Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: "Take the Money and Run" may apply to someone other than Don Merlin. Hearing that AJ

vCash

vCash

Take the dude

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    My disdain for Lateral Move supersedes my feelings of AJ. Roll out the red carpet if he wants to join the good guys!!

It will never happen, but think of the karma of AJ wearing maroon and white running rough shot over the FL secondary next year in Davis Wade Stadium. How awesome would that be for everyone involved, excluding Lateral Move and his merry men!
    Ole stroked his ego and pockets.... So they earn (bought) his loyalty. He's can be the difference in beating the upper echelon of the west. I think he'd play and work as hard for MSU.

vCash
    His work ethic in high school may have been questionable but his work ethic in college is not disputable. You don?t become one of the top WR in th country by not working hard. Our coaches took AJ for granted in the recruiting process and that comes from his coach. I?m not talking about ?showing him love $$?. I?m taking about about we didn?t go visit him very much and Mullen literally told Ricky woods to ?send me your players?. Ricky told him his players are open game for anyone. Mullen just wanted him to push guys to us. This has been talked about ad nauseum but that pisses most high school coaches off. I?d take AJ. He?s friends with most of our team already and with a new staff, it?s a fresh start for him.

vCash
    And I?ve updated my phone and i still have these damn question marks instead of quotations and apostrophes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    His work ethic in high school may have been questionable but his work ethic in college is not disputable. You don?t become one of the top WR in th country by not working hard. Our coaches took AJ for granted in the recruiting process and that comes from his coach. I?m not talking about ?showing him love $$?. I?m taking about about we didn?t go visit him very much and Mullen literally told Ricky woods to ?send me your players?. Ricky told him his players are open game for anyone. Mullen just wanted him to push guys to us. This has been talked about ad nauseum but that pisses most high school coaches off. I?d take AJ. He?s friends with most of our team already and with a new staff, it?s a fresh start for him.
    This post is not accurate in any way in regards to his recruitment

vCash
    If he is truly interested I just hope that the boosters that are butt hurt about a 17 year old making the college decision they didn?t like get out of the way and let players and staff decide if he?s worth taking in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I do not think it's a troll job. I think the purpose is to gauge the thoughts/feelings from MSU fans in threads exactly like this one so here's your chance. Put your thoughts/feelings about it in here. He can read them and make a decision on what's best for him. It certainly isn't staying in Oxford where 1 QB is gone and the other maybe gone soon too and last I checked WRs need decent QBs to throw them the ball. MSU makes the most sense for AJ. He's from here, he knows half our team and we have a great senior QB coming back. He can play at home and raise his NFL stock to borderline 1st round. Shut your mouth and play hard and you'll make millions of dollars.
    I think he would be a borderline first rounder right now. I think he'll be def top 20 pick next year. Not a chance in hell he comes here. Ta'Amu (sp?) gonna stay, they're gonna sling the rock to him all next year and he's gonna leave OM and make millions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Yeah whatever. If he dressed out next september youd be happy as a henhouse rat
    Ummm... No I wouldn't.

Banned
    vCash
    How fast is AJ? Top 20 1st round WRs usually have to be pretty damn fast. Not sure AJ qualifies there. I can see him late first round but I am no draft expert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    How fast is AJ? Top 20 1st round WRs usually have to be pretty damn fast. Not sure AJ qualifies there. I can see him late first round but I am no draft expert.
    He is pretty damn fast IMO. He ran away from our DBs a few times in the Egg Bowl

Off the cuff, I'd say he is a low 4.5 guy with Dez Bryant's size & extremely quick feet, which is are rare for someone AJ's size. I think Dez Bryant is better in the air than AJ, but AJ may have a little quicker feet with more elusiveness after the catch.

He's not Julio Jones, but he is really good. My guess is that he goes somewhere between pick 8-15 in the 1st round next year. He'll go about where Calvin Ridley will go this year.

Ridley is quicker with better top end speed, but AJ is more physical & has more potential in the redzone & the middle of the field

AJ has a chance to be a #1 WR in the NFL. He's far better than Treadwell IMO
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think as long as you put it to a team vote and made him be a walk on then no one would have a problem with it. I just highly doubt many on the team would want him back
    I heavily disagree. Quick point:
    1) this whole thread is stupid and AJ isn't coming home.
    2) Fans of MSU are way more triggered by AJ then the kids on the team. They're friends with AJ. There are no hard feelings there. It's incredible how we, the "adults," are far more polarized by him than the players. He talks to our players on twitter; they're friends.

ETA: I made this post, but who really cares? Wish mods would just lock this crap and we'd move on.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    While there is no question AJ had his hand out and he has talked a lot of crap about MSU, there is also no question in my mind that Dan didn't recruit him hard enough.

