Thread: Grantham/Sirmon/Brown Salaries

vCash

Grantham/Sirmon/Brown Salaries

I'm pretty sure over the past year I've read on here about how Mullen finally went out and paid up for a quality DC in Grantham, about how we've stepped up our game with assistant pay, yada, yada ,yada....

I then see this report from the USA Today and Grantham is 49th on the list at $660,000.

PETER SIRMON is 19th on the list at $950,000
    Don Brown is 6th at $1.3 million.

Thoughts:
    1) The people at Louisville are dumber than I thought!!
    2) Either we are great negotiators or don't have the resources some claim on here we have to pay up at times for assistants.
    3) Don Brown isn't taking a haircut to come here, plus we can't afford him even with Coach Moorhead taking less (very noble gesture by him btw).
    4) Grantham was worth every penny we paid him!!!!

Link:
    http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant

vCash
    Certainly that is what the article says. However, I thought I remember it being reported we were paying Grantham around $1 mil. Maybe I'm wrong.

vCash
    https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...rantham-mullen

The above article said $1.1 million annually

http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/02/2...ches-salaries/

The above article says $650,000 plus private funds.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 12-07-2017 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    He was paid an additional 500k by the bulldog club.

vCash
    I wish we'd publish totals. Most everyone else does it. When we don't, it makes us look po-dunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    He was paid an additional 500k by the bulldog club.
    Help me out, who authorizes a decision like that?

I'm not implying that it is out of the norm, just surprised that half his salary is funded through this manner.

I feel the same way when looking at schools like UF, where they are now paying 3 head football coaches. Imagine being a big time donor and your donation went to pay off the buyout of the coach you had 4 years ago?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Most of our coaches salaries are paid from a private fund. Most big programs only use private funds for coaches. This may be why we can not offer longer than 4 years. If any state money is used we are limited it appears. We need to bump up the private slush fund and get away from the backwoods 1950?s Mississippi rules and regulations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Help me out, who authorizes a decision like that?

I'm not implying that it is out of the norm, just surprised that half his salary is funded through this manner.

I feel the same way when looking at schools like UF, where they are now paying 3 head football coaches. Imagine being a big time donor and your donation went to pay off the buyout of the coach you had 4 years ago?
    The Bulldog Club is a 501(c)(3) with its own Board of Directors. So I assume the BC acts through its Board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Most of our coaches salaries are paid from a private fund. Most big programs only use private funds for coaches. This may be why we can not offer longer than 4 years. If any state money is used we are limited it appears. We need to bump up the private slush fund and get away from the backwoods 1950?s Mississippi rules and regulations.
    You can't get away from the state regulation. UNM tried to do that years ago and pay through the private funds to go longer on years. It was struck down as the coach is still a state employee

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You can't get away from the state regulation. UNM tried to do that years ago and pay through the private funds to go longer on years. It was struck down as the coach is still a state employee
    And there is something in the works currently to either do away with this or create exceptions. Haven?t heard the latest but the recent transgressions and other states allowing these long term contracts has got our officials talking. Will update when more is known.