Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Basketball vs Dayton

vCash
    Who is the guy we use to have years ago Timmy Bowers? Is That his name.

vCash
    I?ll take the win, but was that a double dribble on Q? After the steal he had two out of control dribbles then picked the ball up to reset the dribble. Just curious

vCash
    Great qin mentally
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Q is the unquestioned leader of this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It was poor effort. They were getting every hustle play and we were just standing around watching. They turned it up, and we didn't answer.
    It was extremely poor effort. It was poor offensive strategy too. We were doing well getting into the teeth of the zone earlier and then went full retard

vCash
    That was honestly the worst passing game by a college basketball team I have ever seen. Passes were slow when they needed to be firm.....and too fast when they needed to be soft. But a win is a win...and very good defense for 25 minutes was enough to build the lead to avoid what would have been a disastrous loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I?ll take the win, but was that a double dribble on Q? After the steal he had two out of control dribbles then picked the ball up to reset the dribble. Just curious
    It only counts as a dribble once you establish possession of the ball. So if you slap the ball without possessing the ball you can pick it up then start your dribble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    That was honestly the worst passing game by a college basketball team I have ever seen. Passes were slow when they needed to be firm.....and too fast when they needed to be soft. But a win is a win...and very good defense for 25 minutes was enough to build the lead to avoid what would have been a disastrous loss.
    I agree. Horrible passing and awareness. I will say Grants teams can make you look ugly if you aren't knocking down shots.

Banned
    vCash
    We have yet to have a full roster available for a game. Ado was hurt, Stapleton was hurt, then Peters gets suspended, then Datcher gets hurt and now Eli is suspended. Can we just have a couple games with everyone available so we can start gaining some consistency.

vCash
    When is Howland going to coach again? Talent is winning. It dang sure isn't coaching.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    When is Howland going to coach again? Talent is winning. It dang sure isn't coaching.
    When he recovers from getting fired from UCLA. Still waiting on him to get over it.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like our guys just won on talent today. Should have lost the game, but a win is a win. I will take 30 more of those types of wins. Howland needs to teach some offensive schemes and plays. We had terrible trouble getting the ball inside against the zone. We passed the ball slow at times. We didn't pick up the ball in transition. We didn't cover the first guy they passed too after we didn't pick up in transition. We were ice cold on threes.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    That was the most lopsided called foulings I have seen this year. Officiating dictated their comeback. Grant’s teams foul and yet there was a 7-2 foul difference favoring them for the majority of their comeback. Pitiful. Their defense was able to foul at will while they called a ton of touch fouls on us leading to the middle opening up for them to get layups and freethrows. At least we were able to overcome the refs as well and come out with a win. A win is a win and we are 7-0.

vCash
    Peters had 3 points. That kid needs to get his shit together. He obviously has talent but when you miss games for a suspension and you have to be worked back into the lineup it is detrimental to the team. And apparently Wright has the same thing going on. Staying out of trouble is part of the deal. They need to mature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Looks like our guys just won on talent today. Should have lost the game, but a win is a win. I will take 30 more of those types of wins. Howland needs to teach some offensive schemes and plays. We had terrible trouble getting the ball inside against the zone. We passed the ball slow at times. We didn't pick up the ball in transition. We didn't cover the first guy they passed too after we didn't pick up in transition. We were ice cold on threes.
    Dayton?s traps they were able to foul at will. When Dayton ?turned up? the defense, what they were doing was fouling until the refs called it. Well the refs never called it. Hard to play an offensive scheme when the other team is able to slap, push, and do anything they want. I saw at least ten times there should have been an and 1 or shooting two on our offensive end and no foul calls to be found.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Agree, our half court offense is not good and our defense isn't much better. I really thought Howland was a guy that taught hard nosed defense. I haven't seen it since he's been here.

vCash
    The thing that is going to hurt us this year is that we still have a weak post presence. Ado is a huge boost there from last year, but that's not saying a whole lot. Ado has good hands and he doesn't hesitate like many young big men do, but he's still raw in terms of inside scoring ability. He and Datcher are really going to have to continue to make strides in the next month for us to have a chance at an NCAA bid. I think Herard is still, best case, a year away from being a consistent contributor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The thing that is going to hurt us this year is that we still have a weak post presence. Ado is a huge boost there from last year, but that's not saying a whole lot. Ado has good hands and he doesn't hesitate like many young big men do, but he's still raw in terms of inside scoring ability. He and Datcher are really going to have to continue to make strides in the next month for us to have a chance at an NCAA bid. I think Herard is still, best case, a year away from being a consistent contributor.
    If he gets healthy soon, I think datcher will be our best scoring option down low

vCash
    7-0 is 7-0 but Im starting to think the teams we are playing are just bad and we are slap average. Something just aint right cant put my finger on it. We are so up and down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Agree, our half court offense is not good and our defense isn't much better. I really thought Howland was a guy that taught hard nosed defense. I haven't seen it since he's been here.
    Keep in mind there have been substantial rule changes over the last couple of years designed to increase scoring which limits the ability of teams to play defense as we know and love it in collegiate basketball. The rules on verticality and hand checking in particular(which the SEC seems to embrace more than other conferences) limit defensive play and the new rule this year of resetting the shot clock to 20 after a non shooting foul really penalizes a team for playing defense as the shot clock is winding down.