Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss and the impact of #TheNetworks downfall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I'm not sure the unofficial visits limit is going to deter them. I don't see any practical way for the NCAA to monitor or enforce it.
    You can almost hear them laughing about this from here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it?s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss? fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can?t change who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    100% correct
    Spidey, 100% correct... that she (Lumpy's ex-wife) cheated on him (you) too? or 100% correct... that you can't change who you are?
    Last edited by WSOPdawg; 12-04-2017 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Spidey, 100% correct... that she (Lumpy's ex-wife) cheated on him (you) too? or 100% correct... that you can't change who you are?
    correct that people don't change
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    You can almost hear them laughing about this from here.
    Yep
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    “Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.”
    That is a pretty substantial penalty if it can be enforced. What exactly constitutes an unofficial visit? The recruit getting game tickets and being hosted by the coaches and team without having travel/lodging expenses covered? Anything else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    That is a pretty substantial penalty if it can be enforced. What exactly constitutes an unofficial visit? The recruit getting game tickets and being hosted by the coaches and team without having travel/lodging expenses covered? Anything else?
    well for om it usually included night time companionship and other enticements, the car keys and $'s came later. None of that will change just they have gotten an ok from the ncaa now.

vCash
    Im going to keep that one on the DL.
    That is for the best.

vCash
    Lost in the echo of what many deem as ?disappointing? is this specific sanction: ?Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.?

Let that sink in. Based on our (the elitedawgs) intel, most of the infractions that OM partakes in are during the ?unofficial visits?.

Now- dwell on this. OM lost these things thru this investigation:
    - Hugh Freeze
    - Cam Akers (see my other thread that Ive bumped)
    - 2 bowl games
    - $20 million
    - 13 schollys
    - AND the asst coach (Farrar) with the black book that ran the empire

Id say the OM was hit significantly. Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM. Its also a fact that he did not enroll at OM only because of the looming investigation. This info came straight from a former coach to my ears. You can see that thread here: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...-an-Old-friend
    Everything you say is true, but they should have gotten hit with 30 scholarships.

vCash
    They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.

vCash
    Once they lose the appeal and they vacate 7 seasons, the SEC should ask for 7 years of bowl money back. That should be about a $50M fine. I’ll be satisfied with the penalties if that happens.

vCash
    It's no coincidence that when a certain judge buyer got out of jail their recruiting rankings shot up. The same cronies that were bought are still in place and love owning people. Be it whores or football players. They were taping people for gods sake. Why ? The governor just had a building named for him on campus, he's more property .The head of the snake is still intact. The ones they caught were low hanging fruit . It will soon be business as usual.
    Did they ever release the name of all the boosters ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Entodawg View Post
    Once they lose the appeal and they vacate 7 seasons, the SEC should ask for 7 years of bowl money back. That should be about a $50M fine. I?ll be satisfied with the penalties if that happens.
    very close to 0% chance this happens.

vCash
    I don't understand why they didn't lose more scholarships either. But there is no doubt that there was a lot of collateral damage done. Even being under investigation hurt them a lot and it absolutely will affect them negatively going forward. They lost millions trying to fight the NCAA- not to mention that they aren't going to be very good at football for a few years. Which costs them in the form of season tickets, apparel (people more likely to buy a new t-shirt or hat if the team is doing well), and many other things that aren't seen on the final NCAA docket. The impending 10 or so transfers are going to hurt them as well. I'm also fairly certain Luke won't be successful there and just had his best season in his career for them. Unless he gets incredibly lucky again- you'll have to excuse me for not believing that beating Kentucky on the last play and hurting MSU's QB as a sustainable game plan for success. And we all know how Ole Miss coaching tenures end- usually with a massive bridge being burned.

Yes, they probably will keep cheating- but they're going to have to be a lot more careful about it. Or they're going to have to spend more millions fighting the NCAA again. At least until 2020.

They also won't be going up against Dan Mullen in recruiting which to be honest was a big factor in why they were able to recruit certain position groups well in state- like WR and o-line specifically- but didn't fare nearly as well on the defensive side of the ball where most of Dan's best recruiters were.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.
    bookmark this. I'm thinking you will be wrong here vegas. I'm sure you are hoping I'm right, but time will surely tell very soon. no?

Banned
    vCash
    My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-unofficial visit thing is a joke
    -disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.
    -They kept Luke who knows the drill
    -They somehow kept Bjork and he's more than willing

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Haha...I wouldn't do Spiderman like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Exactly. Hell, their 2019 class is already picking up. I fully expect them their recruiting to get back to normal within 2 years.

The ONLY real penalties they got were:

2018 ruined due to ongoing investigation
    Loss of bowl game next year
    Hiring Matt Luke

Maybe #3 will be the worst part and will hurt. But if so, they won't keep him long.

Banned
    vCash
    retaining Luke is quite telling. says they are 17'd for the foreseeable future knowing nobody worth a damn would come near that job.

vCash
    the real NETWORK is still very much intact....these guys named so far are just wannabes. this will not be more than a slight hiccup for the time-proven methods they use, they'll just put more controls in place....if those recruits thought recording Leo's mom was excessive, they need to buckle up because they ain't seen nothing yet!!! don't be surprised at how high-tech the enemy goes in this from this moment forward. best to be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves from this point forward....that. is. all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-unofficial visit thing is a joke
    -disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.
    -They kept Luke who knows the drill
    -They somehow kept Bjork and he's more than willing

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.
    That's the thing though- for them to go to the Sugar Bowl and things like that they HAVE to recruit National. They have a hard time recruiting against MSU even with Dan there at certain positions- particularly on the defensive side of the ball- and we are likely about to improve our recruiting and also are in a period of sustained success. Heck, the only way that they have been able to compete against us the past ten years was to recruit nationally as well. Or hurt our QB.

And if they recruit nationally, if you are a recruit and all things are equal, where would you choose to go if you are a recruit and your options are say Alabama, Notre Dame, or whoever the local blueblood schools (For example Texas, A&M, TCU, for a player from Texas) are?

They are not the top school in the state anymore and the enrollment figures reflect that and they are starting to lose power in the positions that they have traditionally held power for years.

And believe me they never have stopped going local even after 2013 at all.