Thread: Music Thread--If stranded on an island forever, what would be your 3 albums?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    AWOLNation - Megalithic Symphony. Sail is one of my favorite songs and Burn It Down is one of those songs that makes you want to break everything. Great workout song.

I can't believe I just overlooked The Black Keys. It would be one of my 3 albums.

The Black Keys - El Camino is one of my favorite albums ever.

Drivin' N' Cryin' - Fly Me Courageous is also an awesome album.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    AWOLNation - Megalithic Symphony. Sail is one of my favorite songs and Burn It Down is one of those songs that makes you want to break everything. Great workout song.

I can't believe I just overlooked The Black Keys. It would be one of my 3 albums.

The Black Keys - El Camino is one of my favorite albums ever.

Drivin' N' Cryin' - Fly Me Courageous is also an awesome album.
    You just destroyed all your music credibility with Drivin' N' Cryin'***
    My least favorite band. Ever. No contest. I've even told Kevn Kinney to his face how much I hate his band (which made his buddy Peter Buck howl with laughter).

I do like the Black Keys, even though they did rip off Jack White.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You just destroyed all your music credibility with Drivin' N' Cryin'***
    My least favorite band. Ever. No contest. I've even told Kevn Kinney to his face how much I hate his band (which made his buddy Peter Buck howl with laughter).

I do like the Black Keys, even though they did rip off Jack White.
    One of our best friends used to work on their tours. I had hardly heard of them before she took us to a show. They are fantastic live and Kevin is about the nicest guy you will meet.

I like The White Stripes but I think The Black Keys are better. Seven Nation Army is a fantastic song though but Little Black Submarine and Gold on the Ceiling are 2 of my favorite songs ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    One of our best friends used to work on their tours. I had hardly heard of them before she took us to a show. They are fantastic live and Kevin is about the nicest guy you will meet.

I like The White Stripes but I think The Black Keys are better. Seven Nation Army is a fantastic song though but Little Black Submarine and Gold on the Ceiling are 2 of my favorite songs ever.
    I've heard that about Kevn - and know people who know people too, and they say he is a good cat. He and DnC have mentored a lot of ATL bands too. My DnC thing is a taste and exposure thing. They were basically the "house band" at 96Rock in Atlanta when I was in HS. You couldn't go 30 minutes without hearing them, or them being in studio, or some promo going on about them. It got to the point where Kevn's voice started grating on my nerves because it was on the radio all the damn time. I get to State and "Fly me Courageous" comes out, and it hits big, and its DnC all the time everywhere I go. It was like Chinese water torture to my ears. Couple of years later at a U2 show, I got the chance to meet Pete Buck and Kinney was with him. Has a nice brief conversation with them, and got Pete's autograph, then and Pete says - "this is Kevn Kinney from DnC". I deadpanned "Hi Kevn, I can't stand your band." Kevn looked stunned and Pete just howls. I did follow that up with an explanation of my "burnout". 2nd most famous person I ever made laugh.

My Jack White/Black Keyes thing was a reference to Jack White feuding with Dan Auerbach. I like both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I've heard that about Kevn - and know people who know people too, and they say he is a good cat. He and DnC have mentored a lot of ATL bands too. My DnC thing is a taste and exposure thing. They were basically the "house band" at 96Rock in Atlanta when I was in HS. You couldn't go 30 minutes without hearing them, or them being in studio, or some promo going on about them. It got to the point where Kevn's voice started grating on my nerves because it was on the radio all the damn time. I get to State and "Fly me Courageous" comes out, and it hits big, and its DnC all the time everywhere I go. It was like Chinese water torture to my ears. Couple of years later at a U2 show, I got the chance to meet Pete Buck and Kinney was with him. Has a nice brief conversation with them, and got Pete's autograph, then and Pete says - "this is Kevn Kinney from DnC". I deadpanned "Hi Kevn, I can't stand your band." Kevn looked stunned and Pete just howls. I did follow that up with an explanation of my "burnout". 2nd most famous person I ever made laugh.

My Jack White/Black Keyes thing was a reference to Jack White feuding with Dan Auerbach. I like both.
    Yeah, I have heard about the whole Jack saying Dan stole his sound thing. It is kind of funny to me since Jack didn't invent a drum and blues guitar sound. The music does sound similar but not many bands have a truly unique sound. Everyone pretty much was influenced by someone at some point.

Talking about DnC, it is funny because Kevin seems to mentor guys now. Jason Isabell now is one of those guys that he mentored. Aaron Lee Tasjan is another that KK started let tour with them and now has some good solo stuff. Kevin for the past 2 years has done some shows at City Winery in Atlanta that he has guys come in and play. Peter Buck was actually one of them one week. It is a great show with that is a very interesting set up. You eat dinner while they are on a small stage playing. Very cool atmosphere. He might play a little DnC but then they just jam on whatever.