Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danish Muffin has really disappointed me since he left.

vCash
    I, too, feel that Darn Marlins should have exited a little more gracefully.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    The way he went out changed my thinking about Cousin Eddie, yes the "shitter was full Eddie"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The way he went out changed my thinking about Cousin Eddie, yes the "shitter was full Eddie"!
    My wife has not cared for him after the whole shopping for jobs in 2014 and the team looked like crap against Bama, Ark, and UM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Now, it's just my thoughts, but I always got the impression that he thought he was "too good" to be here....

I dunno, buddy.... just my perspective...
    Nope, you're not the only one.

I nearly caused World War III last year around this time when I made that comment around my extended family. That got the argument started, but when I suggested that Lateral Move also had a learning disability due to his "Holloway up the middle" and botching the clock at the end of games (ala LSU) - we about came to blows....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Did you cats really not know his MO?

Honest interrogative.
    It's inconsistent with his MO. Dan was all about Dan, but he was pretty good at marketing himself and the program (notwithstanding the fact that he oozed abrasiveness).

Again, I'm not bothered that he didn't give a shit about the school or fans. I think people are unrealistic to expect head football coaches to have a particularly strong personal attachment to their school. But it's sort of part of the business for coaches to pretend they do.

Dan, and especially Megan, are pretty savvy about that type stuff, so for him to be getting paid $6M and have access to a staff, yet not do anything but make a 6 second, boilerplate thank you statement without any elaboration during the introductory press conference and then make a 140 character tweet congratulating the new coach just seems like he must have some bitterness/resentment.

Even if he's pissed that he had to spend 9 years to get a premiere job rather than 3 or 4, I don't know why that would make him not spend 5 seconds telling his assistant or 10 minutes getting his pr person to post a tweet that looked something like Granthams.

vCash
    There's a lot of stuff about Mullen we just ignored and overlooked.

He really is a self centered, arrogant asshole. He's a good coach but in his mind he thinks he's the best coach money can buy. His image of himself is going to be tested at Florida. 7-5 and 8-4 seasons don't fly in Gator Land.