Thread: If State and SC switched schedule what would the records be?

vCash

If State and SC switched schedule what would the records be?

?

vCash
    10-2 for us without a doubt. Clemson and UGA losses. USC probably 7-5.. Bama, A&M, Auburn, UGA, LSU

vCash
    vs NCST W35-28 STATE WIN
    @ MIZ W31-13 STATE WIN
    vs UK L23-13 STATE WIN
    vs LT W17-16 STATE WIN
    @ TA&M L24-17 STATE WIN
    vs ARK W48-22 STATE WIN
    @ TENN W15-9 STATE WIN
    vs VAN W34-27 STATE WIN
    @ 1 UGA L24-10 UGA WIN
    vs FLA W28-20 STATE WIN
    vs WOF W31-10 STATE WIN
    vs 3 CLEM L34-10 CLEM WIN

We would easily be 10-2. I dont think Clemson could have stopped Fitz though so it might have been close.

vCash
    It?s not the destination that irritates me as much as the matchup. We needed a somewhat offensively challenged team to compete with our team that has lost its whole staff almost and our qb.

Michigan fits that bill.

Instead we get a high octane offense that is a terrible matchup for us on paper in our current state.

I think the SEC has us taking one for the conference as they probably figured we were going to lose to anybody that played well and I think USC might get beat by Louisville as well so here we are

vCash
    10-2. UGA and Clemson L's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    It?s not the destination that irritates me as much as the matchup. We needed a somewhat offensively challenged team to compete with our team that has lost its whole staff almost and our qb.

Michigan fits that bill.

Instead we get a high octane offense that is a terrible matchup for us on paper in our current state.

I think the SEC has us taking one for the conference as they probably figured we were going to lose to anybody that played well and I think USC might get beat by Louisville as well so here we are
    Yeah, Lamar is gonna score about 18 TDs on us. Just accept it now and focus on next year.

vCash
    Which is why in football we should always go for the easiest possible schedule. Auburn had too difficult of a schedule and it cost them a shot at the championship. Part of it was their fault, part not.

Swap Georgia and Clemson with any other East team and BYU and they're probably in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Which is why in football we should always go for the easiest possible schedule. Auburn had too difficult of a schedule and it cost them a shot at the championship. Part of it was their fault, part not.

Swap Georgia and Clemson with any other East team and BYU and they're probably in the playoffs.
    LSU cost Auburn. Not Clemson. Beat LSU- they're in.

vCash
    Given how our OL and DL got dominated vs UGA, AU and OM... I would say Clemson would hold Nick in check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Given how our OL and DL got dominated vs UGA, AU and OM... I would say Clemson would hold Nick in check.
    State had over 500 yards of offense and 27 1st downs in the OLe MIss game.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 12-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    LSU cost Auburn. Not Clemson. Beat LSU- they're in.
    neither LSU nor Clemson cost AU. UGA did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post

Well auburn still had to beat uga in the sec cg which they didn’t do. And they lost to a SEC West team in LSU that they play every year.

And people saying Ohio st was punished for playing (and losing to) Oklahoma forget that Ohio st got in over Penn St (who won the h2h and the big 10 cg) last year primarily because they beat Oklahoma. And Ohio st was still comfortably in the playoff until they got beaten by 31 points by Iowa. Could you imagine if a Kentucky or mizzou had beaten a playoff contender by 31 points because that’s what Iowa did. Playing good non-conference games didn’t hurt auburn and Ohio st until they lost other games that compounded it, and winning a big non-conference game clearly gives you a nice boost (clempson still sits at #1 with easily the worst loss of any of the CFP teams @ 4-8 Syracuse partly because they played and beat auburn out of conference, and as pointed out above Ohio st playing and beating Oklahoma last year is probably the main reason they got in over Penn St).

so if you play a shit schedule, you either have to go undefeated (see Wisconsin) to get in or you’ll need a lot of help from
    Other teams losing, but if you play a tough schedule, you usually get a mulligan so long as you’ve played and beaten some high quality teams. It’s that once you get past your mulligan that the strength of schedule diminishes in importance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    vs NCST W35-28 STATE WIN
    @ MIZ W31-13 STATE WIN
    vs UK L23-13 STATE WIN
    vs LT W17-16 STATE WIN
    @ TA&M L24-17 STATE WIN
    vs ARK W48-22 STATE WIN
    @ TENN W15-9 STATE WIN
    vs VAN W34-27 STATE WIN
    @ 1 UGA L24-10 UGA WIN
    vs FLA W28-20 STATE WIN
    vs WOF W31-10 STATE WIN
    vs 3 CLEM L34-10 CLEM WIN

We would easily be 10-2. I dont think Clemson could have stopped Fitz though so it might have been close.
    USC goes 5-7 with our schedule. They don't beat TXAM on the road nor U.K. At home. They probably split the Arkansas and la tech games since on the road vs at home. Latech was jacked to host an sec team in MSU. I really don't see them beating anyone in the west especially Arkansas on the road.

vCash
    They talked about a rumor on Bo Bounds this morning about Lamar Jackson sitting out or limited play. This done in anticipation of early entry to the draft.