Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To the fans in the GT & surrounding areas..

vCash

To the fans in the GT & surrounding areas..

17 you for not supporting this team.
    The season ticket fans in the lower bowl who don't show up, 17 you too.

Great turnout by the students. Props to the fans that came out and supported the team tonight. They deserve our support.

vCash
    Our fans have never shown up in the month of December
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I went to the girls game, and had no where to go for the 4 hours in between games, and driving back to Shannon and then turning around was a little too much. I did feel bad about not being there for them. Q would have made that shot right in front of me, and I hate I missed that.

Banned
    vCash
    Problem is the same as always. MSU catering to the season ticket holders at the cost of actual bodies in the seats. Need to make the tickets like you're going to the movies. First come first serve. Don't buy tickets to every movie in the year if you're only attending Star Wars on New Years eve. It's that simple. Stop buying season tickets if you're only going to the Bama and Kentucky games. This shit is like 1980's style stupid. We'll never be a big time SEC basketball program as long as we continue to bend over backwards for people that don't come to the games they bought tickets for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    17 you for not supporting this team.
    The season ticket fans in the lower bowl who don't show up, 17 you too.

Great turnout by the students. Props to the fans that came out and supported the team tonight. They deserve our support.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    The golden triangle is a football and baseball area. Always has been.

vCash
    This is the way the baseball games will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Problem is the same as always. MSU catering to the season ticket holders at the cost of actual bodies in the seats. Need to make the tickets like you're going to the movies. First come first serve. Don't buy tickets to every movie in the year if you're only attending Star Wars on New Years eve. It's that simple. Stop buying season tickets if you're only going to the Bama and Kentucky games. This shit is like 1980's style stupid. We'll never be a big time SEC basketball program as long as we continue to bend over backwards for people that don't come to the games they bought tickets for.
    You can kiss the Bulldog Club goodbye if you do. I assume you do mean for football and baseball as well.

vCash
    I was a season ticket holder with my Dad for over 20 years. We gave them up when his health got bad enough he could no
    Longer go. A few observations on attendance: 1) we have never had great attendance for games prior to New Years. It’s worse now but it’s never been good. 2) We used to have a core group that was at nearly every game. They were long time season ticket holders who were promised they could keep the same seats as long as they bought tickets. A lot were yall’s despised blue hairs but many weren’t. There were groups that got rowdy no matter how old they were. They knew everyone around them and knew where the acceptable boundaries were. It made for a great crowd. It also kept people coming back because even if somebody in your group couldn’t make it and you had to go by yourself you knew there would be friends around at the game. Greg Byrne destroyed that. He repudiated the promise. He also instituted reseating the Hump every year. That meant you never knew who you would be sitting around and it was never the same from year to year. We kept ours for a while after that and we never sat by the same people game to game, much less year to year. All of the seats around us s were corporate seats. They were just as likely to have opponents or neutrals as Dawgs. And if they were Dawgs they were never rowdy. These were dang good seats remember. That hurt the atmosphere big time, and that hurt crowd size. Splitting the student section at the same time was a gigantic mistake. 3) winning makes for big crowds. We haven’t done much of that lately.

vCash
    No one has ever attended December games. What are you smoking? Football is still rolling.
    Yes- that Behr

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I was a season ticket holder with my Dad for over 20 years. We gave them up when his health got bad enough he could no
    Longer go. A few observations on attendance: 1) we have never had great attendance for games prior to New Years. It?s worse now but it?s never been good. 2) We used to have a core group that was at nearly every game. They were long time season ticket holders who were promised they could keep the same seats as long as they bought tickets. A lot were yall?s despised blue hairs but many weren?t. There were groups that got rowdy no matter how old they were. They knew everyone around them and knew where the acceptable boundaries were. It made for a great crowd. It also kept people coming back because even if somebody in your group couldn?t make it and you had to go by yourself you knew there would be friends around at the game. Greg Byrne destroyed that. He repudiated the promise. He also instituted reseating the Hump every year. That meant you never knew who you would be sitting around and it was never the same from year to year. We kept ours for a while after that and we never sat by the same people game to game, much less year to year. All of the seats around us s were corporate seats. They were just as likely to have opponents or neutrals as Dawgs. And if they were Dawgs they were never rowdy. These were dang good seats remember. That hurt the atmosphere big time, and that hurt crowd size. Splitting the student section at the same time was a gigantic mistake. 3) winning makes for big crowds. We haven?t done much of that lately.
    Yep. We have the worst home crowd atmosphere I've ever seen. Every time I look on TV I see fans going crazy behind the goals on FT's. Our fans are just sitting there. It is terrible and embarrassing. The students need to cover behind both goals and along the sideline opposite the benches. Even when we have a good crowd, they act like they are at a f&@*ing theatre show or something. They clap but are always on their ass for most of the game.
    No Signature

vCash
    Basketball is like this for our fan base. Fans show up after we win or if we are projected to be good. They don’t show up consistently for a team that hasn’t proven itself.

