Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
It’s been tht way for one game in history that I’m aware of. It was also free if you didn’t have a ticket. The infamous “Riff Raff” game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, “They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.” A legend was born.
This sounds awesome and there's zero reason every game can't be like this. (Not free though) Shannondawg I don't want BC members to get upset and drop out of the BC. I appreciate all of those that donate and buy season tickets for any sport. The solution I propose is building a BC skybox style area that is very nice and overlooks the court. Make it look like a fancy restaurant/bar with couch style seats, tv's, free food/drink and servers. The Hump atmosphere won't suffer one bit if nobody shows up to hang out in there BC season ticket area and there can be first come first serve for the rest of the Hump. Everybody is happy. The hump is packed and there's a special area for BC members.