Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To the fans in the GT & surrounding areas..

vCash

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It?s been tht way for one game in history that I?m aware of. It was also free if you didn?t have a ticket. The infamous ?Riff Raff? game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, ?They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.? A legend was born.
    I was there. I was a SR in HS. Took my buddy up there 45 miles away in a S-10 loaded down with Class 8 truck tires in the back, well at least 1 maybe 2. Made it to and fro and was a merry time had by all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    No money? Parking and season tickets, plus game day sales gotta add up to something. If I remember they calculated some value to the school for their trip to the finals.
    Last year generated less that 200k. This year the hope is A quarter of a million. That's no money. Most people get in free unless it's a big game. Season tickets cost next to nothing except for reserved seats which we sale very few of or have in the past can't speak for his year. But either way they are dirt cheap. Ga tickets on game day for adults are $5. Kids are free. Game day sales? Concessions? That's part of a contract. Like I said, gonna lose 4 mil or close when all things accounted for. I'm cool w it w the product we have. Only 2 sports make money anyway.

vCash
    After giving it some thought about ticket prices and other , I realize that you are correct. At least they are getting the school a lot of attention nationally.

On another note tuned in to the #5 Gators and Seminoles., a very sparse crowd except for the students. Other than Ky, that pretty well the norm for the ooc games for all schools in SEC, and if losing the students are no shows as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    After giving it some thought about ticket prices and other , I realize that you are correct. At least they are getting the school a lot of attention nationally.

On another note tuned in to the #5 Gators and Seminoles., a very sparse crowd except for the students. Other than Ky, that pretty well the norm for the ooc games for all schools in SEC, and if losing the students are no shows as well.
    Agreed. Like I said, I'm glad we are good. But to go along w what I said to dawg 61, something has to pay for it. Espn can't pay for everything, which seems to be the standard response, "we've got sec network money". Yes we do and we figure out a way to spend it too! And still have needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Cause nobody is sitting in their seats during all the home games. We'll make more money by reselling the open seats and by making all the games first come first serve. It's the same reason why lots of restaurants don't take reservations on weekends. It's amazing to me that so many people feel like they should get the right to have a "reserved seat" yet suffer zero consequences when they leave their seats open every single game. I have said this before. The season tickets holders should press a button on their phone saying they are attending the game. If they don't their tickets should go up for resale 24 hrs before tipoff. Now MSU makes double off that seat that currently is being left empty. This way you can keep buying season tickets but those seats left empty will be taken by a general admission sale. MSU makes more money and the seats are filled.

I promise you that attendance would not have changed at all on Sunday if we did not have season tickets.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Agreed. Like I said, I'm glad we are good. But to go along w what I said to dawg 61, something has to pay for it. Espn can't pay for everything, which seems to be the standard response, "we've got sec network money". Yes we do and we figure out a way to spend it too! And still have needs.
    heh hey...hmmm, heh. you said "network"