Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does Bama not get in?

vCash

How does Bama not get in?

Besides the biases in the playoff committee? How are they not in?

vCash
    1). Bama fatigue.
    2). SEC fatigue.
    3). The CFP isn’t completely committed to having the “4 best teams”.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    With their shotguns against the committee?s head? If they can get them out of
    Their rack.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Unfortunately they hurt FSUs qb in a game they would have won anyway. Removing their best win. LSU was all world, then Bama beat them. They lost to Auburn.

I mean, what's worse, OSU loss to Iowa or Bamas loss to Auburn. Wait...OSU actually won the conference game. But, OSU got in last year and they didn't even play in their conference game.

Got to go with Bama.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I'm going to be honest. I don't really feel like Bama is "Bama" this year, other than you know, being 11-1. Never thought I would say that with Saban as HC. They weren't very impressive in wins vs aTm, LSU, or us (granted they did win). But, I fully expected them to lose the Iron Bowl after what I saw against us and the others I mentioned.

Now, I realize this is a very subjective way to think about it, but I'm more or less just justifying my gut feeling. I think we were ranked about right pre Fitz injury, in the 14-16 range. Bama struggled to beat us, and honestly should have lost if Don didn't pull a Don and very typically shit the bed in a big game (although I was pretty happy it was at least at the end of the game this time and we did compete). I don't think it's an accident that it was the first time in the Saban era that we scored more than 20 points in a game.

UGA dominated us. I believe UGA is top 4. I also believe that Clemson would beat us convincingly and are definitely a top 4 team. Judge is out on Okie. I just haven't kept up with the Big XII at all other than seeing Baker Mayfield plant the flag at tOSU, but they are 11-1 Big XII champ with #4 SOS, so I won't argue it.

Barn dominated us as well, and even though I hate to say it, I think they are probably a top 4 team all things considered (Two wins vs #1, #1 SOS, 2 loses that will end up being to playoff teams one of which they already beat handily, etc) but managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against LSU. Obviously with 3 losses there is no way they are getting in, but in all fairness I do feel like they are a better team than Bama and most likely top 4.

All that to say, even though i don't strictly believe that Bama is one of the top 4 teams, I do think they should be in the playoff, because no one under them deserves to jump them. So, Clemson, UGA, Okie, Bama. On a side note, i think it's a joke that Wiscy was even in the conversation with #45 SOS. I don't think they should have gotten in even if they did beat tOSU tonight as a 13-0 B1G champ. I'm sure some traditionalists will take issue with that.
    Last edited by Dawgs87; 12-03-2017 at 03:07 AM.

vCash
    I don't see how we benefit from anything that is good for bama. I dont care if they never win another game.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    There are a bunch of terrific opinions in this thread.

I’d like to know if there is anyone that truly believes they’d bet against Bammer in the CFP...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

I’d like to know if there is anyone that truly believes they’d bet against Bammer in the CFP...
    Bama can't beat any of the other three teams in the cfp. No smash mouth running game, QB can't win the game, and D is soft in the middle. I'm going to be surprised if they take bama over osu although osu is a worse team. Auburn is the 4th best team but they lost their chance. In the end I'm guessing mercer will keep bama out and probably should. Wth is bama doing playing mercer?

vCash
    Alabama deserves to be in. They scheduled FSU, Fresno and CSU OOC. That is a good OOC schedule. Bama couldn’t help it that FSU fell apart. Or that the SEC West was weak. Things is though, they took care of business and only lost
    One game....on the road in a highly emotional rivalry game.

However Espn has been building a case for Ohio State all day and night. Espn will argue conference champion for the Big10. However I think it is telling that the committee ranked Bama 5. It will be interesting to see if Espn talks the committee into placing OHSt in that 4th spot.

Tusks, it is a pick em. I would not touch that bet.

vCash
    Bama lost at Jordan-Hare. That might have been the toughest place to play this season. OSU lost at home to OK and got destroyed by a mediocre Iowa team. I still think Bama gets in. Wisconsin played an easy schedule or they wouldn’t have been undefeated. Penn St. was exposed and lost again after OSU. Michigan was terrible. That 1 loss to 2 should be big, but they’re going to take the conference champion.

vCash

Clemson and Oklahoma look head and shoulders better than Bama this year. So yes i would bet against Bama this year

vCash
    The committee won?t put Alabama in based on the idea of having 2 SEC teams in the championship game again.

vCash
    Bama is out! The end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs87 View Post
    I'm going to be honest. I don't really feel like Bama is "Bama" this year, other than you know, being 11-1. Never thought I would say that with Saban as HC. They weren't very impressive in wins vs aTm, LSU, or us (granted they did win). But, I fully expected them to lose the Iron Bowl after what I saw against us and the others I mentioned.

