Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Moore Cowbell Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Moore Cowbell Edition

Well fellas, we have a new coach and we have some title games this weekend. I spent all day in the Batson ER with Beast Jr having breathing difficulties due to a nasty cold but things have stabilized and the weekend is looking up. Smoking a french cut (bone-in) pork loin Saturday on the Weber and getting in the woods for the first time Sunday in search of a doe to fill the freezer. Cheers
    Last edited by BeastMan; 12-01-2017 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    Dang Beast, I hope all is well. Will be thinking about the little one.

Beers at an Irish pub in Manhattan and heading to Keen?s steakhouse shortly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Dang Beast, I hope all is well. Will be thinking about the little one.

Beers at an Irish pub in Manhattan and heading to Keen?s steakhouse shortly.
    He's good now just have to do breathing treatments at home for a few days until he shakes it. Luckily my wife is a nicu nurse so he'll get good care.

Sounds like a great night in NYC. Just cannot have an experience like that in MS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    He's good now just have to do breathing treatments at home for a few days until he shakes it. Luckily my wife is a nicu nurse so he'll get good care.

Sounds like a great night in NYC. Just cannot have an experience like that in MS
    Really glad your boy is doing ok, Beast.

vCash
    Well fellas, we have a new coach and we have some title games this weekend. I spent all day in the Batson ER with Beast Jr having breathing difficulties due to a nasty cold but things have stabilized and the weekend is looking up. Smoking a french cut (bone-in) pork loin Saturday on the Weber and getting in the woods for the first time Sunday in search of a doe to fill the freezer. Cheers
    Glad your son is good. It?s always great being near a quality children?s hospital. They care so much about the kids.

Never done the bone in loin, always done Pork tenderloins. A friend from Greenville taught me a receipe we really enjoy. For the overnight rub, I use pork sausage seasoning. Then while cooking slow and low on the Weber, I baste with a mix of Tobasco, olive oil, Worcestershire and apple cider vinegar. It?s become our Christmas Eve go to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Glad your son is good. It?s always great being near a quality children?s hospital. They care so much about the kids.

Never done the bone in loin, always done Pork tenderloins. A friend from Greenville taught me a receipe we really enjoy. For the overnight rub, I use pork sausage seasoning. Then while cooking slow and low on the Weber, I baste with a mix of Tobasco, olive oil, Worcestershire and apple cider vinegar. It?s become our Christmas Eve go to.
    That pork loin recipe sounds great. I'm just experimenting. I have it in a brine over night and I'll pull it before it hits the grill. I'll use some of the Lot 36 XXX rub pre smoke. I'm probably going to smoke at 275 and use my igrill therm and pull when it hits 155. Wrap it and let it rest in a cooler for 30 mins and then slice and plate. I have some small purple taters and a speghetti squash so those will likely be the sides.

vCash
    Sauteed monk fish, over wilted spinach (with garlic, shallot, and lemon) and pomme rosti. The veg on the outside is roasted red pepper and zucchini with fresh basil. The sauce is white wine, butter, and lemon. Dee. Lisch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Sauteed monk fish, over wilted spinach (with garlic, shallot, and lemon) and pomme rosti. The veg on the outside is roasted red pepper and zucchini with fresh basil. The sauce is white wine, butter, and lemon. Dee. Lisch.

Damn son. Never had monk fish. Heard of it but never had it

vCash
    Did the bone-in pork loin tonight. Smoked on the Weber for roughly 3.5 hours. Last 30 it got wrapped and topped with pur?ed garlic and butter from the saut?e pan. Rested for 30 mins. Served with spaghetti squash and roasted herb purple taters. Had a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA with it.

vCash
    Damn son. Never had monk fish. Heard of it but never had it
    It's a great fish, Beast. It's super cheap, usually; I got 2 portions today (just over a pound total), for less than $8. It's flavor and texture is really interesting too. It tastes more like a combination of lobster and crab than any fish, and the meat is very firm.

vCash
    Bout to go to the stand til dark. Hopefully I’ll see something.