That being said I think this team has proven it’s at least better than the other ones we’ve had. We’ve won games previous teams would have lost. 7-0 is something our fan base should be able to get behind.

I’ll add that Warren Nolan has our RPI at 47. I know it’s early but that’s very hopeful that we are moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 12-04-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    You can kiss the Bulldog Club goodbye if you do. I assume you do mean for football and baseball as well.
    See ya later hostage takers. Make the entire Hump first come first serve.

vCash
    Longer go. A few observations on attendance: 1) we have never had great attendance for games prior to New Years. It’s worse now but it’s never been good. 2) We used to have a core group that was at nearly every game. They were long time season ticket holders who were promised they could keep the same seats as long as they bought tickets. A lot were yall’s despised blue hairs but many weren’t. There were groups that got rowdy no matter how old they were. They knew everyone around them and knew where the acceptable boundaries were. It made for a great crowd. It also kept people coming back because even if somebody in your group couldn’t make it and you had to go by yourself you knew there would be friends around at the game. Greg Byrne destroyed that. He repudiated the promise. He also instituted reseating the Hump every year. That meant you never knew who you would be sitting around and it was never the same from year to year. We kept ours for a while after that and we never sat by the same people game to game, much less year to year. All of the seats around us s were corporate seats. They were just as likely to have opponents or neutrals as Dawgs. And if they were Dawgs they were never rowdy. These were dang good seats remember. That hurt the atmosphere big time, and that hurt crowd size. Splitting the student section at the same time was a gigantic mistake. 3) winning makes for big crowds. We haven’t done much of that lately.
    Bingo. December has never been great attendance but when they re-seated everyone several year ago it broke up the local supporters that were there consistently and sat in lower sections. Now those same are spread everywhere high and low and broken up the local continuity of support. Televised events hurts also but being there is a better experience than watching on television.

I suggest that all Pre-SEC games be General Admission seating no matter how you got your tickets. First come, first serve. That would insure the lower sections being closer to full. Let the big donors know what is happening and they can carve out some special seating for them if they let the TO know they are coming by a certain day/time before the game.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. Should be first come first served on the seats. And the entire side of the court opposite the team bench should be students by default.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    It’s been tht way for one game in history that I’m aware of. It was also free if you didn’t have a ticket. The infamous “Riff Raff” game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, “They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.” A legend was born.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Just for basketball. Baseball and football can stay the way they are. Basketball should be general admission, first come first serve.
    I checked the other day for a few nice tickets. There were only a few lower level right behind the goal around row 11. They were 5 dollars each. Good. I bought 3.
    When I got to the game, there were 1000s of open seats in the lower bowl at tip off. I waited 10 minutes, then moved to the lower corner row 4 with my family. It was just absurd that there were only a few tickets available yet the building was practically empty. Our boys are playing hard and deserve to have fans around the court filled at tipoff.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    It’s been tht way for one game in history that I’m aware of. It was also free if you didn’t have a ticket. The infamous “Riff Raff” game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, “They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.” A legend was born.
    This sounds awesome and there's zero reason every game can't be like this. (Not free though) Shannondawg I don't want BC members to get upset and drop out of the BC. I appreciate all of those that donate and buy season tickets for any sport. The solution I propose is building a BC skybox style area that is very nice and overlooks the court. Make it look like a fancy restaurant/bar with couch style seats, tv's, free food/drink and servers. The Hump atmosphere won't suffer one bit if nobody shows up to hang out in there BC season ticket area and there can be first come first serve for the rest of the Hump. Everybody is happy. The hump is packed and there's a special area for BC members.

vCash
    Just to add, first come first serve, but if people come in with the actual ticket, you move.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Dumbest idea ever... Wait.. you will say do that with the football stadium next.

Takes money to have successful coaches and programs....

To the young student yelling screw all the people who don't show up..
    Shut up.. enjoy your free tickets and the wins.

The support will come with better opponents and more wins... and more sustained success over multiple years.