Now, I realize this is a very subjective way to think about it, but I'm more or less just justifying my gut feeling. I think we were ranked about right pre Fitz injury, in the 14-16 range. Bama struggled to beat us, and honestly should have lost if Don didn't pull a Don and very typically shit the bed in a big game (although I was pretty happy it was at least at the end of the game this time and we did compete). I don't think it's an accident that it was the first time in the Saban era that we scored more than 20 points in a game.

UGA dominated us. I believe UGA is top 4. I also believe that Clemson would beat us convincingly and are definitely a top 4 team. Judge is out on Okie. I just haven't kept up with the Big XII at all other than seeing Baker Mayfield plant the flag at tOSU, but they are 11-1 Big XII champ with #4 SOS, so I won't argue it.

Barn dominated us as well, and even though I hate to say it, I think they are probably a top 4 team all things considered (Two wins vs #1, #1 SOS, 2 loses that will end up being to playoff teams one of which they already beat handily, etc) but managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against LSU. Obviously with 3 losses there is no way they are getting in, but in all fairness I do feel like they are a better team than Bama and most likely top 4.

All that to say, even though i don't strictly believe that Bama is one of the top 4 teams, I do think they should be in the playoff, because no one under them deserves to jump them. So, Clemson, UGA, Okie, Bama. On a side note, i think it's a joke that Wiscy was even in the conversation with #45 SOS. I don't think they should have gotten in even if they did beat tOSU tonight as a 13-0 B1G champ. I'm sure some traditionalists will take issue with that.
    Plus it really helped them that the SEC refs allowed them to have a TD against us that was an obvious illegal touching penalty. SEC refs just too biased to call it properly. So I don't feel sorry one bit for Bama if they don't get in because I still don't feel they beat us legally. I mean what would the result have been in our game if we had been up 24-10 early in the 4th quarter rather than 24-17???

Banned
    vCash
    Bama & OSU have legit cases with the edge going to bamer. They claim it's the 4 best but we'll soon see that's not gonna always be the case. No way the SEC gets 2 while the big 10 gets left out this year. Props to big 10 refs last night too. Had that been a SEC scenario, no way they allow a conference natty get jeopardized.

vCash

I?d like to know if there is anyone that truly believes they?d bet against Bammer in the CFP...
    I would ... all 3 teams. Caveat ... Jawga. Only because Kirby is Saban protege and may get too focused on beating Saban and screw preparation up. Plus, Saban never lost to protege.

I especially would bet with early point spreads I saw last night. Bama -3, -3, and I believe -4 against Clemson, Ok, and Jawga.

ETA: If any of these teams lose to Bama this year, it's because of the "Oh Shit, we're playing Bama and Saban syndrome" by the coach. Not because Bama is better.

I'd also bet on AU against Bama again, as long as Kerryon is healthy.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 12-03-2017 at 11:01 AM.

vCash

Clemson is decisively better than Alabama this year in my mind. Hurts ain't moving the ball on that defense. They are the best team in the country. Oklahoma has a very good chance to beat Alabama as well but would be an interesting first 15 minutes to see who establishes themselves. Georgia v Alabama would be a push for me, and it would also be an incredibly boring game to watch.

vCash
    Wouldn?t care if they were as good as the 72 Dolphins. 3rd place conference teams don?t belong in 4 team national playoffs. They didn?t get it done at home. Sorry, Bama.

vCash
    Bama would likely be favored over every team in the country on a neutral field, but I think the committee will go with the conference champs. If it’s debatable at all, I think the conference championship is the tie breaker for them. To me, that’s giving too much credence to the conference championships though. It’s a “double bump” because Ohio State would not be considered without that win, so the conference championship gets them into the conversation and also becomes the “tie-breaker”? That’s too big of a bump for a 2-loss team with embarrassingly bad losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs87 View Post

This is how I see it also, this is bama's worst team since 08. They struggled with every "decent" team in a&m, state, LSU and FSU... Only good team they played beat them easily. This eye test the media is going on is based on previous years bama teams.

Ohio state is less consistent and therefore has a worse loss, but has beaten some presumably good teams