Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the fans in the GT & surrounding areas..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

To the fans in the GT & surrounding areas..

17 you for not supporting this team.
    The season ticket fans in the lower bowl who don't show up, 17 you too.

Great turnout by the students. Props to the fans that came out and supported the team tonight. They deserve our support.

vCash
    Our fans have never shown up in the month of December
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I went to the girls game, and had no where to go for the 4 hours in between games, and driving back to Shannon and then turning around was a little too much. I did feel bad about not being there for them. Q would have made that shot right in front of me, and I hate I missed that.

Banned
    vCash
    Problem is the same as always. MSU catering to the season ticket holders at the cost of actual bodies in the seats. Need to make the tickets like you're going to the movies. First come first serve. Don't buy tickets to every movie in the year if you're only attending Star Wars on New Years eve. It's that simple. Stop buying season tickets if you're only going to the Bama and Kentucky games. This shit is like 1980's style stupid. We'll never be a big time SEC basketball program as long as we continue to bend over backwards for people that don't come to the games they bought tickets for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Problem is the same as always. MSU catering to the season ticket holders at the cost of actual bodies in the seats. Need to make the tickets like you're going to the movies. First come first serve. Don't buy tickets to every movie in the year if you're only attending Star Wars on New Years eve. It's that simple. Stop buying season tickets if you're only going to the Bama and Kentucky games. This shit is like 1980's style stupid. We'll never be a big time SEC basketball program as long as we continue to bend over backwards for people that don't come to the games they bought tickets for.
    You can kiss the Bulldog Club goodbye if you do. I assume you do mean for football and baseball as well.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    You can kiss the Bulldog Club goodbye if you do. I assume you do mean for football and baseball as well.
    See ya later hostage takers. Make the entire Hump first come first serve.

vCash
    It’s been tht way for one game in history that I’m aware of. It was also free if you didn’t have a ticket. The infamous “Riff Raff” game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, “They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.” A legend was born.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It’s been tht way for one game in history that I’m aware of. It was also free if you didn’t have a ticket. The infamous “Riff Raff” game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, “They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.” A legend was born.
    This sounds awesome and there's zero reason every game can't be like this. (Not free though) Shannondawg I don't want BC members to get upset and drop out of the BC. I appreciate all of those that donate and buy season tickets for any sport. The solution I propose is building a BC skybox style area that is very nice and overlooks the court. Make it look like a fancy restaurant/bar with couch style seats, tv's, free food/drink and servers. The Hump atmosphere won't suffer one bit if nobody shows up to hang out in there BC season ticket area and there can be first come first serve for the rest of the Hump. Everybody is happy. The hump is packed and there's a special area for BC members.

Banned
    vCash

I was at that game

It?s been tht way for one game in history that I?m aware of. It was also free if you didn?t have a ticket. The infamous ?Riff Raff? game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, ?They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.? A legend was born.
    My girlfriend and I walked (skidded and slipped) from Arbour Acres to the Hump. Before the game I had a 102 degree fever and felt like shit...but I just needed to get out of the apartment.

Anyway, my fever (quite literally) broke when Ken Harvey connected clocked that Bammer Center who kept cheap-shotting him. That was probably the wildest crowd I've ever seen at the Hump (second would be the 2004 MSU-OM game where Stans got ejected early and the vacant chair beat Ole Miss 84-56).

vCash

LMAO

It?s been tht way for one game in history that I?m aware of. It was also free if you didn?t have a ticket. The infamous ?Riff Raff? game with Bama back in the early 80s was supposedly one of the most raucous crowds of all time. The Golden Triangle was a complete hockey rink due to snow/sleet/freezing rain. Bama was already there so they elected to play the game. The word was put out that if you could get there, they would let you in, ticket or not. I was a student but l lived over on Lynn Lane. I tried to get there and nearly cracked up my car in the parking lot. From what I heard the crowd was basically students and locals who lived in walking distance. It supposedly was a small but wild crowd, and then some. MSU beat a favored Bama team. After the game Alabama coach Wimp Sanderson was asked about the crowd and he said, ?They opens up the doors and let the riff raff in.? A legend was born.
    I was there. I was a SR in HS. Took my buddy up there 45 miles away in a S-10 loaded down with Class 8 truck tires in the back, well at least 1 maybe 2. Made it to and fro and was a merry time had by all.

vCash
    Dumbest idea ever... Wait.. you will say do that with the football stadium next.

Takes money to have successful coaches and programs....

To the young student yelling screw all the people who don't show up..
    Shut up.. enjoy your free tickets and the wins.

The support will come with better opponents and more wins... and more sustained success over multiple years.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Dumbest idea ever... Wait.. you will say do that with the football stadium next.

Takes money to have successful coaches and programs....

