Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell on Fitz

vCash

Buy/Sell on Fitz

I know Dak is revered but, in the last 4 days it seems to me Fitz has stepped out of his shadow. He now seems to own the team and endeared himself to the fan base. I feel like he and the team have stepped onward and upward.

vCash
    Hell- I'll say it. I like Fitz better than I liked Dak. Don't get me wrong- Dak is a better QB and I like him a lot. But Fitz is like our Joe Namath. He's the guy I want to hang out with that's cool and everyone likes.

vCash
    What's the buy / sell....

Dak will always be held higher because he was first.. Short of Fitz getting us to Atlanta.
    Dak is bigger now because of his success in the NFL.

vCash
    Buy. Fitz has worked to become a leader with his effort,play and leadership. What happened since Thursday has further engrained him as a leader of this team and future Bulldog legend after he finishes strong next season. 2 statues coming Dak and Fitz!

I will add I love them both! They both have made their mark here in positive ways!

vCash
    He's got to be one of the toughest SOBs I have ever seen. Not many folks get injured that brutally and return to the game to cheer on teammates. That is tough as nails right there.

vCash
    Dak is the face of our program nationally. It’s is what it is and that won’t change anytime soon, but Fitz’s has taken his leadership role to a level Dak never experienced here. Dak led by example and would challenge people who didn’t work, but there’s a difference between leading your team and leading a program. Fitz has been the program’s leader the past few days and that will continue during this transition. It speaks volumes about a guy who took a cheap shot, lost his coaches, had surgery, and still had the mindset to pick up the torch and trudge forward for the entire fan base... that’s incredible at such a young age.

vCash
    Fitz will finish as one of our most beloved QBs but...he still has another year to go. Let’s see how he finishes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Dak is the face of our program nationally. It’s is what it is and that won’t change anytime soon, but Fitz’s has taken his leadership role to a level Dak never experienced here. Dak led by example and would challenge people who didn’t work, but there’s a difference between leading your team and leading a program. Fitz has been the program’s leader the past few days and that will continue during this transition. It speaks volumes about a guy who took a cheap shot, lost his coaches, had surgery, and still had the mindset to pick up the torch and trudge forward for the entire fan base... that’s incredible at such a young age.
    Dang man, you hit it out of the park with that one. Well said!

Rep Given

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    He's got to be one of the toughest SOBs I have ever seen. Not many folks get injured that brutally and return to the game to cheer on teammates. That is tough as nails right there.

As an old man I knew used to say.. he is tougher than hobo shxt.

vCash
    Glad to see more and more people coming around on Fitz.

I'm just going to leave these two jewels from October 2013:
    First my old "This Week in GA QB Commits" witnessing Fitz destroy my beloved Red Terrors - http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...t=Week+Commits

And this: our local sports radio guy here on the coast BJ Bennett from that same night in 2013:

"Mississippi State QB recruit Nick Fitzgerald

Saw him score seven total touchdowns in a key region win for his team tonight. He is 6'5", 215 with a very impressive mix of drop-back passing skills but also move-the-chains mobility. He makes all of the throws with great zip on his passes but, interestingly enough, is extremely effective running the football in an offense that features mostly flexbone and diamond formations.

He looks the part: stands tall in the pocket, follows through on his throws, can run over and around you. Actually was his team's best receiver last year before switching to quarterback this season. His upside is off the charts. Talking to his coaches, is also a great leader who does things right in the classroom and in the community. An impressive young man, who seems to have an "it" factor about him.

Have seen him and gotten to know him some and just wanted to share. I think Mississippi State has an absolute steal in this young man. Remember the name.
    "

vCash
    I have been critical of Fitz in the past, but have been very pleased with the leadership he's shown since DM left. That said, I believe it is time for us to stop making it Dak vs. Fitz and embrace the fact that we had two great QBs back-to-back (and look forward to this streak continuing).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I have been critical of Fitz in the past, but have been very pleased with the leadership he's shown since DM left. That said, I believe it is time for us to stop making it Dak vs. Fitz and embrace the fact that we had two great QBs back-to-back (and look forward to this streak continuing).
    Excellent point!

vCash
    Dak didn't have the challenges on the field that Fitz has faced. Dak had decent to good WRs to go with a decent to good Oline and RBs. In 2014, he had above average at almost every position. This year is the most talented group Fitz has around him and none of the WRs would even be in the rotation any year while Dak was here. Fitz has had to do a lot more himself than Dak had to do. Not to take away from Dak but Fitz is one of the most hard playing QBs I have seen. He leaves everything he has on the field every game. He even dislocates his ankle and comes back out there to give everything he had from the sideline. We are very lucky to have 2 of the best QBs in MSU history back to back.

vCash
    Why choose? Both deserve whatever accolades we might choose to give. Loved Dak and Fitz is top rate. I only wish the best for both of them.

My sincere hope is that Fitz has a better year than we ever saw Dak achieve at MSU and them goes on to surpass Dak in the NFL. Wouldn't that be great!

Banned
    vCash
    Let me say this about Fitz: I?m 5?8? and 220lbs, and I would block for Fitz if I needed to. Lol

I think of him the way Lincoln thought of Grant: ?He is my man, and I am his.?

vCash
    Fitzzz is a baddddddd man!

vCash
    Fitzgerald won the team in the Bama game last year when he was getting his brains beat in, kept getting back up and fighting down by 40. Made a statement in the BYU game earlier in the year as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Fitzgerald won the team in the Bama game last year when he was getting his brains beat in, kept getting back up and fighting down by 40. Made a statement in the BYU game earlier in the year as well
    That TD he scored when he helicoptered into the endzone was badass. Fitz is a bad man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I know Dak is revered but, in the last 4 days it seems to me Fitz has stepped out of his shadow. He now seems to own the team and endeared himself to the fan base. I feel like he and the team have stepped onward and upward.
    Buy.

And that is no disrespect towards the guy that lifted us to this point.... Dak
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Dak and Fitz are like your own children. They both have great but different personalities, characteristics and differences but you love both of them just as much!