Thread: Saban wants all 12 games P5 opponents

vCash

Saban wants all 12 games P5 opponents

And he mentioned playing more games.

vCash
    Well Greg Byrne can schedule him 12 P5 games then.

As for everyone else, it's a terrible idea.

vCash
    Kinda sounds like a guy with more depth than anyone else don't it ?

vCash
    Makes him look like the jerk that he is for even proposing it.

vCash

Horrible idea, unless you have as much depth as he has. When the CFP moves to 8

teams, and I think it eventually will, at least two teams could play 16 games.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Wants to kill the non-P5 schools also

vCash
    I wouldn't mind the P5"s splinting away. Let the remaining conferences have their own NC system.

vCash
    It?s about time for Saban to STFU. I hope Clemson beats them by 50.

vCash
    He also supports fanboy journalist-awarded national championships.

vCash
    I would love all P5 games. But I just like watching intriguing football. Outside of a handful of high end non-P5 programs, the games are gimmes (or should be). I’m not saying we should schedule all P5 games if no one else is, but I’m not against it as a policy among the P5 conferences. And realistically, as power continues to consolidate to the P5 programs, they are likely to break away anyway, relegating non-P5 programs to FCS level or some new in between level.

vCash
    It's a very elitist idea. If P5 only plays each other, it makes it effectively impossible for non-P5 to elevate the status of their programs. Might as well relegate them to a different division.

vCash
    Reminds me of the talk on sports radio the other night - have the P5 as the premiere league and two other levels and set up a religation system. Key thing I liked was having championships and playoffs for all levels. Folks would watch, attend, and get into all 3 levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    None P5 teams need these games. But he probably doesn't care. Jerks are jerks

vCash
    FRICK SABAN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Reminds me of the talk on sports radio the other night - have the P5 as the premiere league and two other levels and set up a religation system. Key thing I liked was having championships and playoffs for all levels. Folks would watch, attend, and get into all 3 levels.
    I would strongly oppose any European soccer-style relegation system (as would any Mississippi State fan surely), but I wouldn't object to a "soft" promotion/relegation system in which every few years, a formula based on attendance, win%, budget, etc., determined in any G5 schools had earned the right to become P5 teams, and vice versa. I think we'd be safe long-term.

vCash
    Well I guess this will be unpopular here....

I agree with Saban. Playing G5?s and fcs games does nothing to develop real evidence of who the best 4 are. Go to all P5 games or at least require 11 of 12 to be P5 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Well I guess this will be unpopular here....

I agree with Saban. Playing G5?s and fcs games does nothing to develop real evidence of who the best 4 are. Go to all P5 games or at least require 11 of 12 to be P5 games.
    What this guy said.... There's enough crappy P5 teams to schedule if ya want a "cupcake"...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    **** that noise. There wouldn't be anyone left to play by bowl season. Teams have too many injuries as it is. How are non P5 programs supposed to make money? These things make me question Saban's intelligence.