To the young student yelling screw all the people who don't show up..
    Shut up.. enjoy your free tickets and the wins.

The support will come with better opponents and more wins... and more sustained success over multiple years.
    We have money. Thanks ESPN. We'll make more money by filing the Hump every game with locals than we currently make by selling season tickets to empty bodies. Tired of the Hump atmosphere being held hostage by the same grumpy 2,000 that never show besides twice a year. You don't donate money to MSU because you expect something in return for it and you certainly shouldn't expect to have a seat in the Hump stay empty for you 18 times a season.

vCash
    Sounds great. Until it's time to pay bills. Something has to pay the bills. And w women's hoops losing 4 million a year(and I'm all for us being good mind you) something has to help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Sounds great. Until it's time to pay bills. Something has to pay the bills. And w women's hoops losing 4 million a year(and I'm all for us being good mind you) something has to help.
    Amen on that Homedawg! Not just from ticket revenue, but bulldog club donations really play into seat priority, and don't think it doesn't.

Not to change the subject, but is the women bb program still losing money? The reserved season tickets are sold out, and the general admission is pretty solid on the lower level, we haven't gotten to the point that the upper level has many fans but if they keep winning, the sec games may start filling up the upper level.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Just for basketball. Baseball and football can stay the way they are. Basketball should be general admission, first come first serve.
    I checked the other day for a few nice tickets. There were only a few lower level right behind the goal around row 11. They were 5 dollars each. Good. I bought 3.
    When I got to the game, there were 1000s of open seats in the lower bowl at tip off. I waited 10 minutes, then moved to the lower corner row 4 with my family. It was just absurd that there were only a few tickets available yet the building was practically empty. Our boys are playing hard and deserve to have fans around the court filled at tipoff.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. Should be first come first served on the seats. And the entire side of the court opposite the team bench should be students by default.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Problem is the same as always. MSU catering to the season ticket holders at the cost of actual bodies in the seats. Need to make the tickets like you're going to the movies. First come first serve.

This is a terrible take. Why would the athletic department stop selling season tickets?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    This is a terrible take. Why would the athletic department stop selling season tickets?
    Cause nobody is sitting in their seats during all the home games. We'll make more money by reselling the open seats and by making all the games first come first serve. It's the same reason why lots of restaurants don't take reservations on weekends. It's amazing to me that so many people feel like they should get the right to have a "reserved seat" yet suffer zero consequences when they leave their seats open every single game. I have said this before. The season tickets holders should press a button on their phone saying they are attending the game. If they don't their tickets should go up for resale 24 hrs before tipoff. Now MSU makes double off that seat that currently is being left empty. This way you can keep buying season tickets but those seats left empty will be taken by a general admission sale. MSU makes more money and the seats are filled.

vCash
    Cause nobody is sitting in their seats during all the home games. We'll make more money by reselling the open seats and by making all the games first come first serve. It's the same reason why lots of restaurants don't take reservations on weekends. It's amazing to me that so many people feel like they should get the right to have a "reserved seat" yet suffer zero consequences when they leave their seats open every single game. I have said this before. The season tickets holders should press a button on their phone saying they are attending the game. If they don't their tickets should go up for resale 24 hrs before tipoff. Now MSU makes double off that seat that currently is being left empty. This way you can keep buying season tickets but those seats left empty will be taken by a general admission sale. MSU makes more money and the seats are filled.
    This could potentially cause a whole host of problems with older gen/forgetful people. If person A is a season ticket holder and forgets to push his button because as we all know life can get in the way of remembering things from time to time and person B buys that ticket how do you handle who gets to sit in that seat when they both show up? If it is a big game in a packed house it becomes a real problem.

I assure you once we get into conference play if we are still playing well you will see the Hump fill back up. A lot of these season ticket owners donate a lot more than just the minimum to receive season tickets lower level etc. Last thing you want to do is piss off some of the top 3-5% of your donors by giving their seats away.

My issue is with the business and corps that buy 15 season tickets and have nobody sitting at the games ever. The company my wife works for has 12 seats and nobody uses them. They maybe have someone at 3-5 games a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    This could potentially cause a whole host of problems with older gen/forgetful people. If person A is a season ticket holder and forgets to push his button because as we all know life can get in the way of remembering things from time to time and person B buys that ticket how do you handle who gets to sit in that seat when they both show up? If it is a big game in a packed house it becomes a real problem.
    Dawg61's idea is good, but you would have to implement it in the opposite way. Any time with >24 hours from tipoff, you mark that you want your tickets to be resold. In order to act as a reminder, if the ticket gets sold, count it as a small donation to the athletic department in their name, raising their BC Membership rank. Face value $25? Mark that you won't use your two seats and if someone else scoops them up, BOOM! $50 donation to the university in your name.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?