Thread: Tidefans Article on OM Sanctions..... link...

vCash

Tidefans Article on OM Sanctions..... link...

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Spot on.

Still can't believe how easy they got off.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Spot on.

Still can't believe how easy they got off.
    You mean how easy “we” got off. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    You mean how easy “we” got off. Lol
    I can take the jokes.

But I'm like Thomas Jefferson when he was accused of being a British sympathizer during the 1st Continental Congress. He said (Paraphrasing from memory and a discussion with Dr. Godbold, my Fr year history prof, over whiskey, pipes and a cigar) " I tell you if I were God, the whole island of England, and all those on it, would be sunk beneath the sea, but I'm not God, and must live in the real world."
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    excellent article that hopefully many people read. Either we have amateur athletics or we have semi-pro teams, the om "sanctions" from the ncaa was an invitation to the wild west of cheating.

vCash
    Good article, although I believe the author missed the mark by saying, "OM should be put back in their place."

The rest of the article was spot on, but there isn't & should not be some entitled pecking order within the SEC that says schools like MSU & OM should not be able to win. There is no rightful place for either school & we should have the same opportunity to win as Bama or anyone else. I thought the author showed arrogance with that remark & it hurt the overall quality & credibility of the piece. It made him look like a Bama fan instead of someone trying to write something respectful

Every other point was spot on though. The penalties were completely mind-boggling when looking at what they were charged & found guilty of. Basically the court just sentenced a bank robber to 3 months in prison.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-03-2017 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    I hope this article goes viral!!!!
    I hope there?s many more articles just like it!!!!

Hey...maybe ?the entire college football world?(less the slapped on the wrist peckerheads up north)
    can sue the NCAA for not doing their job!!!

ETA....and while I?m thinking about it...let?s create a go fund me and entice every halfway decent player away. There appears to be nothing wrong w that.
    Last edited by DLGDawg; 12-03-2017 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Good article, although I believe the author missed the mark by saying, "OM should be put back in their place."

The rest of the article was spot on, but there isn't & should not be some entitled pecking order within the SEC that says schools like MSU & OM should not be able to win. There is no rightful place for either school & we should have the same opportunity to win as Bama or anyone else. I thought the author showed arrogance with that remark & it hurt the overall quality & credibility of the piece. It made him look like a Bama fan instead of someone trying to write something respectful

Every other point was spot on though. The penalties were completely mind-boggling when looking at what they were charged & found guilty of. Basically the court just sentenced a bank robber to 3 months in prison.
    The article was written by Editor-in-Chief of tidefans.com. What do you expect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I can take the jokes.

But I'm like Thomas Jefferson when he was accused of being a British sympathizer during the 1st Continental Congress. He said (Paraphrasing from memory and a discussion with Dr. Godbold, my Fr year history prof, over whiskey, pipes and a cigar) " I tell you if I were God, the whole island of England, and all those on it, would be sunk beneath the sea, but I'm not God, and must live in the real world."
    TJ was nothing more and nothing less than a grimy survivor and pimp. Dude was so unsatisfactory as a person that GW wanted nothing to do with him and regretted ever having him around. TJ would have fellated Banastre Tarleton to get mercy had GW not won the war

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    TJ was nothing more and nothing less than a grimy survivor and pimp. Dude was so unsatisfactory as a person that GW wanted nothing to do with him and regretted ever having him around. TJ would have fellated Banastre Tarleton to get mercy had GW not won the war
    OMG.

I see by your user named where you stand

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

The colonials loathed Tarleton, because he used the same tactics against the Colonials that we used against the Redcoats. Fortunately, Francis Marion, Thomas Sumter, William R. Davie, Andrew Pickens, and Elijah Clarke held off the Brits until we achieved a strategic victory at The Battle of Cowpens, and eventually got Cornwallis surrounded at Yorktown.
    Last edited by Mutt the Hoople; 12-03-2017 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Completely agree. The article was pretty much spot on, but the arrogance and entitlement really hurt its credibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    The article was written by Editor-in-Chief of tidefans.com. What do you expect?
    Yes, but its the mindset of the SEC in general. That is why you have bias in so many things, especially officiating. I will grant you overall things are much better than they were 30 years ago but the make no mistake, this line of thinking is still very much alive and well. Probably another thing Don Mullins got tired of dealing with.