Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ole Miss and the impact of #TheNetworks downfall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomanishus View Post
    the real NETWORK is still very much intact....these guys named so far are just wannabes. this will not be more than a slight hiccup for the time-proven methods they use, they'll just put more controls in place....if those recruits thought recording Leo's mom was excessive, they need to buckle up because they ain't seen nothing yet!!! don't be surprised at how high-tech the enemy goes in this from this moment forward. best to be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves from this point forward....that. is. all.
    Or we can just choose to hire the same law firm they did instead of overpenalizing ourselves. At least that's what I would do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.
    I think those, Ole Miss law dogs call it, "A precedent".

vCash
    They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.
    The NCAA did sanction them per the matrix. The big issue I see with it is that they classified the case as Level 1 - Standard, as opposed to Level 1 - Aggravated, and then they reduced scholarships by only 15% which is on the low end of the matrix's range for Level 1 - Standard (12.5%-25%). I just don't see how a case with that many violations -- including academic fraud, pay for play, coaches setting up recruits with boosters, LOIC and the head coaching responsibility charge -- could qualify as anything other than Aggravated (I thought it would based on the LOIC charge alone). At the very least it should have included the most severe Standard penalties that the matrix would allow.

Bottom line is that if this case didn't meet the criteria for Level 1 - Aggravated, then I don't see how any case ever will without it being in the repeat violator window.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    The NCAA did sanction them per the matrix. The big issue I see with it is that they classified the case as Level 1 - Standard, as opposed to Level 1 - Aggravated, and then they reduced scholarships by only 15% which is on the low end of the matrix's range for Level 1 - Standard (12.5%-25%). I just don't see how a case with that many violations -- including academic fraud, pay for play, coaches setting up recruits with boosters, LOIC and the head coaching responsibility charge -- could qualify as anything other than Aggravated (I thought it would based on the LOIC charge alone). At the very least it should have included the most severe Standard penalties that the matrix would allow.

Bottom line is that if this case didn't meet the criteria for Level 1 - Aggravated, then I don't see how any case ever will without it being in the repeat violator window.
    That is 12-25% per level one violation. They had 15 of them. Then 1-2 year bowl ban per violation. Based on that alone they should have given them a 15-30 year bowl ban and docked them 130% of their scholarships. So no, they came nowhere near the matrix.

Banned
    vCash
    let's wait and see if they pull off any surprises in the weeks that follow and next year's class. that's the only way if mine and other's opinion or those with opinions that differ will tell as to who is right or who is wrong. is their weak commitment list at the moment due to the cloud or Network shut down?

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Lost in the echo of what many deem as ?disappointing? is this specific sanction: ?Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.?
    How many unofficial visits are usually allowed?

vCash
    That is 12-25% per level one violation. They had 15 of them. Then 1-2 year bowl ban per violation. Based on that alone they should have given them a 15-30 year bowl ban and docked them 130% of their scholarships. So no, they came nowhere near the matrix.
    The matrix isn't intended to be a summation of the individual violations. The case is subjectively given a single one of one of the classifications after consideration of the violations, and that's where the penalties come from. That didn't become clear until the past few months, but they did in fact stick to the matrix as it's intended to be applied.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The matrix isn't intended to be a summation of the individual violations. The case is subjectively given a single one of one of the classifications after consideration of the violations, and that's where the penalties come from. That didn't become clear until the past few months, but they did in fact stick to the matrix as it's intended to be applied.
    There should be no subjectivity. It should be common sense and completely fair to all.

If a violation is deemed to be a Level 1, the penalty should be X. Level 2 should be X. Level 3 should be X. A certain number of Level ones should be X post season ban.

But common sense is lacking everywhere
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 12-04-2017 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-unofficial visit thing is a joke
    -disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.
    -They kept Luke who knows the drill
    -They somehow kept Bjork and he's more than willing

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.
    The might not have been punished severely, but they did get caught. And the NCAA knows where to look. Keep in mind that if OM is caught cheating again in the next 5 years (not just 3), they will fall under repeat offender status and their next set of penalties will not be so light. Won't get the death penalty, but they will get hit a lot harder.

vCash
    As long as it's OK for.... Cam to be rented like a mule, for Tunsil's mother to just miraculously end up with a "second home" in Oxford, for Shay Shay's useless ass brother to draw six figures to work in the athletic laundry room and on and on and on there will be a "network" at OM and most other SEC schools. For those that don't have a network and the savvy to work the loopholes there's always the Indy and Liberty Bowls.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    The might not have been punished severely, but they did get caught. And the NCAA knows where to look. Keep in mind that if OM is caught cheating again in the next 5 years (not just 3), they will fall under repeat offender status and their next set of penalties will not be so light. Won't get the death penalty, but they will get hit a lot harder.
    Please everybody consider this. I'm going with this until proven wrong. they've been given an ultimatum. let's see how this plays out this year and next with crootin'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-unofficial visit thing is a joke
    -disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.
    -They kept Luke who knows the drill
    -They somehow kept Bjork and he's more than willing

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.
    #TheNetwork is not fully functioning. Disassociation has major implications when it?s big money donors.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    #TheNetwork is not fully functioning. Disassociation has major implications when it?s big money donors.
    Those few they got were the tip of the ice berg
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I understand the last remaining unnamed booster still has a date with Rosie and the Supreme Court.

Can?t wait for his name to be released. He?s apparently affected by it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I understand the last remaining unnamed booster still has a date with Rosie and the Supreme Court.

Can?t wait for his name to be released. He?s apparently affected by it.
    The Sanctions said OM had to name them all publicly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    There should be no subjectivity. It should be common sense and completely fair to all.

If a violation is deemed to be a Level 1, the penalty should be X. Level 2 should be X. Level 3 should be X. A certain number of Level ones should be X post season ban.

But common sense is lacking everywhere
    Agreed. It's obvious what the NCAA's intent with the matrix was now. Have a piece of literature that looks tough to show off, but leave themselves plenty of room to go light when it actually comes down to punishing someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Agreed. It's obvious what the NCAA's intent with the matrix was now. Have a piece of literature that looks tough to show off, but leave themselves plenty of room to go light when it actually comes down to punishing someone.
    The "matrix" is so broad and vague that it allows them to do nothing as was the case with om. They are so afraid of a lawsuit that they will never punish another school in a meaningful way ever again, or at least until they have leadership that has a spine.