Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Take the Money and Run" may apply to someone other than Don Merlin. Hearing that AJ

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

"Take the Money and Run" may apply to someone other than Don Merlin. Hearing that AJ

has had a change of heart and would like to come home. The biggest kicker is he realizes how much of an ass he was and does not even have the dignity to approach our new staff himself. He is trying to get his Starkville surrogates to put out feelers in the Athletic Department and around football building to see if we would even take him.

Maybe the new staff will listen and does not have a sour taste in their mouth's but time will tell. This may be the single worst week for the Confederates since Lee surrendered at Appomattox.

vCash
    Do not want him. Bridge was burned.

vCash
    Ah, not this shit again

Even if it were true, it would need to happen in complete silence. Only chance it could ever happen was probably ruined by this thread.

Would have to be a situation where randomly news broke and it all happened within 1 hour

Banned
    vCash
    where in the 17 are you hearing this?

btw, nice title. think I'll sit around the house, get high and watch the tube.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, I have absolutely zero confidence that he leaves OM. He will stay one more year and go get paid in the NFL
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Maybe the rumor of Hawaii 5-0 leaving is true, and AJ knows he want have a QB to throw to him. No QB hurts his draft stock

vCash
    Can't afford him bc of Don Collins paltry buyout

vCash
    I will take him back. I believe in forgiveness... esp when when it comes to a very talented player at a position of need. Will not happen though and I certainly would not reach out to him.

vCash
    I, frankly, do not believe these threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Well, I have absolutely zero confidence that he leaves OM. He will stay one more year and go get paid in the NFL
    I think AJ wants to stay at OM, but, IMO it kind of all depends on who else transfers. If Shea and Ta’amu leave, then he will be hurting his draft stock by staying. Throw Little in the mix and it gets really bad.

I think many of these OM players are playing chicken until the semester ends. Once they go home for a Christmas, s$&@* gonna get real.

OM fans will not be able to enjoy Christmas this year.

vCash
    My understanding is that Dr. Keenum was genuinely pissed over the Will Redmond stuff. If that's true, then AJ has no chance with the rumors floating around about him.

edit to add: although if there were any chance of this happening, I'd probably do it just as a big FU to OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think AJ wants to stay at OM, but, IMO it kind of all depends on who else transfers. If Shea and Ta’amu leave, then he will be hurting his draft stock by staying. Throw Little in the mix and it gets really bad.

I think many of these OM players are playing chicken until the semester ends. Once they go home for a Christmas, s$&@* gonna get real.

OM fans will not be able to enjoy Christmas this year.
    If the UCLA rumor for Hawaii is true, he may bite. Who did the original Hawaii qb (Marcus mariota) play for in college? Yep, Chip Kelly. You know lil Hawaii looked up to MM

vCash
    Murlenzo wouldn't take him back but we'll see what Coach Joe thinks about it.

vCash
    1) I don't belive it. 2) I don't think we will touch him with a 40 foot pole.

vCash
    I don’t believe it either.

vCash
    You heard this and believed it did you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    has had a change of heart and would like to come home. The biggest kicker is he realizes how much of an ass he was and does not even have the dignity to approach our new staff himself. He is trying to get his Starkville surrogates to put out feelers in the Athletic Department and around football building to see if we would even take him.

Maybe the new staff will listen and does not have a sour taste in their mouth's but time will tell. This may be the single worst week for the Confederates since Lee surrendered at Appomattox.
    tell him he's welcome to walkon, but there's no scholarship for him.

vCash
    Come home, Prodigal Son.

vCash
    I heard this same thing at work today in Starkville and didn't believe it. Maybe it has legs.