Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laying in bed last night, the last week and year finaly made sense regarding Domingo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    As far as facilities and pay, it was a lateral move. Gainesville is a bigger town if that is important and Florida is a better recruiting state but has more Universities fighting over it also. UF has the name which I guess is the most important part. Of course UF wasn't shit before Spurrier also and I am sure Dan will hear that from the Old Ball Coach on the reg. So he would have less people telling him how to run his program at MSU.

I can still see the draw of UF to someone who doesn't love MS and Starkvegas.
    Either UF or UGA has the second best set of built in advantages in the SEC after LSU. It's one of the maybe 10-12 places where it's not unreasonable to expect to win a national championship in a decade, no matter what the state of the program is in, even if in practice it's way more cyclical than that.

If a coach already has 10+ million in the bank (or whatever "enough" is for that coach) and wants to be a national championship coach, Florida would arguably be a better job than MSU if it paid $1M less a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Either UF or UGA has the second best set of built in advantages in the SEC after LSU. It's one of the maybe 10-12 places where it's not unreasonable to expect to win a national championship in a decade, no matter what the state of the program is in, even if in practice it's way more cyclical than that.

If a coach already has 10+ million in the bank (or whatever "enough" is for that coach) and wants to be a national championship coach, Florida would arguably be a better job than MSU if it paid $1M less a year.
    I’d say Florida and uga beat LSU, but those are definitely the top 3. I guess you can argue LSU has no instate P5 competition, but Georgia and Florida both produce more 4-5* croots. F$U and Miami clearly get their share, but Florida probably produces 3+ times the number of 4-5* guys as Louisiana most years. GT isn’t a threat to uga getting whatever 4-5* Georgia guys, so they have more croots and a similar advantage to LSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Dom will be sliding into the SEC Network in about 3 years after having been left in Jacksonville after his third blow out loss to Kirby and Jawja. First time he shows up in The Junction for a telecast he needs to be egged.
    Said it the day he was hired, he won?t ever beat Smart. He stammers too much to be an analyst, though.

vCash
    Don pouted after '15 when Dak couldn't get him a bigger job, but his assistant were moving up. Along comes Peter Sermon. I still wonder if that hire was Mullen giving up or if he was trying to prove something to Cheerleader. Either way, it was uninspired, and that carried on to the season opener in shorts.

He eventually got some fire back when IB took over, and that carried all the way to the Bama game this year. After that, it was quickly back to pouting, smirking Don.

vCash
    Realize I'm kind of late to this thread but this explanation makes the most sense of anything I've seen about why Mullins would be so hell bent to get out of town given the loaded team he would have next year at MSU. Apparently MK bruised his ego so bad last year that he was jumping ship as soon as he had the opportunity. Therefore, once he had enough wins this year to get him in the door with some decent openings he was mentally checked out as far as the end of our season went. He did REALLY want to beat Bama badly because he had never done it before and he knew what that would do for his stature as a coach but as for the UMass, Ark and OM games he barely gave a crap. Makes a lot more sense now as to why Mullins could laugh off the OM classless behavior during the game. Now yes, had OM not taken out NF with the cheap shot we would have still won all 3 of those games but it was obvious we were never right in our last 4 games (minus Bama) after the A&M road win. Once the Bama game was lost the last 2 games REALLY didn't mean anything to him.

vCash
    The truth is Dan hasn't been with us since the 2015 Orange Bowl. We kind of got screwed when Miami pulled the rug out from under him and hired Richt instead because we ended up with a coach that didn't really want to be here and yet was doing too well to fire. Plus we were paying him so much it priced him out of a lot of jobs. We also got screwed after the 2015 season by his recruiting or lack thereof and I imagine that Moorhead would have closed on some guys we missed on that could be helping us now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Said it the day he was hired, he won?t ever beat Smart. He stammers too much to be an analyst, though.
    Do you mean, “ Uuuuuuuuuhhh weeeeeeeellllll” to start every answer to every question makes someone a bad analyst?

