Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laying in bed last night, the last week and year finaly made sense regarding Domingo.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Laying in bed last night, the last week and year finaly made sense regarding Domingo.

Now this may get a bit winded and long but we need to go back to the way 2015 ended and Dom Martinez shopping himself for multiple jobs toward the end of the season, resulting in a horrific EB performance.This was the 2nd or 3rd time Martinez had attempted to parlay his success and jump ship.

Here is the part that finally made sense late last night, after reading Cohen saying he felt Domingo was leaving a couple months ago. This will also be refuted to their death by a couple posters, Liverpool in particular.

If some of you recall one of my posts after the South Alabama loss, you will recall the post stating Keenum finally having had enough shenanigans from Domingo and passive observation from Cheerleader. Keenum stepped up and essentially took charge of the football program and acted as AD.

If you recall the original post, I relayed the information that MK told one of my family members in a conversation in the box the next game. He approached both the Cheerleader and Martinez after the "khaki chinos" loss to USA. MK politely told cheerleader that he needed to find a new job, before MK forced him too. Cheerleader was gone form Starkville before October.

Here is the part that did not make sense to me until last night after processing everything and a couple E.H. Taylors on the rocks. Keenum also chewed Martinez's ass and gave him some ultimatums. He told Domingo to get rid of some of the country club and up his recruiting. This was the point Domingo decided that he was getting out as soon as something came along. Not long after Cheerleader took his pom poms to Gainesville and before Cohen is hired, Domingo fires his agent and hires Jimmy Sexton. It's well known that you don't go to Sexton if you want to stay where you are.

These are the key factors my maroon glasses kept me from putting together.

Cohen is hired and Meets with Dom. Cohen reiterates what MK had said a month earlier. Mid season after a horrible loss to UK, Martinez's entire demeanor changes, the recruiting picks up, and it appears to most of us fans, that Domingo has caught his second wind now that Pom Poms was gone. Maybe this is what he needed to get to that next step.

Little did we know Domingo had at that point, decided he was getting out ASAP. One thing was getting in the way of landing a new gig after the 2016 season.... a 5-7 regular season record, a narrow bowl berth and even narrower bowl win against a MAC team. No major program can justify this hire.

FF to 2017 and a nice early season W vs LSU. head into November with only 2 losses and play Bama late into 4th quarter. Then Sleep walk through a W in Fayetteville. Johnny said he felt like Martinez was leaving a couple months ago and some of our own were even saying he would've gone to Tennesee. either way domingo was getting out this year.

For most of us logically thinking, wearing maroon glasses, we saw the 2018 team being one of the most talented and deep teams ever. We saw a great 2018 recruiting class and an even better 2019 crop. What we, including myself, failed to see was the sequence of events after Keenum stepped in and gave his ultimatums. MK basically set all of this in motion September 2016 and most of us refused to see it.

Domingo Martinez had made his mind up after getting his ass chewed last September, that he was getting out the first chance he got at a decent gig. The lateral move and essential same salary all but confirm this.

I should have seen this long ago when I was told what Keenum did. Either way I think we came out better at the end of this week than we started it.

vCash
    Makes sense to me. Also, DM has a lot of interests outside of football. Unless he wins like UF fans expect him to, he's gonna get REAL tired of the pressures involved with his occupation. Regardless of whether he does great or not, he will wash out at some point, and do something different.

vCash
    Now .. it's Florida's problem!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Dom will be sliding into the SEC Network in about 3 years after having been left in Jacksonville after his third blow out loss to Kirby and Jawja. First time he shows up in The Junction for a telecast he needs to be egged.

vCash
    And I was laying in bed thinking about naked women. I had lost my focus. Thanks for steering me back to the straight and narrow Rouge!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Now this may get a bit winded and long but we need to go back to the way 2015 ended and Dom Martinez shopping himself for multiple jobs toward the end of the season, resulting in a horrific EB performance.This was the 2nd or 3rd time Martinez had attempted to parlay his success and jump ship.

Here is the part that finally made sense late last night, after reading Cohen saying he felt Domingo was leaving a couple months ago. This will also be refuted to their death by a couple posters, Liverpool in particular.

If some of you recall one of my posts after the South Alabama loss, you will recall the post stating Keenum finally having had enough shenanigans from Domingo and passive observation from Cheerleader. Keenum stepped up and essentially took charge of the football program and acted as AD.

If you recall the original post, I relayed the information that MK told one of my family members in a conversation in the box the next game. He approached both the Cheerleader and Martinez after the "khaki chinos" loss to USA. MK politely told cheerleader that he needed to find a new job, before MK forced him too. Cheerleader was gone form Starkville before October.

Here is the part that did not make sense to me until last night after processing everything and a couple E.H. Taylors on the rocks. Keenum also chewed Martinez's ass and gave him some ultimatums. He told Domingo to get rid of some of the country club and up his recruiting. This was the point Domingo decided that he was getting out as soon as something came along. Not long after Cheerleader took his pom poms to Gainesville and before Cohen is hired, Domingo fires his agent and hires Jimmy Sexton. It's well known that you don't go to Sexton if you want to stay where you are.

Cohen is hired and Meets with Dom. Cohen reiterates what MK had said a month earlier. Mid season after a horrible loss to UK, Martinez's entire demeanor changes, the recruiting picks up, and it appears to most of us fans, that Domingo has caught his second wind now that Pom Poms was gone. Maybe this is what he needed to get to that next step.

Little did we know Domingo had at that point, decided he was getting out ASAP. One thing was getting in the way of landing a new gig after the 2016 season.... a 5-7 regular season record, a narrow bowl berth and even narrower bowl win against a MAC team. No major program can justify this hire.

