Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
I was a season ticket holder with my Dad for over 20 years. We gave them up when his health got bad enough he could no
Longer go. A few observations on attendance: 1) we have never had great attendance for games prior to New Years. It?s worse now but it?s never been good. 2) We used to have a core group that was at nearly every game. They were long time season ticket holders who were promised they could keep the same seats as long as they bought tickets. A lot were yall?s despised blue hairs but many weren?t. There were groups that got rowdy no matter how old they were. They knew everyone around them and knew where the acceptable boundaries were. It made for a great crowd. It also kept people coming back because even if somebody in your group couldn?t make it and you had to go by yourself you knew there would be friends around at the game. Greg Byrne destroyed that. He repudiated the promise. He also instituted reseating the Hump every year. That meant you never knew who you would be sitting around and it was never the same from year to year. We kept ours for a while after that and we never sat by the same people game to game, much less year to year. All of the seats around us s were corporate seats. They were just as likely to have opponents or neutrals as Dawgs. And if they were Dawgs they were never rowdy. These were dang good seats remember. That hurt the atmosphere big time, and that hurt crowd size. Splitting the student section at the same time was a gigantic mistake. 3) winning makes for big crowds. We haven?t done much of that lately.
Yep. We have the worst home crowd atmosphere I've ever seen. Every time I look on TV I see fans going crazy behind the goals on FT's. Our fans are just sitting there. It is terrible and embarrassing. The students need to cover behind both goals and along the sideline opposite the benches. Even when we have a good crowd, they act like they are at a f&@*ing theatre show or something. They clap but are always on their ass for most of the game.