vCash
    I've said to my MSU friends and family members that his yearly "job search" at the end of the season cost us several wins. We weren't ready for UNM in 4 of the last 6 games and his record against them shows it. Yeah, he's 5-4 against them overall at MSU, but Freeze owned him all but last year and what Dak's OT win? The other were early and against Nutt, I think. What had he really done for us lately, especially late in just about any season here the last few years. Things look great for the future, but "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Hail State, even Moor!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Thinking on this more it has made more sense. When Keenum stepped in and stopped DM from walking all over Cheerleader one of the ultimatums was disband the Siesta Club or make them up there recruting. This really pissed DM off, and our recruiting last year picked up 2nd half of season. Sallach was out to buy DM another year. Hev and Gonzo kept their shitty recruiting up and they were all on their way out from that point forward, Be it leaving or getting fired. They had to find a landing spot or change. They chose to leave and continue their shitty ways.

I know for a fact that DM demanded raises for his Siesta Club Boys or he was leaving. We were willing to give Grantham what was asked but not Hev or Gonzo. This all happened.

Maybe this is why DM is spewing the butthurt message. His feelings are hurt because our administration did not reward mediocrity.

vCash
    I think her name is actually Donnie Madoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Thinking on this more it has made more sense. When Keenum stepped in and stopped DM from walking all over Cheerleader one of the ultimatums was disband the Siesta Club or make them up there recruting. This really pissed DM off, and our recruiting last year picked up 2nd half of season. Sallach was out to buy DM another year. Hev and Gonzo kept their shitty recruiting up and they were all on their way out from that point forward, Be it leaving or getting fired. They had to find a landing spot or change. They chose to leave and continue their shitty ways.

I know for a fact that DM demanded raises for his Siesta Club Boys or he was leaving. We were willing to give Grantham what was asked but not Hev or Gonzo. This all happened.

Maybe this is why DM is spewing the butthurt message. His feelings are hurt because our administration did not reward mediocrity.
    This is exactly what I'm hearing he's telling the uf folks on why and how he left this year, and saying Cohen don't care about anything but the baseball program(and yet we have probably the best coaches and facilities across that board that we have ever had).
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 12-07-2017 at 03:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I’d say Florida and uga beat LSU, but those are definitely the top 3. I guess you can argue LSU has no instate P5 competition, but Georgia and Florida both produce more 4-5* croots. F$U and Miami clearly get their share, but Florida probably produces 3+ times the number of 4-5* guys as Louisiana most years. GT isn’t a threat to uga getting whatever 4-5* Georgia guys, so they have more croots and a similar advantage to LSU.
    LSU gets all of Louisiana, but also draws from Houston and East TX, as well as Florida. I'd take LSU.

vCash

Danny Boy ain't coaching the 2008 Florida team where they could pick and choose who they wanted. Things have drastically changed in Florida over the last nine years recruiting wise. There are too many universities with good recruiting head coaches in that state now. Danny Boy is screwed. Hev and Gonzo were lazy bastards in Starkville and I'm sure that tradition will carry on in Gainesville.

vCash
    Now this may get a bit winded and long but we need to go back to the way 2015 ended and Dom Martinez shopping himself for multiple jobs toward the end of the season, resulting in a horrific EB performance.This was the 2nd or 3rd time Martinez had attempted to parlay his success and jump ship.

Here is the part that finally made sense late last night, after reading Cohen saying he felt Domingo was leaving a couple months ago. This will also be refuted to their death by a couple posters, Liverpool in particular.

If some of you recall one of my posts after the South Alabama loss, you will recall the post stating Keenum finally having had enough shenanigans from Domingo and passive observation from Cheerleader. Keenum stepped up and essentially took charge of the football program and acted as AD.

