Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Holiday Cheer Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Holiday Cheer Edition

All i know if that I have a ribeye loin and we're going to some Christmas program Saturday night. I'm still trying to stick a deer before baby gets here. That's what's on my agenda this weekend.

vCash
    Ending the night with an Abita Christmas Ale

vCash
    Wife’s got a b-ball game this afternoon then going to see Star Wars afterwards. No big cooking plans since it’s supposed to rain most of tomorrow. Probably do a couple steaks, salad and sweet tater fries. My grocery store has been doing thick 8-10oz sirloins lately. It’s no filet, but I really like a thick sirloin.

vCash
    Deer suasage and burgers for lunch. Mess of steaks going on for dinner later.

vCash

Had a 3lb rib loin from Sam’s and had never done prime rib with anything but the whole loin so I wasn’t sure. Started by melting butter and garlic, oregano, rosemary, and thyme in a pan. After getting that hot I poured most of it off (to the side for later) only leaving a little bit in the pan. Seasoned the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Got that pan screaming hot and seared on all sides. Transferred the ribeye loin to a baking pan and spooned half of the reserved herb butter right on top. Convection oven on 200 for a cpl hours, I’m not even sure how long because I was working, and pulled when internal temp hit 120. Immediately wrapped in foil and spooned remaining herb butter and placed in an insulated box. Came back 30-45 mins later and unwrapped the meat. Sliced a beautiful med rare and spooned a little of the au jus/herb butter/drippings from the foil on top. Plated with loaded garlic mash. It was freaking outstanding. I will most definitely do this again.

vCash
    Beast, that looks awesome. That is top notch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Beast, that looks awesome. That is top notch.
    Thanks. Can’t really tell in the pic but I got 4 nice slices. 2 in the middle and the 2 end cuts. Perfect for a family when you don’t want to buy a whole loin for $150 and have a bunch of leftovers

vCash
    OMG, Beast, that looks uh-may-zing. Perfectly cooked, too (not that I'm surprised, lol).

I'm branching out tonight with a new recipe. I'm making a Chicago style stuffed deep dish pizza, with pepperoni, roasted-red bells, fresh spinach, and my canned arrabiata sauce (made from this years garden).

I'll post pics when it comes outta the oven.

vCash
    Btw, the deckle meat (my favorite part of a rib-eye/prime-rib) on that joint is huge; like literally half of the cut. You found a gem, dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Deer suasage and burgers for lunch. Mess of steaks going on for dinner later.

Jeez, Speck....the view from your kitchen window really sucks. Do better.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Jeez, Speck....the view from your kitchen window really sucks. Do better.***
    Haha I thought the same thing

vCash
    Was quite happy with this...

vCash
    Very nice Beardo. It’s on my agenda to get a pizza stone for the Weber. Never made a homeade pizza at home. Tossed a few at City Bagel in Vegas so I half way have an idea what to do.

I had a cpl slices for dinner and a white can. I’m taking it easy because I’m on stand-by pregnant taxi duty for the next week or so.

vCash
    A metric frick ton (yes, that’s a legit unit of measurement) of ribeyes and Woodford in now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Very nice Beardo. It’s on my agenda to get a pizza stone for the Weber. Never made a homeade pizza at home. Tossed a few at City Bagel in Vegas so I half way have an idea what to do.

I had a cpl slices for dinner and a white can. I’m taking it easy because I’m on stand-by pregnant taxi duty for the next week or so.
    I don’t do it on the Weber, but I bake homemade pizza on a pizza stone in the oven all the time. Beardo looks like he did some type of deep dish. Mine comes out more hand tossed thickness. I cheat and use a Martha White pizza crust mix that works very well. Good stuff.

vCash
    My sister graduated from college yesterday and wanted a steak for dinner. My wife and I ran by Diamond J in Brookhaven before heading to Arkansas for graduation.

vCash
    There?s a lot of win in this thread.

vCash
    After seeing what Beast did (and Kroger having them on sale) I picked up a 4.5 lb rib roast today. I smoked mine using applewood and hickory, and it came out really damn good. Pictures aren?t as pretty as Beast?s, but it was fine eating.
    May have to go get a couple more to put in the freezer. $4.99/lb can?t be beat.