Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gus, Sexton, Tigers, and Pigs, Oh my....

vCash

Gus, Sexton, Tigers, and Pigs, Oh my....

Word on the interweb is that Sexton has made AU an offer to retain Gus's services....

It's a siege on the Plains...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I live in Little Rock and it seems to be a foregone conclusion to many that if gus loses to uga, he's coming to arkansas. . . not sure I buy it but there ya go.

All I've heard says Gus and Jay Jacobs have issues. Jacobs is a lame duck, so doesn't that solve the problem - minus the Sexton siege?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    I live in Little Rock and it seems to be a foregone conclusion to many that if gus loses to uga, he's coming to arkansas. . . not sure I buy it but there ya go.

All I've heard says Gus and Jay Jacobs have issues. Jacobs is a lame duck, so doesn't that solve the problem - minus the Sexton siege?
    Jacobs is a non-issue... Gus was a dead man walking before he blew out UGA, beat Bammer and gottem in the NC picture...

I think Sexton is just using that to his advantage to hold Gus hostage for a mondo ransom... I'd LOVE to know the time table associated with the offer...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Jacobs is a non-issue... Gus was a dead man walking before he blew out UGA, beat Bammer and gottem in the NC picture...

I think Sexton is just using that to his advantage to hold Gus hostage for a mondo ransom... I'd LOVE to know the time table associated with the offer...
    If I was Gus, I'd have Sexton working for some absurd Bielema like buyout at Auburn. For what ever reason, Gus gets a mixed reception in Arkansas - I think he'd have a tougher time up here than he should. Plus Arkansas fans/boosters are crazy.

vCash
    So is Ark going all in on Gus and if that doesn't work out picking up Norvell or Chad Morris? Still a better situation than UT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So is Ark going all in on Gus and if that doesn't work out picking up Norvell or Chad Morris? Still a better situation than UT.
    There's no telling - Wolken reported on twitter at one point that the boosters were calling coaches on their own and then the admins were calling others, now they've hired 2 search firms: one for AD and one for the coach.

Morris being hired starts riots, for sure.

vCash
    There's no telling - Wolken reported on twitter at one point that the boosters were calling coaches on their own and then the admins were calling others, now they've hired 2 search firms: one for AD and one for the coach.

Morris being hired starts riots, for sure.
    Is this a case of Ark is not going to be happy with anyone but Gus? They better watch themselves before it turns into UT not wanting anyone but Gruden.

vCash
    This late in the game, who would auburn go for to replace him?

vCash
    If there's no movement with AR in the next 4 days, you know the Malzahn deal is done. Welcome back to the SEC Bobby Petrino.

vCash
    What is Sexton's cut of all this?
    With all the coach's he represents, he has to be the richest man in Memphis not named Smith.
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Is this a case of Ark is not going to be happy with anyone but Gus? They better watch themselves before it turns into UT not wanting anyone but Gruden.
    Even with Gus, some will be unhappy - there's a contingent up here that simply hates him. Go poke around hogville - you'll see it in every thread about him. Arkansas never gets everyone happy on everything - it's weird here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I'm going with Petrino.

vCash
    I'm going with Petrino.
    Doesn't he have some kind of crazy buyout? Seems like Louisville made it where if he leaves again then it is going to be very costly. Does no one look at PJ Fleck or make Chris Petersen a big offer?

vCash
    Doesn't he have some kind of crazy buyout? Seems like Louisville made it where if he leaves again then it is going to be very costly. Does no one look at PJ Fleck or make Chris Petersen a big offer?
    Their AD getting fired voided said buyout - whooops!

vCash
    Their AD getting fired voided said buyout - whooops!
    That does make it interesting. I wonder why UT hasn't tried to swing him.

vCash
    That does make it interesting. I wonder why UT hasn't tried to swing him.
    Just for reference
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...-jurich-ousted

vCash
    Is Sexton working for the ACC and Big10? Seems like he is trying to topple the SEC.

vCash
    Interesting you heard no one interviewing for ARK position? Makes one wonder if rumors are true they are going all in on Malzahn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Interesting you heard no one interviewing for ARK position? Makes one wonder if rumors are true they are going all in on Malzahn?
    Since most of the rumors are about them targeting either Malzahn and/or Norvell, both of whom have games Saturday, it makes some sense that no one has heard about interviews yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Kiffen. Would be epic iron bowls vs Saban