If you recall the original post, I relayed the information that MK told one of my family members in a conversation in the box the next game. He approached both the Cheerleader and Martinez after the "khaki chinos" loss to USA. MK politely told cheerleader that he needed to find a new job, before MK forced him too. Cheerleader was gone form Starkville before October.

Here is the part that did not make sense to me until last night after processing everything and a couple E.H. Taylors on the rocks. Keenum also chewed Martinez's ass and gave him some ultimatums. He told Domingo to get rid of some of the country club and up his recruiting. This was the point Domingo decided that he was getting out as soon as something came along. Not long after Cheerleader took his pom poms to Gainesville and before Cohen is hired, Domingo fires his agent and hires Jimmy Sexton. It's well known that you don't go to Sexton if you want to stay where you are.

These are the key factors my maroon glasses kept me from putting together.

Cohen is hired and Meets with Dom. Cohen reiterates what MK had said a month earlier. Mid season after a horrible loss to UK, Martinez's entire demeanor changes, the recruiting picks up, and it appears to most of us fans, that Domingo has caught his second wind now that Pom Poms was gone. Maybe this is what he needed to get to that next step.

Little did we know Domingo had at that point, decided he was getting out ASAP. One thing was getting in the way of landing a new gig after the 2016 season.... a 5-7 regular season record, a narrow bowl berth and even narrower bowl win against a MAC team. No major program can justify this hire.

FF to 2017 and a nice early season W vs LSU. head into November with only 2 losses and play Bama late into 4th quarter. Then Sleep walk through a W in Fayetteville. Johnny said he felt like Martinez was leaving a couple months ago and some of our own were even saying he would've gone to Tennesee. either way domingo was getting out this year.

For most of us logically thinking, wearing maroon glasses, we saw the 2018 team being one of the most talented and deep teams ever. We saw a great 2018 recruiting class and an even better 2019 crop. What we, including myself, failed to see was the sequence of events after Keenum stepped in and gave his ultimatums. MK basically set all of this in motion September 2016 and most of us refused to see it.

Domingo Martinez had made his mind up after getting his ass chewed last September, that he was getting out the first chance he got at a decent gig. The lateral move and essential same salary all but confirm this.

I should have seen this long ago when I was told what Keenum did. Either way I think we came out better at the end of this week than we started it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn'r Stricklin pretty much gone by the S. Ala. game? I know it was common knowledge within the Ath. Dept.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn'r Stricklin pretty much gone by the S. Ala. game? I know it was common knowledge within the Ath. Dept.
    I’ve heard this before and never bought it. So Stricklin was told to start looking cause you are “out of here” and he gets the AD job at UF AND doubles his salary?? Dude must be living a charmed life. If he’d gone to UAB for half the salary I may have believed it.

vCash

MK told mullett that.... MK is much more in sync than people realize....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I've said to my MSU friends and family members that his yearly "job search" at the end of the season cost us several wins. We weren't ready for UNM in 4 of the last 6 games and his record against them shows it. Yeah, he's 5-4 against them overall at MSU, but Freeze owned him all but last year and what Dak's OT win? The other were early and against Nutt, I think. What had he really done for us lately, especially late in just about any season here the last few years. Things look great for the future, but "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Hail State, even Moor!
    This is my opinion too and I wanted to get a chance to say Dong Muffins because it's funny to me.

vCash
    On The Cheerleader, Keenum told a direct family member that hiring him was the biggest single mistake he had made in his tenure at MSU not long after he hired him. It took a little while to navigate the politics of the situation but he moved him out as soon as he could in a way as not to make the University and the athletic department look bad.

Banned
    vCash
    I got blasted by a few when I said I was fed up with Dom's apparent lack of focus for the egg bowl due to having his mind elsewhere. seemed like he only won it when he wasn't being discussed for other jobs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I got blasted by a few when I said I was fed up with Dom's apparent lack of focus for the egg bowl due to having his mind elsewhere. seemed like he only won it when he wasn't being discussed for other jobs.
    You mean like 2016 when MK told him he had to win the EB to keep his job?