Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: University of Tennessee

vCash

University of Tennessee

I just wanted to take a moment to reengaged in the previous debate between myself and others on this board about whether Miss State or Tenn is a better job right now.

If there?s anyone left that wants to explain how Tenn is still a superior program despite a decade of suck, I?ll hang up and listen. Thanks.

vCash

just saw this...

Clay Travis‏Verified account @ClayTravis
    43m43 minutes ago

I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer ? buyout included ? and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.
    703 replies 1,404 retweets 2,027 likes

What are they doing up there?

vCash
    Haven't had time to do much research, but what's the 411 on their coaching search?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment to reengaged in the previous debate between myself and others on this board about whether Miss State or Tenn is a better job right now.

If there?s anyone left that wants to explain how Tenn is still a superior program despite a decade of suck, I?ll hang up and listen. Thanks.
    BUT BUT BUT

TITLE

100k STADIUM

PEYTON

Still feeling the stupid firing of Fulmer a decade later. I love it.

vCash
    Good grief, they have totally screwed this up, maybe they can get Croom, I think he lives in Tennessee. There's no way in heck that Tennessee is a better program than us. They've just proved it over and over and over. Say hello to the bottom of the SEC, ut.

You know Fat Phil is somewhere laughing his butt off!

vCash

On paper Tennessee has more resources & a higher ceiling, but quality of job is about so much more.

MSU has better leadership, currently a better program, a significantly better team, & a more realistic view of what their program is & can be.

All things together, MSU is the better job. MSU is a medium sized business with great leadership, direction, & is gaining market share while TN is a conglomerate that lacks direction, leadership, & is losing market share.

vCash
    So Kelly, Brohm, Mullen, Gundy, Pruitt, Frost, Morris, and some others have already turned it down? Is that list accurate, some of that is assumptions on my part based on the coaches currently in the market.

vCash
    The Tennessee job is fool's gold. You take away the good Fulmer years and what do you have? A big stadium. You add in the fact that the Fulmer years gave rise to the annual "Fulmer Cup" - you then have to question the Fulmer years.

If the UT job was a car, it would be an old jag. . .it looks good from the curb but runs like shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    On paper Tennessee has more resources & a higher ceiling, but quality of job is about so much more.

MSU has better leadership, currently a better program, a significantly better team, & a more realistic view of what their program is & can be.

All things together, MSU is the better job. MSU is a medium sized business with great leadership, direction, & is gaining market share while TN is a conglomerate that lacks direction, leadership, & is losing market share.
    Great analogy.

vCash
    Why would the chancellor not have pre-approved the financials of an offer the school made? I'm not sure i'm buying that Brohm accepted an offer

vCash
    Tennessee Football - At least we're not about to be on probation like Ole Miss.

vCash
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    The Tennessee job is fool's gold. You take away the good Fulmer years and what do you have? A big stadium. You add in the fact that the Fulmer years gave rise to the annual "Fulmer Cup" - you then have to question the Fulmer years.

If the UT job was a car, it would be an old jag. . .it looks good from the curb but runs like shit.

vCash
    I thought they pretty much were screwed, after they embarrased one of their potential candidates on social media, but that they may be able to still get one of their own, Tee Martin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Why would the chancellor not have pre-approved the financials of an offer the school made? I'm not sure i'm buying that Brohm accepted an offer
    Happened with Jimbo at LSU or at least that’s what the LSU brass said when they fired then rehired Les two years ago.

On a separate note, Erik ainge (isnt he the old UT QB?) was DMing Kiffin to tel him he doesn’t want him back at Tenn. these bat shit crazy people can’t get anyone to come and are still actively turning people away, even after Schiano-gate.

vCash
    They are almost as radioactive as unm at this point. That little stunt with Schiano probably scared off any serious coach with interest. Who would wanna walk into that mess?

vCash
    So Kelly, Brohm, Mullen, Gundy, Pruitt, Frost, Morris, and some others have already turned it down? Is that list accurate, some of that is assumptions on my part based on the coaches currently in the market.
    Can't believe you forgot the Schiano disaster protests

vCash
    Tennessee is running away with the title of worst coaching search ever performed in the history of football. I'm guessing they're going to end up with Tee Martin and then kick the tires on Gruden again in about 2-3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I figured everyone knew about that. I was just listing who turned it down. He had reportedly accepted it and thengot told no thanks. But yeah, that’s the fuel that turned a typical silly season dumpster fire into the 1908 burn down of San Francisco.

vCash
    Does Currie survive this or is he gonna be sent to the pit of misery after its all said and done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Technically, Schiano accepted the job, everyone else has turned it down.