Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Coaching Hire

vCash
    Yeah there have been a lot of people on this board worried about Southern guys and recruiting ties, but have you actually been paying attention to how our top recruits have taken to JoMo? They're all reaffirming their commitment to us. They're pumped up to come to MSU. JoMo gets an A+ for recruiting so far. (although obviously it's a small sample size)

vCash
    I think it sucks that we aren't getting Tony Hughes and Steve Campbell. We need some MS guys man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Yeah there have been a lot of people on this board worried about Southern guys and recruiting ties, but have you actually been paying attention to how our top recruits have taken to JoMo? They're all reaffirming their commitment to us. They're pumped up to come to MSU. JoMo gets an A+ for recruiting so far. (although obviously it's a small sample size)
    Yea but i bet having Rod Gibson, Austin and others have a lot to do with feeling good about their commitment. JMHO.

Banned
    vCash
    Send the offensive croots some video of Penn State's Offense. I'm thinking that will weigh more than if they may talk a little "funny".

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I am going on record to say, until proven otherwise, I trust Joe Moorhead's and Cohen's ability to hire coaches. Good hire. Knows his system. Won games with this duo. No problems I can see.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    If he's the guy I have no complaints. You now have two coaches on offensive that know his system which will allow it to be taught much more quickly to the team.

Just watched this youtube video and while young, he comes across as really having his act together. I think will do just fine in the recruiting area as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I think it sucks that we aren't getting Tony Hughes and Steve Campbell. We need some MS guys man
    Has Campbell said no? We still need an OL coach and a TE coach. I'd love to have Campbell and Looney respectively in those positions.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    If you don't have the time to open all three links, open the youtube link.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Has Campbell said no? We still need an OL coach and a TE coach. I'd love to have Campbell and Looney respectively in those positions.
    Campbell is a serious candidate for the South Alabama job he's not coming here to be an OL Coach. I wonder how much of
    This rumor was started based on actual facts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Campbell is a serious candidate for the South Alabama job he's not coming here to be an OL Coach. I wonder how much of
    This rumor was started based on actual facts.
    Chip Lindsey is also up for USA

vCash
    We just got a sitting HC to come be an offensive asst. That is very good.

Very good recruiting job accomplishing that, also
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    I don?t like it.. Hiring all his buddies on offense with no ties to the south. Sounds awfully familiar....hope I?m wrong.
    He's only hired two coaches. That leaves seven more to go.

vCash
    Wow, I was really hoping we would get this guy, but didnt think he would step down from being a HC. I think this is a really good hire.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Wow, I was really hoping we would get this guy, but didnt think he would step down from being a HC. I think this is a really good hire.
    Why not? Moorhead did..
    No Signature

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He's only hired two coaches. That leaves seven more to go.
    8 more

Banned
    vCash
    Damn good hire imo. Y'all worried about these guys like they are from Japan or something. People from all over the county relate much better with each other than they did 20 years ago because of the internet. We all grow up watching, hearing, talking, texting, tweeting, instagraming, face booking about the same exact shit.

vCash
    As far as Moorhead's "southern ties", "relating to recruits", etc goes, let me share a story:

I went to high school with a girl who's son played at Fordham. I wasn't sure about the timing, so I asked her if her son had played for Moorhead and what she thought of him. She confirmed that her son played all four years for Moorhead and this was her comment on Joe "He's been a constant part of our family for 6 years. We've done holidays together, been to mass together. He's a great man." She went on to say that she will make it a point to attend some State games and that even though she's an LSU grad, she would "definitely wear MSU gear for Joe Moorhead."

This is a girl that was born and raised in South Louisiana and raised her own family there as well. I don't think we have to worry about Moorhead's ability to relate to, get along with, and recruit players from the South.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    I don?t like it.. Hiring all his buddies on offense with no ties to the south. Sounds awfully familiar....hope I?m wrong.
    You are. But I understand the concern.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Great pick-up for your staff. Breiner knows the system extremely well. His 2 years as HC should only help him, particularly with his mentor over his shoulder again.

Love the Louisiana reference as well. If I'm guessing correctly the mother mentioned had a son who spent some time with the KC Chiefs. If I'm right, he's one of the smartest kids to come through our program and a helluva football player too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FordhamRams View Post
    Love the Louisiana reference as well. If I'm guessing correctly the mother mentioned had a son who spent some time with the KC Chiefs. If I'm right, he's one of the smartest kids to come through our program and a helluva football player too.
    You are correct. Those that watched Moorhead's introductory press conference may remember him mentioning that he recruited a kid out of Baton Rouge. That's him.