I think both are at "fault"- but moreso Dan IMO. If you have a local player that is talented like that you don't just drop them because they want to get more "love"/"attention" from you or because someone close to them doesn't understand that you don't go directly to the head coach with your hand out. The Ole Miss bagmen hanging out around Starkville and the Starkville assistant that was steering them to Ole Miss should have been dealt with much sooner than they were. And that is the fault of Hevesy who had Starkville in his territory at that time. Even worse, you don't assume that just because a player is from Starkville that you don't have to recruit them as hard as other players. Essentially the same thing happened with Lashley without him having his hand out in the exact same cycle. We did't show him enough attention because we assumed that he would automatically come to MSU and it didn't happen there either.

Dan wanted and expected others to recruit for him- and that's simply not the job of a high school coach and it shouldn't be expected of them to do so.

Whether AJ actually wants to come to MSU or not- he could very well be trolling MSU fans because he wants to hear how awesome he is- is an issue that I'm going to have to trust Moorhead on. I think he could help but I don't think he's imperative. We're an 8-9 win team as it is without him. In reality he probably would benefit from us more than us from him. Ole Miss WR's and their offense have been lampooned on NFL games for their lack of development and lack of a route tree. Not to mention the fact that he will probably never go to a bowl in his career and his touches went down significantly when Patterson went down. And Ole Miss will likely be even worse this year which he doesn't help him either. So, if Moorhead is OK with taking him that's fine and if he's not I'm good rolling out there with Guidry, probably Whop, Heath, Todd, Couch, and Austin Williams and then Dear, Mixon, and Thomas in the slot.

And I'll say this and I might raise some eyebrows on this- but after the Ole Miss transfers that are confirmed and expected our group of WR's is going to be comparable from a raw talent standpoint to Ole Miss. We'll be younger and we may not be quite as good next year- but by 2019 we will have caught and passed them in that department.
    Don recruits so well he?s having to offer 2* WR?s to fill his class before signing day. Add in the fact that he spoke to everyone as if he had invented football, and you can see why someone from our own backyard went to our rival. Then factor in the ?having to wait a season or two to play over upperclassmen, even if you are better?.

I?ve been harping on this for 4-5 years as the main reason w couldn?t land top players Or classes. Dons track record of playing age over talent was turning top players away. This was not only hurting our overall recruiting classes by others wanting to get in on them, it was hurting the on field results. The endless cycle was why we never took the next step. All of these are the negatives of Don Merlins and his inability to recognize and worknon them. That?s why we never beat a to ranked team to win the west.

vCash
    One more time: I had heard from a very good source early in his Jr year that he was never going to MSU. This source nailed his final two but missed on the one he actually signed for. When you asked why he missed there he’d just shrug his shoulders and grin. We were never really in it. I know, sources are a dime a dozen, but this guy was always a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Well, I have absolutely zero confidence that he leaves OM. He will stay one more year and go get paid in the NFL

Yep, as of now there is 0% chance that AJ goes anywhere. No other offense is going to get him the targets he has now.

If both QB's transfer, maybe that changes things. But currently it would be stupid for him to transfer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He is pretty damn fast IMO. He ran away from our DBs a few times in the Egg Bowl

Off the cuff, I'd say he is a low 4.5 guy with Dez Bryant's size & extremely quick feet, which is are rare for someone AJ's size. I think Dez Bryant is better in the air than AJ, but AJ may have a little quicker feet with more elusiveness after the catch.

He's not Julio Jones, but he is really good. My guess is that he goes somewhere between pick 8-15 in the 1st round next year. He'll go about where Calvin Ridley will go this year.

Ridley is quicker with better top end speed, but AJ is more physical & has more potential in the redzone & the middle of the field

AJ has a chance to be a #1 WR in the NFL. He's far better than Treadwell IMO
    I didn't see him run away from DB's. I saw him run away from JT Gray because for some retarded reason we let him get miss matched in coverage multiple times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Doesn't his mother work for MSU? maybe doesn't any longer?
    Ifso he would get a break on tuition
    His mother doesn't work at MSU and last I heard did not live in the area.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 12-06-2017 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    Ricky Woods is on Om _____. He is the one that let illegal benefits and visits happen at the school. Do your homework on Woods. Look at his many football recruits from SP went to OM. Many many... He left Starkville and went right back to SP.

vCash
    If AJ goes anywhere it will be to Alabama- he's not coming to State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If AJ goes anywhere it will be to Alabama- he's not coming to State
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    One more time: I had heard from a very good source early in his Jr year that he was never going to MSU. This source nailed his final two but missed on the one he actually signed for. When you asked why he missed there he’d just shrug his shoulders and grin. We were never really in it. I know, sources are a dime a dozen, but this guy was always a good one.
    we musta had the same source, or my guy got it from your guy
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times