AJ Brown, Metcaff, and a DB that he didn't remember the name off will be wearing crimson next year. I told him that I believed it about AJ but not Metcaff, he says that Metcaff wants to go to the NFL and he knows that Bama improves his chances. My buddy doesn't speculate much and what little he does he hasn't been wrong yet. Since rumors are encouraged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Just talked to a Bama buddy of mine and he says word out of his contacts in Titletown are that AJ Brown, Metcaff, and a DB that he didn't remember the name off will be wearing crimson next year. I told him that I believed it about AJ but not Metcaff, he says that Metcaff wants to go to the NFL and he knows that Bama improves his chances. My buddy doesn't speculate much and what little he does he hasn't been wrong yet. Since rumors are encouraged.
    Except for AJ WITH would players want to go to Bama to sit the bench?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    This thread is so hilarious...seeing is that I know 100% AJ is not coming here. Carry on.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Ricky Woods is on Om _____. He is the one that let illegal benefits and visits happen at the school. Do your homework on Woods. Look at his many football recruits from SP went to OM. Many many... He left Starkville and went right back to SP.
    You clearly have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Coach Woods. Especially as it relates to how he wound up back at The U of SP. But keep on telling us the real story, Mimi. Maybe you'll get something right one day.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You clearly have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Coach Woods. Especially as it relates to how he wound up back at The U of SP. But keep on telling us the real story, Mimi. Maybe you'll get something right one day.
    Too many saw what went on. Evidently you did not.