FF to 2017 and a nice early season W vs LSU. head into November with only 2 losses and play Bama late into 4th quarter. Then Sleep walk through a W in Fayetteville. Johnny said he felt like Martinez was leaving a couple months ago and some of our own were even saying he would've gone to Tennesee. either way domingo was getting out this year.

For most of us logically thinking, wearing maroon glasses, we saw the 2018 team being one of the most talented and deep teams ever. We saw a great 2018 recruiting class and an even better 2019 crop. What we, including myself, failed to see was the sequence of events after Keenum stepped in and gave his ultimatums. MK basically set all of this in motion September 2016 and most of us refused to see it.

Domingo Martinez had made his mind up after getting his ass chewed last September, that he was getting out the first chance he got at a decent gig. The lateral move and essential same salary all but confirm this.

I should have seen this long ago when I was told what Keenum did. Either way I think we came out better at the end of this week than we started it.
    Your story reminded me of a question had. I heard a rumor that John Cohen told Dimitri Mullinoff that he had to win the 2016 Egg Bowl or face termination. Did that actually happen?

vCash
    Who is this Deebo Mularkey you speak of? Never heard of her.

vCash

I like all of what you're saying, but Florida is not a lateral move. It's laughable to think that.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    I like all of what you're saying, but Florida is not a lateral move. It's laughable to think that.
    They pay is a lateral move. The actual team and current status of the program is actually a step down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    As far as facilities and pay, it was a lateral move. Gainesville is a bigger town if that is important and Florida is a better recruiting state but has more Universities fighting over it also. UF has the name which I guess is the most important part. Of course UF wasn't shit before Spurrier also and I am sure Dan will hear that from the Old Ball Coach on the reg. So he would have less people telling him how to run his program at MSU.

I can still see the draw of UF to someone who doesn't love MS and Starkvegas.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Your story reminded me of a question had. I heard a rumor that John Cohen told Dimitri Mullinoff that he had to win the 2016 Egg Bowl or face termination. Did that actually happen?
    Not sure if that was actually said. I do know he was told he had to change up some of the coaches. Hence Sallach looking elsewhere. Domingo didn?t want to get rid of the other Siesta Boys so he hired Sexton and started shopping.

vCash
    They pay is a lateral move. The actual team and current status of the program is actually a step down.
    UF has talent but not as much as he just left.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    UF has talent but not as much as he just left.
    A&M and LSU both supposedly have more talent than we do too. How?d that work out for them this year?

vCash
    A&M and LSU both supposedly have more talent than we do too. How?d that work out for them this year?
    True but if there is talent to work with then it makes the turn around easier. Felipe wasn't a horrible QB for a freshman and McE wasn't a bad recruiter.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    True but if there is talent to work with then it makes the turn around easier. Felipe wasn't a horrible QB for a freshman and McE wasn't a bad recruiter.
    Correct. Talent can be turned around. If history serves me right he better have a ton of talented upper classmen. And they better be able to pass block. If not they will underachieve, like Domingo?s teams in the past have.

vCash

I also started thinking about Dopey McNutty's career at MSU. His first couple of years seems like he was trying to build something. If you look at the years we started well, we always seemed to shit the bed down the stretch starting in 2012. I wonder if those might have been affected by him job hunting and partially checking out similar to this year. We barely beat a horrible Ark team and then looked like shit against a not great UM team at home. It was almost a pattern. Start out having a good year then job hunting rumors start and we either lose or barely win against a not great Ark team and then look like shit against UM. It seems like the only time we played UM tough was when our backs were against the wall as far as getting into a bowl.

vCash
    I also started thinking about Dopey McNutty's career at MSU. His first couple of years seems like he was trying to build something. If you look at the years we started well, we always seemed to shit the bed down the stretch starting in 2012. I wonder if those might have been affected by him job hunting and partially checking out similar to this year. We barely beat a horrible Ark team and then looked like shit against a not great UM team at home. It was almost a pattern. Start out having a good year then job hunting rumors start and we either lose or barely win against a not great Ark team and then look like shit against UM. It seems like the only time we played UM tough was when our backs were against the wall as far as getting into a bowl.
    Fitz doesn't get hurt we roll the sharks and we're 9-3 and folks are even more pissed he left. I could take or leave Merlin and am not a big fan of him personally...but he did build a very solid program and culture and left the cupboard far from bare.

vCash
    The pay isn't lateral either. Dom Murlinco got 6 years guaranteed... we can only do four. He's getting a contract worth $36M, we would've had to pay $9M per year to match the offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    The pay isn't lateral either. Dom Murlinco got 6 years guaranteed... we can only do four. He's getting a contract worth $36M, we would've had to pay $9M per year to match the offer.
    That's semantics though - on a year to year basis we can match their pay. There are a lot of states that have contract restrictions like MS. It's not like that 6 year contract guarantees him 6 years. We have a good system where we look at the contract yearly or every other year and extend it if warranted. After 2 years of 7-5 or 8-4, you think UF is going to renegotiate or extend that contract? Nope. 2 years in and Dom will be on the sillia caliente and they won't touch that contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Makes sense to me. Also, DM has a lot of interests outside of football. Unless he wins like UF fans expect him to, he's gonna get REAL tired of the pressures involved with his occupation. Regardless of whether he does great or not, he will wash out at some point, and do something different.
    This ALL day! I've told several people I believe Mullin is coaching his last job. I believe win lose or other he's quitting after this one. He's just not that into football.