Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Loses Another

vCash

Don Loses Another

Don just lost another 4* recruit Rique Stevenson

Don?s recruiting will be interesting.

While Yes the East is easier, he?s going to have to develop into a better recruiter if he is going succeed at FL with Richt and now Taggert in the state to go along with Kirby and Urban plucking a few.

Don is a good coach and has a high floor at Florida at about 8 wins once he gets his culture installed, but, in order to win the East or compete for a natty, Don will have to overcome his socially awkward, arrogant personality
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-05-2017 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Poor Don.

He's gonna one hell of a coach at UMass one day.

vCash
    Dropping like flies. The fanbase is growing restless.

vCash
    It could be something more going on like they didn't like the way Florida treated the previous coach and the high number of fans who are not happy with new coaches. They brought it all on them selves. Their shit does stink and why would a 4 or 5 star want to go there when they could go to FSU, GA, Bama or Miami?

vCash
    Looks like it’s about to get tougher with Taggart going to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Looks like it’s about to get tougher with Taggart going to FSU.
    Yup. Don is about to have work

vCash
    Don's donfall will be his inability to recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It could be something more going on like they didn't like the way Florida treated the previous coach and the high number of fans who are not happy with new coaches. They brought it all on them selves. Their shit does stink and why would a 4 or 5 star want to go there when they could go to FSU, GA, Bama or Miami?
    I guess Don thought his winning personality would just turn that program around in no time. He took over a Florida program in a nose dive. He's got to change the culture and make sure he keeps Foley and Spurrier happy too. It's gonna be a tall order to fill and I really don't see him getting it done in the time frame fans and boosters expect.

vCash
    4 in 2 days decommitts. 2 from 2018 and 2 from 2019

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Ladson just decomitted too!! Ha!!
    Romans 5:8

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    Don's donfall will be his inability to To recognize, acknowledge and work on his weaknesses.
    FIFY.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I guess Don thought his winning personality would just turn that program around in no time. He took over a Florida program in a nose dive. He's got to change the culture and make sure he keeps Foley and Spurrier happy too. It's gonna be a tall order to fill and I really don't see him getting it done in the time frame fans and boosters expect.
    So he’s Floridas version of Croom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dropping like flies. The fanbase is growing restless.
    I thought the UF fan narrative was that Florida recruits itself??

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Kirby already has 3 5* kids in the upcoming class. Dude is tearing it up.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Apparently that only goes so far lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Don's laziness and hard-headed universal recruiting pitch will cancel that advantage out. The type of athletes who are attracted to name and prestige alone don't want to hear that they'll have to earn their spot just like everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Don's laziness and hard-headed universal recruiting pitch will cancel that advantage out. The type of athletes who are attracted to name and prestige alone don't want to hear that they'll have to earn their spot just like everyone else.
    my question was rhetorical of course. As a MSU fan, I have seen Dan's "relentless effort" on the recruiting trail (as well as Hevesy's eff ups) up close. I think it's going to be a big problem for him at Florida. And they aren't going to give him 9 years to figure it out like we did.

vCash
    I get that Florida has financial resources but this idea that the city of Gainesville is some sort of magical city that attracts people is silly. It is your typical town of 130k. Not terrible but not great. Big enough to have traffic and most chains but not eclectic enough to offer much that is unique. It is about as far away from the beach as you can get while being located in the state of Florida.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    4 in 2 days decommitts. 2 from 2018 and 2 from 2019
    I?m sure his ?you are going to have to work hard to play over the upperclassmen ahead of you, even if you are the better player? is doing wonders for the guys they have committed.

The more I think about everything and the further along we get without Don, the better and better off we are looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    So he’s Floridas version of Croom?
    Just with a better offense.